Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 892504x4

The crazy neighbor thread!! Add yours!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 07:03 PM
SasquatchZilla
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The crazy neighbor thread!! Add yours!

I had a family get together the other day and the topic of my crazy neighbor came up. This also links to a crazy relative too, but I'll get to that.

I'll try and make this short because it's a really long story.

Crazy neighbor has a crazy kid that was trespassing and tearing up our gravel drive. Said neighbor has had issues with my FIL and MIL since he's lived there. Not to knock city folk, but there's different rules in the country than the city and he don't know them.

Well the kid tore up our gravel drive with his dirt bike and then invited my wife's nephew on his 4 wheeler to do the same. Her cousin briefly occupied our house about a decade ago when the family tried to do a home swap with them until he sold the house (not ours) out from under them. Hence the crazy neighbor's kid knows her cousin and his kids. best buds. Guess crazy sticks together. Anyways all the driveway carnage happened when the kids dad was out of town. I couldn't find the brat to tell him to stay off, so I blocked the area they were using as an access point and swore to either call the cops next time, or talk to his father. I'd heard stories about the kids dad, but try not to pre judge so I can see things with fresh eyes. All this happened on a sunday and I was going to take care of it on Monday. Pulling into the drive on monday after work the Nutcase father stopped me and tried to confront ME about telling his kid to stay off MY property. My drive is quite long and there's an easement off of it for my other neighbor and he was under the impression it was a public rd and I couldn't tell the little ***** to stay off. Of course this is BS and he well knows it's private. The guy, a little twerp looks like he's near death anyways kind of like the gollam(?) character from Lord of the Rings. made sure he stayed on his side of the property line and just and inch or so out of punching distance. I've dealt with his likes and know better than to be the initiator of violence, but I'd be lying if I didn't want to punch his face in. But I got my point across about staying off the property even as he continued to try and argue.

After about a day he apparently called my wife's cousin and complained about not getting access to our property vis a vis the river as well. Because I believe what they really want is river access and don't give a damn about those that live on the river. I'm more than happy to let friends and neighbors down here etc etc as long as your polite and respectful. So, the crazy cousin called and said I should be "nice" to this guy and that if I'm not he can turn us into the epa, because my FIL apparently made some mods to the septic system that's not legal.But I've heard all sorts of stories about what my FIL did on the property, but unless I tear it apart and verify it's just a story in my opinion.

Well, if you know easement then you know that the law states you can't block access to your neighbors property etc etc. But I did talk to the him and was ok with banning the kid. Then his bloody heart wife butted in and allowed the kid access to the river via their property and defacto letting him back on the drive. Told her I wasn't happy at all, but it's the law and asked if she could at least ban him from driving atvs on the drive and she agreed.

Fast forward 6 months and all has been quiet on the front with the exception of a few dirty looks from the crazy. I came home early one friday to work on the property and saw a red dodge dakota race down the drive. I saw who it was and wasn't happy, but the agreement was no ATVs. A half hour later the kid goes racing up the drive, so he had to ride it down, on his bike. No helmet, jacket and in shorts going wot up the drive! At that point I'd had it, called the neighbor and told him what'd happened and his wife went and talked to the nutcase and kicked him off permanently from the property! Woho!

Thought that'd be the end... nope..

He cussed out my neighbor's wife and called her the unmentionable C word and called the epa on us ( her husband didn't do anything about that btw). So the county epa came out, we told her that the complaint was bogus and why it was made and that nothing was wrong, she did a quick look and left. We talked to her and although there's nothing we can do to find out who made the complaint and couldn't file a counter complaint etc she did send a letter to the complaintant stating no further investigations about the matter would take place.

Phew! I know long story and loads of drama.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Neighbors.............You should try living in eugene, these people have NO consideration for anyone but themselves. The guy across the street run a const. business out of his garage, expect power tools at 6:30am, the creepy, dope smoking, bass thumping, college kids renting the 5bdrm place next door, weird people singing while riding by on bikes at all hours, bums going thru the trash (or the back of your truck), people walking their dogs so they can crap in your yard instead of theirs, and a eugene favorite of mine.........anything you leave in your driveway, or back of your truck for more than 15 min., seems to be considered "community property" to be "shared" by your neighbors. I had to stop a guy on a bike from grabbing a 50ft hose from the back of my truck, "I thought it was free".......uh, no pal. The lawnmower, left on the lawn next to the curb long enough to go in and grab a cold one, a woman in a ratty subaru wagon slams on the brakes, and bolts for it..........."It's free right?"......uh, NO! YOU RELIC FROM WOODSTOCK!..........This is just a sample.

