Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 892504x4

The crazy neighbor thread!! Add yours!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:01 PM
2000 Shorty DWR
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Living in the same place for 30+ years, we've had several 'interesting' neighbors. More than I care to admit. For about 15 years things were nice but then the crazies from the city came looking for the peace and quiet in the country.

There was the guy that lived 3 doors up at the top of the hill. Summer time, mama and I sitting outside having a cold one. We can hear a fast moving vehicle coming up the hill, the neighbors truck goes by the house about 80mph, followed shortly by 4 county sheriffs. Hear the truck screech to a stop in front of the guys house and just moments later hear the unmistakable sound of gunfire, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop. Needless to say, we hit the deck...and fast. The guy lived but he was hit 4 times. About a month before that, the guy took out our mailbox with his truck and sped off. Went to his house the next day and said WTH? He did come down and replace it that day.

Then there was the family that moved in next door down the hill. Mom, pop and 5 kids. The guy was a real winner. Would come pulling into his driveway every day honking his horn announcing his arrival. Heard him time and time again berating his wife and kids at the top of his lungs. Caught them on our property one day, they said they were looking for their property line. Ok..... but on the other side of mine? Did a happy dance when they moved.

About the same time the house next door up the hill sold. Unfortunately these people still live there. We call her 'the Grandma'. Kudos to her for raising her 2 teenage grandsons while mom was in prison. But now we call her place 'The Compound'. Right now there are 2 travel trailers, a motorhome and a tent in her front yard with people living in all of them. At 1 point we counted 8 dead vehicles in her front yard. She had this damn standard poodle that barked if it heard itself fart. Last summer had the county sheriff come by and asked if we knew someone who live there. Couldn't help him. Those people are not people I want to associate with.

And then there are the hoarders up the hill from us. I think they wait until dark to bring in the crap to 'decorate' their yard........They bought our old hot tub from us 5 years ago and it's still sitting in their yard near the road.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:34 PM
SasquatchZilla
Laughing Gas
I would've really like to put some diesel in the kids gas tank or naptha in his oil, but they always kept the darn thing locked up when he wasn't making our property sound like a moto cross track. I've lived in lots of areas and oregon has some fantastic ohv areas just a stones throw from here. If I had a dirt bike I'd sure be hitting those trails. But the kids dad is to much of a dead beat to take him out there. They have a boring yard and the only thing you can do on an atv is circle the track. I'm hoping in a few years when he turns 18 he'll scram. His dad may be a Dbag, but at least he's quiet.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by SasquatchZilla
I would've really like to put some diesel in the kids gas tank or naptha in his oil, but they always kept the darn thing locked up when he wasn't making our property sound like a moto cross track. I've lived in lots of areas and oregon has some fantastic ohv areas just a stones throw from here. If I had a dirt bike I'd sure be hitting those trails. But the kids dad is to much of a dead beat to take him out there. They have a boring yard and the only thing you can do on an atv is circle the track. I'm hoping in a few years when he turns 18 he'll scram. His dad may be a Dbag, but at least he's quiet.
People who ride ATVs and dirt bikes through neighborhoods should be shot. We had some idiot kids renting a place down the road in Walterville, they constantly rode their noisy azz toys up and down the county road at all hours, no amount of "persuasion" had any effect on their limited intellect.........One huddle with the retired OSP trooper and Springfield PD officer, a single call to the landlord, and the hat on sideways, tattooed, noisemaker Dbags were history.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 PM
nuckls
New User
Well I will be dipped in owl****. sense he couldnt get his two POOPILES running he brought two more worse poopiles. Looks like a bowtie grave yard next door.Sense he likes to haxsaw his mufflers off guess when it warms up I will ride my Harley to work.I go to work at 3.30am.Ha I run headers only on it.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:48 PM
dchamberlain
Lead Driver

Received 664 Likes on 424 Posts
My neighbors aren't crazy. In fact they're very nice people who adopted a number of kids from overseas and gave them a decent life, etc.

However, they're really starting to **** me off. They have to two little girls in the pictures below living there now. They're two of a litter that one of their ranch dogs had and they brought them into town where it's "safer."

The problem is the puppies go right through the fence. They run around, play in the road, etc. No one over there pays much attention to them. They're gone all day and usually all weekend (which is early Friday to late Sunday). When they leave for the weekend they just leave one full bowl of food that's gone by Saturday morning so they don't have any food Saturday or Sunday. And they're water freezes so they don't have water either.

So they come over to my house, cause I'm here, and I pay attention to them and my 8 month old Border Collie likes to play with them. I think they spend more time outside my fence than the do at home. They were even sleeping just outside my back fence the other day, cause no one was home.

I've never understood why people get animals and then don't seem to give a damn about them. They own a huge ranch, I'd think they could come up with the materials to fix a fence so that they're puppies aren't playing in the road. And why do you want dogs you aren't paying any attention to anyway?

Sometimes people just **** me off.

Attached Images    
Old 03-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 3,992 Likes on 1,229 Posts
I can see an awful lot of mischief in those pic's!

Old 03-02-2012, 10:33 PM
dchamberlain
Lead Driver

Received 664 Likes on 424 Posts
Yeah you get them and my 8 month old and it's mayhem.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Myfreeford
Senior User
Neighbors on one side - very nice - no problems.
Neighbor on the other side - no issues - he is just "odd".
House across the street - nice family.
House diagonal left - single mom w/2 future "rehabilitation opportunities"
House diagonal right - pretty sure it is a drug house. Lots of Honda's and other Uncle Ben favorites go thru there - sounds like a weedeater convention when there is more than two of them.

Neighbor behind us - not a huge problem, but they have a pitbull that bashed his head thru one of our fence boards and tried to come after my wife. Since we called the animal control, they have not left it outside alone at all. I am not a violent person; however, if it ever comes after my family, my pets or me, I will kill it.

Neighbor 6 houses down - kid lived with parents - 18-20 years old. Drove a Mustang GT - maybe mid/late 90's. He would stomp on it when he came by our house - a 25mph speed limit and he was hitting 50-60 mph. I have yelled for him to slow down and finally stopped at his house one day, told him I have provided his name, address, vehicle, make, model and license plates to the sheriff's office. He did not seemed concerned. So, I saw him come barrelling down our street one afternoon while I was sitting in my truck in the driveway...I quickly put it in gear and pulled across in the street. He slammed on his brakes, swerved, drove over the curb on the sidewalk and kept going. He never drove fast past my house again. A few months later, his family lost their home in a foreclosure. It is sad to see that happen to anyone, but I was glad he was finally gone. I think Karma moved into his life.

And, speaking of horrible neighbors...
For those who have neighbors with a very nice yard - nice lush, green lawn and well kept plants/shrubs...and the home owner is an absolute a$$, you might find this useful. Take an ice tray (one you will never use for making icecubes again) and fill it with Round-up weed and grass killer. On a hot day, pop one or two over into the neighbors lawn. (See where I am going with this?) It melts quickly and will have the home owner absolutely baffled and perplexed. I have a friend who did this and the results were priceless. His neighbor had a lawn company come out to find out what was killing the grass, tried treating it, etc. And they could not fix the problem. It is mean, but it is a great way to get back at that ******* of a neighbor.