1995 F150 351W Build Thread - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

1995 F150 351W Build Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 06:21 AM
TexasGuy001
Post Fiend
TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Does anyone know what the Ford part number is for a stock replacement 1995 5.8 balancer?

I was also looking for a Ford Racing harmonic balancer, but can only find this one for a 5.0 with the incorrect 50 oz imbalance. I need one with 28 oz imbalance. Does Ford Racing make one?

I prefer not to get a generic one at the parts store, and am definitely not reusing the original old one. I was hoping to find one for well under 100 bucks. Most of what Summit has is more expensive.

Ford Racing M-6316-M50 - Ford Racing Crankshaft Damper Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com

It looks like this one is an option, but is close to being over my budget.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SCA-D-80006/

Old 04-02-2012, 08:18 PM
88dually
Elder User
88dually is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
hey guys, i found a cool thread on FSB, about a 5.0 an 5.8 efi cams, you may wanna check this out. Isky roller cam, almost flat lined from 2k-3700, over 410 tq
How to pick a CAMSHAFT for EFI - FSB Forums

scroll down til you see posts by guy named SWAT, an look at dd2k

Old 04-02-2012, 09:58 PM
jk89cat
Posting Guru
jk89cat is starting off with a positive reputation.
lets start here, 1st your 302 fuel rail may work, you will have to test fit, i do think your lines are going to be in different locations

ford racing used to offer value line balancer that was non sfi rated, those are however gone

heres there current offering
Ford Racing M-6316-C351 - Ford Racing Crankshaft Damper Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com

and you will need this as well

Ford Racing M-8510-C351 - Ford Racing Crankshaft Pulley Spacers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

a good roller chain is in order as well

Cloyes Gear C3057K - Cloyes Heavy-Duty Timing Sets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

i have that same cam,(comp) it so far works well, i have some small issues to iron out but it runs great, i have it set straight up no advance.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:04 PM
jk89cat
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by TexasGuy001 View Post
I'm still wanting to use the GT40 intake like the Lightning. I'd like to find out what all is really needed to install the intake. I know I will need different brackets like for the coil and TAD/TAB solenoids and so on I need to do that. They don't have to be Lightning ones. Will these brackets from a Fox Body or Crown Vic work? Maybe a 5.0 Explorer would have more suitable brackets.

part of the problem you are going to have is finding the intake, there are out there but expect to pay anywhere from 400-800 for a complete one. some of the 5.0 crowns and fox stangs brackets are close enough to work, however you will have to get a different throttle cable and cruise cable. i am running a edelbrock truck performer efi and i love it the size of the runners is huge

Old 04-02-2012, 10:05 PM
UNTAMND
Postmaster
UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.
the crossover hoses between left and right side will not reach
the fuel rail themselves will work from 302 to a 351, but youll need to cut the stiff plastic line between them and get new high pressure hose to connect them again. Ive done this many times, works just fine

Old 04-03-2012, 02:15 AM
TexasGuy001
Post Fiend
TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by jk89cat View Post
lets start here, 1st your 302 fuel rail may work, you will have to test fit, i do think your lines are going to be in different locations

ford racing used to offer value line balancer that was non sfi rated, those are however gone

heres there current offering
Ford Racing M-6316-C351 - Ford Racing Crankshaft Damper Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com

and you will need this as well

Ford Racing M-8510-C351 - Ford Racing Crankshaft Pulley Spacers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

a good roller chain is in order as well

Cloyes Gear C3057K - Cloyes Heavy-Duty Timing Sets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

i have that same cam,(comp) it so far works well, i have some small issues to iron out but it runs great, i have it set straight up no advance.
Thanks for the info. I'm taking down these in my notes.

I can't afford almost $300 for a harmonic balancer. Does Motorcraft make a stock one?

I was definitely going to use with a double roller timing chain. Is Cloyes the one your using?

Thats cool that you have the same camshaft.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:20 AM
TexasGuy001
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jk89cat View Post
part of the problem you are going to have is finding the intake, there are out there but expect to pay anywhere from 400-800 for a complete one. some of the 5.0 crowns and fox stangs brackets are close enough to work, however you will have to get a different throttle cable and cruise cable. i am running a edelbrock truck performer efi and i love it the size of the runners is huge
I have considered the Edelbrock truck intake, but really want the Lightning one. Call me crazy, but I just don't like seeing "Edelbrock" in huge lettering as the first thing that gets your attention under the hood. Maybe I could make a cool "5.8 HO" plaque to cover it up. I usually take my 65 Mustang to the local cruise nights and things like that. I sometimes take my truck. I think it would be that much cooler when I can actually pop the hood on it and it had the Lightning intake on it. I know that the GT40 intakes aren't exactly inexpensive.

I guess for the Edelbrock is a good deal at about $600. I might be able to find one that someone never used. It would be easier to use set it all up too, with my stock brackets etc. Are you using the stock throttle body on yours? Anyone know what the access plate on the side is for, maybe cleaning it out? I also noticed that it doesn't have the provision for the PCV valve hose. What did you do about that?

Edelbrock 3881 - Edelbrock Performer Truck 5.8 EFI Intake Manifolds - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Old 04-03-2012, 02:21 AM
TexasGuy001
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by UNTAMND View Post
the crossover hoses between left and right side will not reach
the fuel rail themselves will work from 302 to a 351, but youll need to cut the stiff plastic line between them and get new high pressure hose to connect them again. Ive done this many times, works just fine
Ah, I see what your saying. What did you use to connect the new hose back to them?

Old 04-03-2012, 02:47 AM
TexasGuy001
Post Fiend
I saw a couple pictures on FSB. It looks like that Edelbrock intake is kinda tall, but he also has some other type of motor mounts. How tall is it on your truck?

Old 04-03-2012, 05:40 AM
88dually
Elder User
Texas, try Nloc, corrral an fsb classified's for the lightning intake.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Edgethis
Postmaster
Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.
Subscribed, this is a great build. As soon as I get done throwing money at my 68 Mustang, I plan to rebuild teh Broncos engine.

I know you mentioned JBA headers but here's some pacesetter LTs in the classifieds. I have them on the Zebra and they fit perfect.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-with-egr.html

Old 04-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Conanski
Post Fiend
Conanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TexasGuy001 View Post
I guess for the Edelbrock is a good deal at about $600.
Well.. that's twice the price of a ProProducts Typhoon. The exterior of the Typhoon isn't as pretty as the Edelbrock intakes but that doesn't affect internal airflow. Also note that since the Edelbrock truck intake is taller than stock the OEM EGR tube won't reach. If you use a Typhoo or GT40/ Lightning intake this isn't an issue because those intakes use internal EGR routing.

You don't need another balancer, the tone ring mounted behind it doesn't affect anything.

The factory roller motors came with a steel distributor drive gear.

You can also just ignore the knock sensor meaning just leave the connector hanging without a sensor plugged in.

P.S. This is where i bought my Typhoon..
http://www.blueovalindustries.com/en...95/en5015.html

Old 04-03-2012, 10:25 AM
88dually
Elder User
Whatts better, a single 70mm tb or dual 51mm ?

Old 04-03-2012, 11:15 AM
jk89cat
Posting Guru
texas, i am using the bbk dual 61 mm t/b on mine, my egr tube fit just fine btw

Old 04-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Conanski
Post Fiend
Conanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant futureConanski has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 88dually View Post
Whatts better, a single 70mm tb or dual 51mm ?
Dual 51s have more surface area.. roughly equavelent to a single 72mm. Either of these will support over 400hp if everything else is up to the task.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1995 F150 351W Build Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.