Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Western Washington Tech Day April 28th

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:06 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Western Washington Tech Day April 28th

I will be hosting a tech day April 28th for all of the wet side of Washington guys. If we need to run a second day, there is no problem with that either!

I can accommodate 3 rigs in the shop, 2 more mostly under cover outside and room for several more in the driveway area.

I am located in Lake Stevens, WA off of HWY 92. For those interested in coming, PM me and I will shoot you the address.

There are four parts stores within five miles (Napa, Carquest, O'reilly's, Autozone). There is an Ace Hardware along with a Lowes and Home Depot fairly close too.

I have AE and will run it on your truck or calibrate the speedo if you want.

I plan on having the BBQ and smoker fired up too.

Start posting up your projects if you want a spot in the shop, or if you plan on heading out. Plenty of room and should be a good time.

This is also posted on FordDieselPower.com to accommodate the guys on there. This is a prep day for those getting Tyrant Diesel Live Tuning or running the Dyno Event in Spokane on May 19th. Anyone is welcome to come though!

Old 03-30-2012, 01:58 PM
DavidE
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kudos for hosting this !

I'm blown away that you would play host to this. As I've never had the opportunity to attend one of these I would be very helpful to me (and probabaly others who haven't either) to learn about how these work? Who and how many can come and what kinds of repair or upgrade activities take place and how prioized? What wrenching aptitude is required and tools needed to be brought by participants etc. Can someone come for a first time just to observe or have an AE scan done for example? Thanks also for all your input on the FTE website.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:49 PM
smithrock
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! If I only lived a little closer! I would love to have your input on my rig! Very cool of you to do something like this!

Old 03-30-2012, 04:10 PM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
This is Awesome ken!! Looking forward to live Tuning and the Dyno Event.

We have 4 sponsors now, Alligator Performance, Diesel Power Products, Flo Pro Exhausts, and now Valair! Also have BD Diesel, TYMAR Performance, and Diamond Eye Exhaust as Vendors so far. We have raised almost as much money so far with these Sponsorships and Vendors, as we did during the whole event last year!!! We are looking to CRUSH our proceeds for Charity!!!

Old 03-30-2012, 04:37 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Anyone can come. It can be just a get together or if you have project, let me know. I would ask that if you plan on doing s mod or something that you bring your own basic tools. I do have a large selection and of course will help on any projects. There should be a good deal of experience there and a good time will be had.

For those who may be holding off on a mod, now is the time. Get some hands on pointers and help.

Since I know shipping to Canada is expensive, call Clay up if you need goodies. The UPS guy knows where to take the packages with Yellow Tape on them!

Old 03-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Boss73
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just put it on my calender! I've been hoping someone would host one of these in our area, let alone less than 10 miles from my house! Thanks for hosting this event Ken, let me know if you need help with anything getting it ready.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:50 PM
2000ca250
Posting Guru
I am talking to Bryce, but tentatively I will say that me and him will be there, and potentially Bryant (konagrown).

Bryant if you see this shoot me a text if you want in! I figure if you dont want to bring your truck I know mine will be going and unless bryce decides to take care of that HPOP bolt before, I would assume he would be in.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:30 PM
JacksonJL
Junior User
Ken, that sounds like a great time. I could finally get my exhaust put on. That's my dad's birthday, so I'm not sure if I could make it or not, but I'll let you know.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:43 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Looks like we will have a few projects to do! This will be a great time for wrenching and getting projects done!

Jason, if you can't make it let me know. We can throw that exhaust on anytime.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:37 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
I'm just over Stevens Pass from you, neighbor - I hope to make the trip.

I have a small collection of goodies that I chose not to install on the truck, plus I have my AE netbook and Ford manuals to share for a day. That's guy-talk for "I'll bring a salad".

Old 03-31-2012, 07:37 AM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Good deal! Looking forward to having everyone over!

Old 03-31-2012, 10:54 AM
DavidE
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks

Thanks Ken for doing this. Will see if I can get down that way and will PM you for address if I can. David

Old 03-31-2012, 11:05 AM
bluescrew
Elder User
smoker fired up eh!!!! hmmmmmm, any camping spots available?

Old 03-31-2012, 12:21 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

I can park a rig or two on my property. Let me know what you have and I will see if I can make it work. I have RV service in two spots. No septic, but 30 AMP Power and Water.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:54 AM
bluescrew
Elder User
i have a tent! LOL! one day ill have a trailer. cabelas is opening soon too!

Quick Reply: Western Washington Tech Day April 28th