1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Has Chip been Foosed

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has Chip been Foosed

I found this ad, while net surfing today.... The F100 that Chip Foose built for the very appreciative navy seal, now up for sale? Hmmm

1965 Ford F100 - $85,000 | Phoenix, | CHIP FOOSE OVERHAULIN 1965 Ford F100 S.B. Season 3, Episode 7 - The Navy S...

Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 PM
garbz2
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
About the third time this truck has be sold since it was overhauled. It is Barret jackson lead up week here and everything will crawl out of the woodwork to be sold at idiotic prices.

Garbz

Old 01-10-2012, 10:08 PM
tbm3fan
Cargo Master
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
If I were Foose I'd be a little pissed off. You build something for someone giving your labor in charity to fulfill someone's dream. Then they turn around and proceed to sell the vehicle at a high price using his name in the ad as justification for the price.

No wonder some ballplayers refuse to give autographs away for free now since it is known that the ***** are then sold for a profit right away. Don't blame them for sitting down at an event and you having to pay for a autograph.

The collection mania has gotten out of control...

Old 01-10-2012, 10:28 PM
elgemcdlf
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have no idea what prompted the sale of the truck unless I am missing something. I don't think it right to assume he had $ signs in his eyes. As a Navy Seal (not me just the position) low profile is pretty much number 1 on the list. The truck definitely is not low profile having been featured on the tv show. Given "birds of a feather" it wouldn't take much to home in on the entire unit of SEALs from that truck.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by elgemcdlf
We have no idea what prompted the sale of the truck unless I am missing something. I don't think it right to assume he had $ signs in his eyes. As a Navy Seal (not me just the position) low profile is pretty much number 1 on the list. The truck definitely is not low profile having been featured on the tv show. Given "birds of a feather" it wouldn't take much to home in on the entire unit of SEALs from that truck.

My personal thoughts on it are mixed..... we don't know maybe they sincerely need the money, after all the economic times we are in are not very forgiving.... If this is an out of work family I cannot fault them for trying to get everything they can out of it, I would probably do the same... however that being said, I have often wondered how many people have used shows like Overhaulin' as a means to make money...aka taking advantage of the system. I applied to Overhaulin many years ago to help out a friend who's Husband, an LA fire Chief had died of a stroke at 45 in his sleep..... He left behind a partially finished "56" F100.... I wanted to finish it for her , and for their kids... I ended up doing it myself.. after being denied by the show...They had already done a 50's era F100... But I still wonder how many of those hot cars and trucks have been sold.. just something to ponder..

Old 01-11-2012, 12:02 AM
tbm3fan
Cargo Master
However, as Garbz2 said, this may be the third time the truck has sold. The first time is the Seal owner but after that it is nothing but people trying to profit off the name of someone else as seen in the ad. That just rubs me the wrong way.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:13 AM
garbz2
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here is where we talked about the same truck at the same time last year.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-for-sale.html

Garbz

Old 01-11-2012, 01:59 AM
tbm3fan
Cargo Master
So from 55K last year to 85K this year?! I won't say what I wish would happen.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
I'll bid $1500

Old 01-11-2012, 05:51 AM
CropDusterMan
Elder User
The Seal who owned this truck, his name is John, is a very nice fellow...I bumped into him at a wrecking yard near San Diego last year when
I was pulling my disc brake parts. We talked for close to an hour while we pulled our parts and he's a first class guy...what you'd expect for a Seal.

Regardless of how many owners the truck has had, it was his truck to do with as he pleased and he doesn't have to explain anything to anyone
on why he sold it...he's probably done enough service for America in dark corners of the globe to do whatever the heck he likes in my opinion.

As for Foose, I'm sure he's not offended, from what I hear, he's the nicest guy you could meet.

Jason

Old 01-11-2012, 07:14 AM
topscrt
Senior User
it only has a 1,000 miles on it. Damn shame they (owners) didn't drive it much

Old 01-11-2012, 10:08 AM
huckdeuceman
Senior User
Well? I've already commented on the sale of this Truck, and if the person that it was built for sold it to someone else, then ''what will be, will be!....still a SLAP IN THE FACE
anyway you look at it!, my 2 cent's......

Old 01-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
I went to an Overhaulin' reunion a few years ago at Huntington beach Pier, and he was there with the truck.... he drove it all of about 150 feet. he had trailered it there from his home... and the year previous he was at the Los Alamitos Wings and Rotors air/car show, and he trailered it to the base, and drove it the last mile or so onto the base... My guess it has been the latest owner or somewhere in the mix that has put miles on it. I found it kind of odd that He never really drove it, as it was not a collector's Item type of vehicle.

Jason I am sure he is a very nice guy. I didn't really chat with him at either of the places that I saw him, but he seemed pretty affable, and I do have a great deal of respect for any of our Military.. I was just wondering what would cause him to sell it.....

Old 01-11-2012, 02:03 PM
elgemcdlf
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Jetcopterpilot
.. I was just wondering what would cause him to sell it.....
If my wife had my truck done by Chip I would sell it as well UNLESS he built my truck not his. I would be gracious for the cameras but if it wasn't exactly what I envisioned for the truck I wouldn't want it. Doesn't matter who built it with 1 exception. George Barris.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by elgemcdlf
If my wife had my truck done by Chip I would sell it as well UNLESS he built my truck not his. I would be gracious for the cameras but if it wasn't exactly what I envisioned for the truck I wouldn't want it. Doesn't matter who built it with 1 exception. George Barris.

If George Barris built it, it probably would look nothing like a truck!

Quick Reply: Has Chip been Foosed