6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Entry keypad on drivers door

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 07:45 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just to clarify so me and Fontana don't come across as being total jerks, the OP's original post has been edited. It used to have a statement that was fairly aggressive and negative.

Now, I had a similar mystery. My remote start quit working and the culprit was the hood open switch. The truck thought the hood was open even though it was closed and would not remote start for safety reasons. I know the keypad light is not related but the diagnosis of the problem may lead to something similar.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj
Just to clarify so me and Fontana don't come across as being total jerks, the OP's original post has been edited. It used to have a statement that was fairly aggressive and negative.

Now, I had a similar mystery. My remote start quit working and the culprit was the hood open switch. The truck thought the hood was open even though it was closed and would not remote start for safety reasons. I know the keypad light is not related but the diagnosis of the problem may lead to something similar.

Original post has not been edited! My second post has had one comment removed since it so obviously upset another member(s).

I simply stated the following, word for word:

I'm tired of having issues with this truck, one after another.

None of these issues have been related to any of the mods I have done, just to clarify.

Obviously it upset Fontana and yourself, so I removed it. Either way, Fontana's comment was unnecessary, rude, and had no beneficial value to this thread.... I don't think my comment was aggressive or negative, only honest about my experience with this truck. Either way, wasn't grounds for the response I got from Fontana!

I do thank you for the hood switch idea and I'll check into that this evening and see what I find. I'm sure it's something simple, it's just irritating to have a problem with the truck. Combine with all the HPFP horror stories and broken valves problems and so on, I'm really starting to regret this purchase.....please excuse me if I have a little frustration from time to time.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:50 PM
maxxoffroad
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty sure the keypad has a built in battery. You can get a new one for about 80.00 I think. oem part just sticks on. programs to same frequency as your transmitter.
Ford Parts Direct | Ford Truck Accessories | Super Duty

Old 02-07-2012, 11:52 AM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Everything electrical on these trucks is controlled by some sort of control module now. The Body Control Module interprets a lot of information and my guess is that the BCM is at the root of your problem.

I don't care about your mods, but it is conceivable that programming the various computers on the truck could have affected the BCM. I'm not saying it caused your problem, but it is possible. The days of simple switches and relays are long gone. These trucks are truly smarter than a fifth grader!

Old 02-07-2012, 12:53 PM
jermort
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fontana
You lifted the suspension, modified the intake, modified the exhaust, removed a major component of the exhaust, and used an aftermarket tuner. With all the things you have done to your truck you're upset about a keypad light???? You're lucky it still runs!
Hey, no reason to dis a fellow Ford user!

just sayin

@Andrew010 Does the keypad still lock/unlock the doors?

jammer

Old 02-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Keypad still works, yes.

The problem also was solved. Bad passenger door switch. Truck thought the passenger door was open and apparently that will confuse the truck into doing what it did. No big deal after all...