Inline 6 vacuum lines arrangement - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Inline 6 vacuum lines arrangement

Old 02-13-2012, 01:12 PM
blkgolfer1
Freshman User
blkgolfer1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Inline 6 vacuum lines arrangement

I just bought a 1986 F150 with a single barrel carburator that does run but there are a number of vacuum lines and breather lines from the valve cover that I am trying to figure out the correct arrangement. The air cleaner was in the cab and not installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 02-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Grubbworm
Postmaster
Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.
I have some pictures of the decals on my truck, that might help some.

Name:  100_0116.jpg
Views: 6708
Size:  108.1 KB

Name:  100_0117.jpg
Views: 8079
Size:  117.6 KB

I'm sure someone else will chime in in a minute.
Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:26 PM
blkgolfer1
Freshman User
Thanks!

Thanks Dave and it is great to be here. Lots of good stuff available!

Old 02-13-2012, 01:53 PM
blkgolfer1
Freshman User
Great pictures of your restoration! How did you know where all the vac lines and hoses from the valve cover had to be arranged? I did download a couple of your engine pictures that should help me somewhat.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Grubbworm
Postmaster
Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by blkgolfer1 View Post
Great pictures of your restoration! How did you know where all the vac lines and hoses from the valve cover had to be arranged? I did download a couple of your engine pictures that should help me somewhat.

I bought the truck new, and have maintained the mechanicals. I have only semi maintained the body through the years, which is why I am doing a kind of restoration on it now. If you need more pictures just let me know.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:09 PM
blkgolfer1
Freshman User
A quick picture of the engine without the air cleaner so I can see where all the lines route and are connected would be absolutely wonderful!!

Old 02-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Grubbworm
Postmaster
I have more pictures here;
My 1985 Ford F150 4x2 pictures by Grubbworm_photos - Photobucket
Some of these might work for you. If not, just let me know.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:15 PM
blkgolfer1
Freshman User
Thanks! I downloaded 452 and some of the others on either side of that one. Thanks again.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Galendor
Posting Guru
Galendor has a good reputation on FTE.Galendor has a good reputation on FTE.Galendor has a good reputation on FTE.
My truck should be similar to yours, here's what I have that might help:

Here's a link to a discussion that could help with carb hookups and such: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...0-6-300-a.html

And some pics:

Old 02-14-2012, 05:57 AM
blkgolfer1
Freshman User
Thank you, that is a great picture! I assume there is a computer that controls all the electronics attached to the carburetor. Any idea where it is located and if the system can be modified to an older version with a different distributor and carb? I do not have an emission test to pass but would like the information to go low-tech if at all possible.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:16 PM
whisler
Elder User
whisler is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.whisler is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Do a search for Duraspark II conversion or feedback carb conversion. There is lots of good info here.

I'll start you out with a couple that I bookmarked.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...-86-i-6-a.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...on-how-to.html

Hope this helps!!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Galendor
Posting Guru
Galendor has a good reputation on FTE.Galendor has a good reputation on FTE.Galendor has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by blkgolfer1 View Post
I assume there is a computer that controls all the electronics attached to the carburetor. Any idea where it is located and if the system can be modified to an older version with a different distributor and carb? I do not have an emission test to pass but would like the information to go low-tech if at all possible.
Yes, computer controlled ignition and carb components. Computer is located under the dash, beside the gas pedal.

Yes system can be modified to an older version. It is called a Duraspark II conversion or "DSII conversion".

For more info, go to the top of this forum and look under the thread entitled "80-86 Tech Tips". Find DSII conversion and put on your reading glasses for a long, informative display of information on this.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:57 AM
blkgolfer1
Freshman User
Thanks that was exactly what I needed.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:57 AM
blkgolfer1
Freshman User
Thanks that was exactly what I needed. I printed off quite a bit of the information for reference.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Ford F150 owner
New User
Ford F150 owner is starting off with a positive reputation.
1985 ford f150 carburetor vacuum lines

I need to find out where the carburetor vacuum lines go on my 1985 Ford F150 300 straight 6 with a/c automatic transmission single barrel carburetor with single gas tank.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.