Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 01:44 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Sand_Man
I don't know about that.
2001 ford f-350 flatbed

just let me know how many examples you'd like.
it took me 2 minutes to find that cheap dually v10 in CA with low miles.
if you think someday they will become valuable collector trucks selling on Barret Jackson for multi thousands 20-30 yrs from now like the cars your mentioned.have 'em.you'll have loads of opportunities.good luck with that.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Sand_Man
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, might wanta switch to decaf. First of all, nobody in their right mind thinks any truck is ever going to be collectable. What I meant was mass hysteria that gas is going to be so unaffordable that you better dump any vehicle is dumb. It's dumb now, it was dumb 40 years ago and it'll be dumb 40 years from now. I bought a truck that I wanted, in the package I wanted, with all the options I wanted. That meant a Lariat crew cab with a V10. I had already been through $5 a gallon gas and knew full well it would someday be back there, and I knew what these things got for mileage. Please accept and understand the fact that not everyone wants a work truck with utility boxes and cloth seats. I searched for months to find mine, I didn't just jump on the first ex-fleet vehicle with a for sale sign on it. Yes there are V10's for sale, as there are diesels. People buy trucks, people sell trucks, nothing new here. But thinking you're gonna be able to steal a gas truck for way under blue book because gas went up 60 cents a gallon is a touch unrealistic. BTW, my "energy robbing" V10 only gets about 4 less MPG's than my Dad's 6.7 Cummins and only about 2 mpg less than the 6.4 Fords we have at work, factor in the 30-40 cents a gallon more that diesel costs and it's not worth mentioning. Big trucks cost big money at the pump, regardless of what anyone thinks.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:20 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
haha.sorry about that.that reads much differently than i indented it to.sometimes i have poor internet "tone" to my words and it reads all wrong.
yeah,i agree with ya there.those who bought the KR's and decked out trucks,will be those much less affected by fuel prices and much less apt to be selling.it's the work trucks mainly i was speaking of that you will likely find nice prices on.
however,with such attractive prices on them now,it might be a bit hard to pass 'em up.after all,a feller can hit up salvage yards for leather seats etc. and bolt them in yourself.interior pieces swap right over.

ok.so finding a decked out one with no miles for fair price took a solid 3-5 mins this time since i had to be more precise.
here ya go:
1999 Ford F350 6.8L V10

no doubt,no one wants to be selling their trucks due to increased fuel prices.unfortunately however,some simply have no choice.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:39 PM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
no doubt,no one wants to be selling their trucks due to increased fuel prices.unfortunately however,some simply have no choice.
That last sentence is the problem too many have. They've overextended themselves. Put it this way a difference between gas at $3.50/gal and $5.00/gal would give me a difference of $144 per month if I commuted with my truck. I have my truck for a summer part time business and a pleasure vehicle. I have a fuel efficient old used car for commuting. Too many are so ashamed to not drive the latest and greatest, get over it. However, if $144/month would put someone so far over the edge they can no longer afford their vehicle they made an initial poor decision on buying that vehicle. Sorry but that's the cold hard truth. Yes trucks are cool, functional, man toys, etc.... but this comes at a price. I can't say I feel bad for people who have to sell because they are overextended. They are the ones who decided to sign the dotted line. I think too many people hear the line "Great news! You were approved for financing!" and take that as "oh great i can afford that vehicle". Sorry but if someone doesn't actually know their finances than that's their fault.......too cold? Sorry its just the truth. If you make $30k per year a $45k truck probably isn't a good choice.

Now when someone loses a job, yeah that stinks and I feel bad.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Sand_Man
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As usual, I agree with you. I believe it's always been that way with cars and trucks. Back in '01 my wife and I (mostly her) decided "we" needed an SUV. I hated it, but we bought one anyway, a 1997 Suburban. All we heard about from all our "expert" friends was how they knew someone who had one and they couldn't even afford to drive it, and we ought to get something smaller, etc. Gas was about $1.40 then, and by buying used, we paid about half of new. We also bought our house when they were affordable so we knew exactly what we could afford. Same with my V10 truck these days. Gas had been to $5 a gallon locally a year or so earlier, so I knew the potential for it happening again. But I sharpened my pencil, crunched the numbers and figured I could afford it. If not, I'll make adjustments somehow. That "adjustment" came yesterday with the purchase of the wife's new (used) Fusion. You gotta d what you gotta do sometimes.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:07 AM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts
You had a plan were able to adjust and then execute it. Too many can't even mentally get to that stage. My wife's car will be paid for in a couple years so I'm going to end up with a low mileage newer car and will be selling the "beater" Taurus. If all works well I won't be buying a new truck/car for 10 years! Houses and land are more important at this point of my life anyways!

Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 PM
CHANNELLOCK
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Y'all

Just joined. Not sure how to use this post. I was hoping to reply to a guy who was looking for a v10 f350 6.8 truck. I just got one less than a month ago. It's pretty much a fleet truck with standard 6 speed. No power windows or locks or seats...just a basic model....but it is 4 door and has 4x4. No carpet...lol. But it's a beast. I got it to pull a travel trailer, however, I'm not 100% I want to keep it. But, I have to admit...It is a Nice truck. I just added lights on top of the cab, and two sets of fog lights on the front. The cab lights on top are wired in with the parking light switch...as well with a set of amber lights on the grill. I have a seperate switch for the Gog lights that burn bright white. I don't drive the truck every day......it's more for just going out camping...it has about 61.K on it..and runs like a beauty without trouble. Man I swear you can feel the engine roaring under your feet. I'm not a hot rodder...but it's sure sounding like one even tho I'm shifting around 2500 rpm.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Jonstewart
New User
I have the one v10 6.8

I have a 2002 f350 v10 lariet dually with48000 miles on it .extended cab for sale need to get every day driver

Old 01-10-2017, 10:55 AM
bell-bell
New User
75,000 miles is low if you ask me. My husband has 680,00 on his 99 F-350 with a V-10. He drives this truck daily and he is a Maine logger. We have 3 V-10s and love every one of them. We have been looking for a V-10 long bed with a standard transmission but are having no luck. I cant believe that ford is not making standards anymore! Not even a special order...what is this world coming to!!!!!