Eugene neighbors, can't live with em, and ya' can't shoot em'!

Old 02-26-2012, 10:41 PM
The Woodhauler
Senior User
Neighborhood politics is brutal. We have a neighborhood association, If you want real drama go to one of their board meetings. All the ****** in the sub division stay pretty busy telling each other what they should do, fist fights have broken out. One guy got so pissed that when he started jumping up and down his wooden leg fell off and he fell into a bunch of chairs. In the past they have been kicked out of a few meeting rooms in town for misconduct.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:29 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Boy do I feel blessed............Most of the last 40 years I've lived out in the "boonies" on farms and ranches with the nearest neighbors MILES away. Not much draw for "crazies" out here. Now, crazy relatives I could fill a large book with..................lol

I do have one story though. About 25 years ago we lived in Pendleton down a short dead end gravel road and people would come down and find the dead end and back into my driveway to turn around. They would then take off fast and throw gravel all over my yard which would then be thrown against my house when the wife mowed the grass. I welded some very large nails crosswise onto some heavy logging chain. When I left for work in the morning I'd put the chain across my driveway and padlock it in place. I put a large 4'X4' painted warning sign on the side of the driveway. The first one to screw up was the local police.........They came screaming down the road looking for a "suspect" and backed into my driveway when they figured out the road was a dead end. Flattened all four tires on the cop car.................The Chief and I had a good laugh over it, and he chewed out the officer that did it...................lol

Old 02-27-2012, 09:01 AM
892504x4
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts
I have lived in a duplex for 12 years I'm not going to talk about crazy neighbors.......

Old 02-27-2012, 09:04 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Oh, come on Chris! You MUST have some good stories..................lol

Old 02-27-2012, 09:14 AM
892504x4
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Oh, come on Chris! You MUST have some good stories..................lol
Too many with the duplex and managing apartments for a year that's all we could take.

Maybe I will have my wife tell some of the stories. (she is a better write the me)

Old 02-27-2012, 09:17 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
I use to own a property management company in Pendleton and had 62 units all over town. The stories I could tell.........................lol

Old 02-27-2012, 09:19 AM
892504x4
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by fabmandelux
I use to own a property management company in Pendleton and had 62 units all over town. The stories I could tell.........................lol
I could only imagine. The apartments was a toss up between tenants and upper management on which was a bigger pain.....

Old 02-27-2012, 09:24 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
All the houses and apartments were owned by out of state owners and weren't a problem. The tenants were a whole different story..........We also owned a part interest in a RV park where we lived, and that was a real can of worms...........

Old 02-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
The neighbors on one side of me own a landscaping business. They've called the house several times when our dogs were outside barking in the middle of the day. The dogs are a good 50-75 yards from the neighbors house.

Well I guess they don't consider that their employees show up and start driving down their driveway every day between 6 and 7, and their big landscaping trucks are going in and out all day long, and then the employees leave in the evening but sometimes there's still traffic going in and out of their driveway until 9 or 10 at night. (Maybe their drug dealers, not "landscapers")

Old 02-27-2012, 05:58 PM
bertha66
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a CRAZY lady across the alley when I lived in town. She had 3 video cameras pointed at my house and shop. And that was just the start. Cops at the house every time I went out there. Ended up in court because my 1969 radio/8tract was to loud. Did not like me working out there, in the day time, because I don't know why. It got worst until we sold out and moved. There was a LOT more to it, but would take a week to type out.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:36 PM
SasquatchZilla
Laughing Gas
I wish my crazy neighbor was the amusing one. I had a riding friend come down and check out my place and as he was turning around at the end of the gravel road, and had pulled away, the neighbor's crazy kid came rushing out of the house and watched him ride off. I saw this from the rear view mirror as I was loading stuff up in my truck.

I talked with the missus the other day about maybe in the near future (10yrs or so) about selling this place and maybe getting a place that's a tad more private.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:11 PM
kythri
Mountain Pass
Whereabouts Brownsville are you at? I grew up in Halsey...

Old 02-29-2012, 07:33 PM
SasquatchZilla
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by kythri
Whereabouts Brownsville are you at? I grew up in Halsey...
I say Brownsville, but our address is technically shedd. I live in the Powell Hills loop rd area right near Brownsville. My mil has a house she rents in Halsey and my wife grew up in Albany, Halsey and here in the Brownsville area. I'm a wanderer and ended up in this area when we decided to move back when her father died. I'm liking it so far, except I'd like a little more privacy at our property.

Quick Reply: The crazy neighbor thread!! Add yours!