6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

powerstrokehelp.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 01:06 PM
05 f250 6 inch lift
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
his youtube video's seem to be very informitive an have good tips in them. but it is totally up to the person with the truck to do the research an find out what works best for their situation.

just like the IPR oil cooler i have, it works great for my truck an how i use it but it might not be the right/best choice for others an how they use thier trucks.

just my .02 cents

Old 04-17-2012, 03:46 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
Grapevine update. Talked to Bill and they are still open. Disregard the "closed" rumor.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:44 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
so now we know hes both a crook and a db. love that labor overlap upsale. no to mention the useless upgrades

Old 04-17-2012, 05:48 PM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah I coudn't even stomach it all the way through that last video.

I have to agree Moe what a DB!!

Old 04-17-2012, 10:20 PM
TexasA&M
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cheezit
no to mention the useless upgrades
Trying not to be completely ignorant, but which of the upgrades in the video are useless? Some/most of it definitely seemed like overkill, but.......

Old 04-17-2012, 10:40 PM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Received 2,490 Likes on 1,727 Posts
Unless you want a TON of horsepower, you do not need o-ringed heads. Even a regulated return is not necessary until you are getting to very high horsepower and then you need a bigger fuel pump. I don't see how the regulated return adds any significant cooling to the injector tip either.

I run Matt's SRL+ w/ a 40hp PHP FICM tune and I do not see an issue w/ the fuel pressure or the cooling provided by the OEM radiator. He makes these things sound crucial. If you upgrade the injectors, a bigger fuel pump (as said previously) is more important than the regulated return IMO (as is a way to measure the fuel pressure at the back of the heads).

The stock exhaust system does not cost you 2 mpg. I know some people say they got better fuel economy w/ an exhaust upgrade, but I didn't see it on either of my diesel trucks and most postings will say it didn't make much difference.

I do not see any benefit from the add-on Racor fuel filter. The stock system works well enough and if I wanted better filtration, I would go w/ an AirDogII system (which includes a bigger pump).

Peoples opinions differ on by-pass oil filters, but at least one member here did oil analysis work before and after a bypass filter install and saw no analytical benefit to it.

The combined costs of these items should be lower since (for example) install of regulated return fuel systems and coolant bypass seem to be "stacking" labor costs, etc.

All that said, no doubt I have installed some unnecessary mods over the years .............

Old 04-18-2012, 02:16 AM
fiftyfifty
New User
garmon charged 5200 all the things thats included woth cab off head gasket repair , had to shave heads , new brake booster , rebuilt turbo , new oil cooler etc so far im happy hurt the pocket but hey thanks for nothing ford . Havent towed anything

Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 AM
cheezit
Post Fiend

mark pretty much got it. also not a regulated return does not add **** power.
also to add to 0-ring heads that helps elimate head and gasket shifting.. not an issue with a 6.0. the issue is heads lifting I dont see were o-ringing the heads will do alot for a "lifting" issue.
also no metion of the fact you should be watching ect and eot, and you can pretty well have all the gauges you want with a scangauge and 2 pvt's and a piro for less money.
replacing the intercooler? why the stock unit works fine
replacing the radiator beacuse its a weak point? we dont see many of them fail.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:14 AM
kornfanjoe
Posting Guru
Wow i liked his earlier videos where he promoted smart upgrades and deciding whats necessary. Now its "put in this expensive radiator because its shiny. And crucial! And shiny!" Use these gauges because they are more important than predicting major engine failures. Look at how shiny it is and the blue makes it mecessary!

Old 09-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Steve Hall
New User
I cant see why people rag on this guy. He sure as hell wouldnt be showing people how to do these things on the internet if he was trying to sell you something. Why does he even bother informing people about these engines? Lots of hours spent making these videos and yes im sure he gets some business from doing that but what a great place to go to visualize what is going on when you are repairing something you have no clue how to repair or replace. Print only goes so far before you need illustration and he is very informative on the 7.3 in my book. This forum is great but lacks illustration when you need it. Some like me need pictures, "Do I need to draw you a picture,? In my case YES, you do.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:44 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve Hall
I cant see why people rag on this guy.
Because he spews a great deal of misinformation.
Originally Posted by Steve Hall
Print only goes so far before you need illustration and he is very informative on the 7.3 in my book.
Oh really? This is the man that preaches to all 7.3L owners to "change their high pressure oil system oil". Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!!!! So if I understand correctly, he would have you believe that oil contained the the high pressure oil system is completely independent of the low pressure system, and thus requires a separate service over and above a normal oil change.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:52 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

steve there are a ton of pictures of anything you need here. if not just ask someone most likly has an arcive of them.

B.H. is a D.B. imo

Old 09-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Agree with everybody here. Tat dude is definitely trying to use scare tactics to sell u something.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:45 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Senior Master Tech has a better video series than anything done by PSHelp

6.0 Liter Ford Powerstroke EGR & Oil Cooler Replacement - YouTube

This guy isn't trying to sell you anything at all, heck he doesn't even talk half the time, just uses banners to tell you what he's doing.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:00 PM
mustang_309
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by m-chan68
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!!!!
That gave me a belly laugh and made my day, thanks for that m-chan

Quick Reply: powerstrokehelp.com