Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford 460 EGR legel unplug, Increases mileage

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 04:07 PM
GNR22
Fabri-cobbler
Received 515 Likes on 340 Posts
Originally Posted by andym
Because the OP brought EGR on diesels into the thread in attempt to cover his BS with more BS.
And at this point, this thread is so deep with OP's BS, I had to go put my waiters on to trudge through this.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
dual egr's you get 2x the fuel mpg

Old 02-23-2012, 11:10 PM
lvin4jc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnite1987
But a true race car is not a commuter vehicle so they don't fall into the same category as far as the emissions go. The emission thing is to make the vehicle street legal . You try getting in the emissions pushing 7-800 Hp like in a NASCAR
Wow.

Does the ozone layer care whether it was the racecar or the street legal car that ruined it? You're so hung up on what the government wants from your vehicle that you can't see it in common sense terms as far as its actual affect.

One more time. The racecar with no egr is just as detrimental to air quality as a street legal car with no egr. The license plate doesn't affect how bad the emissions are.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:20 PM
kjgibson2
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lvin4jc33
Wow.

Does the ozone layer care whether it was the racecar or the street legal car that ruined it? You're so hung up on what the government wants from your vehicle that you can't see it in common sense terms as far as its actual affect.

One more time. The racecar with no egr is just as detrimental to air quality as a street legal car with no egr. The license plate doesn't affect how bad the emissions are.
where's the like button. And guys like i said, if you agree, try it, if you don't then don't worry about it, I picked up fuel mileage by unplugging it, that simple, whether or not you believe me is on you but if I drive 160 miles one way and 160 back and use about 26.6 gallons and then unplug my EGR and drive the same mileage on 25.6 then I would gain fuel mileage right? or is my calculator wrong? or maybe my odometer is playing a trick on me? or maybe its the fuel pumps at speedway?

Old 02-23-2012, 11:35 PM
GNR22
Fabri-cobbler
Wow.

Oh christ...here we go...the "ozone layer" has been depleting ever since anyone started taking records of it. The problem there is, that it was depleting long before we started using CFC's, and motor vehicles. The biosphere creates more CO2 than can be converted back into O2. The effects of this have been magnified since the earth doesn't move in a circular pattern around the sun, it moves elliptically. And the "2012 dooms day" when the Mayan calender just ends, is the day in this cycle in which the earth is closer than any other day until it cycles again. So in a way, you are correct, the ozone doesn't care whether your car is "street legal". But only we care about whether the air quality is suitable. Don't try to ask somebody about common sense, because it's not as common as everyone thinks.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
the ozone sux anyhow! to he// with it all!

Old 02-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow.

A race car that might run 5,000 miles a decade is a lot different then a car that runs 5,000 miles in 4 months.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:30 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by kjgibson2
where's the like button. And guys like i said, if you agree, try it, if you don't then don't worry about it, I picked up fuel mileage by unplugging it, that simple, whether or not you believe me is on you but if I drive 160 miles one way and 160 back and use about 26.6 gallons and then unplug my EGR and drive the same mileage on 25.6 then I would gain fuel mileage right? or is my calculator wrong? or maybe my odometer is playing a trick on me? or maybe its the fuel pumps at speedway?

Or maybe the wind is against you in one direction and not the other? Or one direction you gain altitude and lose it in the other? What are the variables? Do you get exactly the same mileage with it plugged or unplugged?

Old 02-24-2012, 04:52 AM
ewalt98
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GNR22
Oh christ...here we go...the "ozone layer" has been depleting ever since anyone started taking records of it. The problem there is, that it was depleting long before we started using CFC's, and motor vehicles. The biosphere creates more CO2 than can be converted back into O2. The effects of this have been magnified since the earth doesn't move in a circular pattern around the sun, it moves elliptically. And the "2012 dooms day" when the Mayan calender just ends, is the day in this cycle in which the earth is closer than any other day until it cycles again. So in a way, you are correct, the ozone doesn't care whether your car is "street legal". But only we care about whether the air quality is suitable. Don't try to ask somebody about common sense, because it's not as common as everyone thinks.
So common sense tells you that humans have no effect on their environment?

Old 02-24-2012, 07:46 AM
GNR22
Fabri-cobbler
Originally Posted by ewalt98
So common sense tells you that humans have no effect on their environment?
I didn't say that. But the environment has been deteriorating since long before the industrial revolution. But we're not the reason that the Ozone is deteriorating as quickly as it is. The biggest effect on the environment itself comes from the Earth, in the form of such things as ice ages. And this is the biggest gap between ice ages that we have any amount of evidence of. That being said, 99.9% of every organism that has ever lived on this planet is gone, extinct, dead. And human arrogance thinks we need to save every species that is going to become extinct. Sure we have had an impact on some species, such as the Tasmanian Tiger which was hunted to extinction in the early 1900s, but 1 species out of the billions that have roamed the planet? We're not making a big enough difference to matter. Eventually we will be extinct like the rest of the species and the earth will shake us off like a bad case of fleas. And all we will leave behind as evidence that we were here, is plastic.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Midnite1987
Cargo Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, this thread is all over the place.... First egr on gas motor then egr on diesel motor Then race cars and now the ozone layer.....
The OP was the first one in this thread that talked about removing the vacuum line off his egr so it doesn't function and you guys are raging on how we are bad for the environment and the racecar being bad thing but did anyone notice that the OP is doing what you guys are complaining about?? Removing/disabling the emissions controll on the vehicle

There are alot of variables
If you are only varying by about 1Gal anything as simple as if your driving behind a big truck or what the wind was like that day

Old 02-24-2012, 08:30 AM
jas88
Lead Driver

Received 356 Likes on 286 Posts
Because the OP brought EGR on diesels into the thread in attempt to cover his BS with more BS.
Oh, yeah, you are right. I didn't realize it was the OP that brought in the diesel stuff, I thought it was a thread hijack. Carry on.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:21 AM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by GNR22
Eventually we will be extinct like the rest of the species and the earth will shake us off like a bad case of fleas. And all we will leave behind as evidence that we were here, is plastic.
Looks like George Carlin is speaking from the grave.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:49 AM
bobbyjo9
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont forget to throw in a few Robin Williams quotes!! hahahahaahaha

Old 02-24-2012, 10:13 AM
GNR22
Fabri-cobbler
Originally Posted by andym
Looks like George Carlin is speaking from the grave.
I had hoped somebody would get the reference!

Quick Reply: Ford 460 EGR legel unplug, Increases mileage