1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Bad news...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Ford4Life7.3
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by richdawg
My first thought was I was sad for you that your parents made you turn it in to insurance. I wouldn't have, but thinking about it I really think they did the best thing for you. Now I don't think you screwed up real bad but I think most of the time this type of thing can be avoided and usually is just a learning experience. Young drivers have a tendency to think they are invincible and it couldn't happen to them. Don't even ask how I know this. It's real easy for a parent to think their children can to no wrong, I know that because my parents were like that, and I was too with my children. This is hindsight for me but myself and my siblings and my children would have learned sooner from their mistakes if we had been held more accountable, instead of letting mom and dad bail them out of their problems. With you having to pay a little more for insurance will most likely be better for you in the long run, it will teach you that you are responsible for your actions. Its called tough love and most of the time it works. Count your blessings that no one was injured and it wasn't another car that you hit. I''m truly sorry about you situation but this could become a very positive experience for you if you let it, you are very young and can learn a lot from this experience. Please don't take this as a lecture I am only sharing some things I have learned.
Basically what they said to a T richdawg. And it looks like it will work out like we thought. Thanks bud!

Old 03-20-2012, 08:19 PM
bryanlindborg600
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first thought was I was sad for you that your parents made you turn it in to insurance. I wouldn't have, but thinking about it I really think they did the best thing for you. Now I don't think you screwed up real bad but I think most of the time this type of thing can be avoided and usually is just a learning experience. Young drivers have a tendency to think they are invincible and it couldn't happen to them. Don't even ask how I know this. It's real easy for a parent to think their children can to no wrong, I know that because my parents were like that, and I was too with my children. This is hindsight for me but myself and my siblings and my children would have learned sooner from their mistakes if we had been held more accountable, instead of letting mom and dad bail them out of their problems. With you having to pay a little more for insurance will most likely be better for you in the long run, it will teach you that you are responsible for your actions. Its called tough love and most of the time it works. Count your blessings that no one was injured and it wasn't another car that you hit. I''m truly sorry about you situation but this could become a very positive experience for you if you let it, you are very young and can learn a lot from this experience. Please don't take this as a lecture I am only sharing some things I have learned.
Another reason why this site keeps me coming back.. Good people, Good knowledge

Old 03-20-2012, 08:30 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
My first thought was I was sad for you that your parents made you turn it in to insurance. I wouldn't have, but thinking about it I really think they did the best thing for you. Now I don't think you screwed up real bad but I think most of the time this type of thing can be avoided and usually is just a learning experience. Young drivers have a tendency to think they are invincible and it couldn't happen to them. Don't even ask how I know this. It's real easy for a parent to think their children can to no wrong, I know that because my parents were like that, and I was too with my children. This is hindsight for me but myself and my siblings and my children would have learned sooner from their mistakes if we had been held more accountable, instead of letting mom and dad bail them out of their problems. With you having to pay a little more for insurance will most likely be better for you in the long run, it will teach you that you are responsible for your actions. Its called tough love and most of the time it works. Count your blessings that no one was injured and it wasn't another car that you hit. I''m truly sorry about you situation but this could become a very positive experience for you if
you let it, you are very young and can learn a lot from this experience. Please
don't take this as a lecture I am only sharing some things I have learned.
The wise man has spoken

Old 04-01-2012, 12:39 AM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
I am glad it is working out for you.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:02 AM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Holy crap it's Sam

Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 AM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by fordpride
Holy crap it's Sam
Yes, it's me. I finally sat down and logged into FTE. Sure miss all you guys

Old 04-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Ford4Life7.3
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Sam! Yeah, everything is settled now. Only thing I'm dealing with is higher insurance lol. Thank God I hadn't had a drink with the boys at the ranch that night or I'd be in a pickle! Goes to show, alcohol+driving= no good

Old 04-01-2012, 04:23 PM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
Rob, that would have been bad alright. Again, glad to hear you are ok.