UPDATED: w/Pictures 33's on Stock FORD rims (Bought some!) - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Reload this Page >

UPDATED: w/Pictures 33's on Stock FORD rims (Bought some!)

Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

UPDATED: w/Pictures 33's on Stock FORD rims (Bought some!)

 
  #46  
Old 03-16-2012, 11:13 PM
minnesotafisherman's Avatar
minnesotafisherman
minnesotafisherman is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 1,113
minnesotafisherman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Nickk97tml View Post
Thats what im talking bout!!! looking sexy! dam. annnnd you got 5 of em, good deal.
Hell yeah! Sits a little higher with the 33's.. it looks awesome.

Already got some compliments on the new look today... Despite the rusty-ness of my truck
 
  #47  
Old 03-17-2012, 12:18 AM
TexasGuy001's Avatar
TexasGuy001
TexasGuy001 is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 10,847
TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.
It looks very good now. I wouldn't say any of those tires are in very good condition though. There is too much dry rot cracking. Just curious. What's the date code?
 
  #48  
Old 03-17-2012, 09:29 AM
turnkyle
turnkyle is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Heber, UT
Posts: 575
turnkyle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Make sure you keep an eye on your brake lines up front. Sometimes the 33's will rub on them and if you don't notice you will go to hit your brakes one day and bam nothing. Looks good.
 
  #49  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:22 AM
minnesotafisherman's Avatar
minnesotafisherman
minnesotafisherman is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 1,113
minnesotafisherman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by TexasGuy001 View Post
It looks very good now. I wouldn't say any of those tires are in very good condition though. There is too much dry rot cracking. Just curious. What's the date code?
Thanks!

Yeah they have weather checking, a little worn too. They'll be fine as a summer set for now. Had them all balanced before they were mounted and no shaking driving on the highway 70 MPH.

The date code is 09/91.

Originally Posted by turnkyle View Post
Make sure you keep an eye on your brake lines up front. Sometimes the 33's will rub on them and if you don't notice you will go to hit your brakes one day and bam nothing. Looks good.
Thanks!

And I'll keep an eye on that, already thinking about getting new brakes front and rear, maybe I'll replace the brake lines as well.
 
  #50  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:33 AM
turnkyle
turnkyle is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Heber, UT
Posts: 575
turnkyle is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you do replace the lines I would recommend getting some stainless steel braid lines, that way if you do rub one it won't hurt it. I've only had issues with them rubbing when you make a sharp turn.
 
  #51  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:41 AM
mtpockets20
mtpockets20 is offline
Freshman User
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 28
mtpockets20 is starting off with a positive reputation.
truck looks great
 
  #52  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:54 AM
minnesotafisherman's Avatar
minnesotafisherman
minnesotafisherman is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 1,113
minnesotafisherman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by turnkyle View Post
If you do replace the lines I would recommend getting some stainless steel braid lines, that way if you do rub one it won't hurt it. I've only had issues with them rubbing when you make a sharp turn.
Yep that's the plan. Same here, they only rub on sharp turns. They were rubbing on the front bumper, but I spaced it out to fix that.

Originally Posted by mtpockets20 View Post
truck looks great
Thanks!
 
  #53  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:12 AM
92 Black Nite's Avatar
92 Black Nite
92 Black Nite is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Coatesville ,PA.
Posts: 295
92 Black Nite is starting off with a positive reputation.
I do like the look and stance with 33's. Your truck " Rusty " looks great with 'em. I did have 33's on mine for a while . The guy's have the tire and wheel fitment issue covered. I have an E4od Tranny in truck , I reset my PSOM constant because it was going in and out of OD too much. Even doing that it was only a little better. I just did not like the way it shifted, add to that I have ta 3:55 gear set so for me it was not a great ride.
IMO, 33's work better with a 5 sp. But everyone has different opinion's. I do agree with you and all the guy's those sneaker's do look great , just my 2cents. '92
 
  #54  
Old 03-17-2012, 07:43 PM
minnesotafisherman's Avatar
minnesotafisherman
minnesotafisherman is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 1,113
minnesotafisherman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 92 Black Nite View Post
I do like the look and stance with 33's. Your truck " Rusty " looks great with 'em. I did have 33's on mine for a while . The guy's have the tire and wheel fitment issue covered. I have an E4od Tranny in truck , I reset my PSOM constant because it was going in and out of OD too much. Even doing that it was only a little better. I just did not like the way it shifted, add to that I have ta 3:55 gear set so for me it was not a great ride.
IMO, 33's work better with a 5 sp. But everyone has different opinion's. I do agree with you and all the guy's those sneaker's do look great , just my 2cents. '92
Hey thanks a lot for the compliment!

I have an AOD in my '92.. with 3:55's. Haven't reset the PSOM, and I don't think I'm going to. I seem to keep up with other drivers going the speed limit and didn't seem to affect the shifting much.

The before pictures were of the truck LAST summer with the 31x10.5x15's on, but I had the 235/75/15 winter tires on and had just went from those to these 33's. I test drove it right after I had the 33's mounted and I was surprised at how little it changed anything. It still feels like the 235's are mounted on the truck... And I was expecting for it to be bog down pretty bad on acceleration but that isn't the case.

Maybe it's because I don't have the added weight of the front TTB axle, transfer case, etc. that 4x4's have
 
  #55  
Old 03-20-2012, 01:29 PM
White Max's Avatar
White Max
White Max is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Imperial, MO
Posts: 948
White Max has a good reputation on FTE.White Max has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by minnesotafisherman View Post
Yeah they have weather checking, a little worn too. They'll be fine as a summer set for now. Had them all balanced before they were mounted and no shaking driving on the highway 70 MPH.

The date code is 09/91.
Be cautious with those on the highway. I'd be more than leery of a blowout. It's typically recommended to replace any tire that is over 6 years old...10 years tops. You're riding around on tires that are nearly of legal drinking age and are older than your truck. Just be careful.
 
  #56  
Old 03-20-2012, 01:58 PM
caleb_ford
caleb_ford is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 69
caleb_ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
my 88 F150 with the 1 ton coils springs up front and 3/4 leaf springs in the back ran 33/12.50/15 BFG's on stock aluminum wheels and never once rubbed even at full lock. The wheels came off a 70's model big bronco and were pretty rare but they worked flawlessly
 
  #57  
Old 03-20-2012, 04:41 PM
minnesotafisherman's Avatar
minnesotafisherman
minnesotafisherman is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 1,113
minnesotafisherman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by White Max View Post
Be cautious with those on the highway. I'd be more than leery of a blowout. It's typically recommended to replace any tire that is over 6 years old...10 years tops. You're riding around on tires that are nearly of legal drinking age and are older than your truck. Just be careful.
Oops, the 09/91 date code is when my truck was made.

Not sure how old the tires are, I would imagine a few years but highly doubt they're over 6.

EDIT: the date code of the TIRES is the 9th week of 2009.
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Tiptonite
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
0
04-21-2016 06:08 PM
CaptainJack_7
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
4
04-18-2016 06:34 PM
skyfox10
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
18
04-09-2010 06:14 AM
MisterCMK
Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator
0
04-18-2007 11:25 AM
rebocardo
Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels
5
10-07-2002 02:13 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UPDATED: w/Pictures 33's on Stock FORD rims (Bought some!)


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.