1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Has Chip been Foosed

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 06:34 PM
carras
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The show appears to be very selective on who gets in or not, as they have a right to do so. So don't think for a second that the show or Mr Foose came out on the short end of this thing. The Seal's story was very compelling and I'm sure benefitted the show. The fact that the truck has been sold and keeps popping up continues to give the show credit and free advertising. This truck was built for Mr Seal and he sold it - his right.

How many stories have we read here where we sell our beloved trucks for whatever reason only to try to recapture it years later? Mr Seal may eventually feel a similar remorse if he hasn't already done so.

I like seeing these old girls appreciate/appreciated

Old 01-11-2012, 06:50 PM
37 Ford guy
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CropDusterMan
The Seal who owned this truck, his name is John, is a very nice fellow...I bumped into him at a wrecking yard near San Diego last year when
I was pulling my disc brake parts. We talked for close to an hour while we pulled our parts and he's a first class guy...what you'd expect for a Seal.

Regardless of how many owners the truck has had, it was his truck to do with as he pleased and he doesn't have to explain anything to anyone
on why he sold it...he's probably done enough service for America in dark corners of the globe to do whatever the heck he likes in my opinion.

As for Foose, I'm sure he's not offended, from what I hear, he's the nicest guy you could meet.

Jason
Where's the "Like" button??? I "Like" this, J!

Old 01-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 37 Ford guy
Where's the "Like" button??? I "Like" this, J!

it's in the top tool bar all the way to the right side... "Rate Thread"

Old 01-11-2012, 07:18 PM
37 Ford guy
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Bill W
it's in the top tool bar all the way to the right side... "Rate Thread"
LOL! Bill, I didn't want to rate the whole thread, I just wanted to "like" what Jason said....

Old 01-11-2012, 07:20 PM
66f-100
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elgemcdlf
If my wife had my truck done by Chip I would sell it as well UNLESS he built my truck not his.
I agree. I told my wife never to call that show for any of my cars. While I think they are a talented group, the stuff they turn out just isn't my taste. I think I would be in tears if one of my cars got "Foosed".

Old 01-11-2012, 07:28 PM
37 Ford guy
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Jetcopterpilot
If George Barris built it, it probably would look nothing like a truck!

and if we had a real "Like" button, I would "Like" this one, too! LOL!

Old 01-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It's a nice truck. I'd give $14K for it, sell the wheels and tires, fix the suspension and put some reasonable wheels and tires on it and drive it.

As has been said, it's not any kind of collector car but it sure is nice.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:45 PM
elgemcdlf
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 66f-100
I agree. I told my wife never to call that show for any of my cars. While I think they are a talented group, the stuff they turn out just isn't my taste. I think I would be in tears if one of my cars got "Foosed".
That's exactly how I feel about it. I like having my truck. Anyone around Indianapolis who sees my truck knows who the truck belongs to along with knowing who is building it. I just couldn't see myself driving someone else's truck. As an example they put the MII suspension under the truck. After much thought I decided to go with a CV swap instead. Simply a matter of design. I believe I will have less problems out of the CV along with it being easy to get parts for.

Moving to the rear they ran a 9" with a 4 bar. Again another option I considered but I wanted something different so I went MN12 IRS. While Roush is a great name in Ford performance I want a 460 not a small block. Chip and his crew do great work but it is his work and style not mine.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
What is your IRS? MN12 I don't understand...

Old 01-11-2012, 08:08 PM
elgemcdlf
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Bdox
What is your IRS? MN12 I don't understand...
The MN12 was the IRS put under '89-'97 TBirds, Cougars & Mark VIIIs. My build thread is https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...s-build-3.html

Old 01-12-2012, 07:13 AM
CropDusterMan
Elder User
Originally Posted by 66f-100
I agree. I told my wife never to call that show for any of my cars. While I think they are a talented group,
the stuff they turn out just isn't my taste. I think I would be in tears if one of my cars got "Foosed".
.................................................. .................................................. ..........................................

Ha!
I also told my wife to never call in to get my truck done....I could just imagine at the
unveil...(as I'm on the floor crying and sobbing)

"Well Jason, your 1965 F250 is now an F100 and we lowered the truck 10 inches for you (sorry Robert),
and got rid of the old stock rims and bottlecap hubcaps and you now have some beautiful Torque Thrusters
courtesy of our friends at American Racing!
The old classic sweep speedometer is now digital neon and we also installed speakers in the bed and your interior
got a blue velvet upgrade"!

"And your 1965 grille has been replaced with a custom modified 1965 Chevy grille from ACME Customs"!

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Old 01-12-2012, 07:57 AM
37 Ford guy
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by CropDusterMan
[B]

Ha!
I also told my wife to never call in to get my truck done....I could just imagine at the
unveil...(as I'm on the floor crying and sobbing)

"Well Jason, your 1965 F250 is now an F100 and we lowered the truck 10 inches for you (sorry Robert),
and got rid of the old stock rims and bottlecap hubcaps and you now have some beautiful Torque Thrusters
courtesy of our friends at American Racing!
The old classic sweep speedometer is now digital neon and we also installed speakers in the bed and your interior
got a blue velvet upgrade"!

"And your 1965 grille has been replaced with a custom modified 1965 Chevy grille from ACME Customs"!

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

LOL! Jason, I would have hit the "Like" button on all the things that you were "cryin" about until you got to the speakers in the bed, blue velvet and Chevy grille! Those would be definite "Unlikes"

Another thing I would add to list of mods for yours is cut that sucker in two and make a short bed out of it!!!

Old 01-12-2012, 09:06 AM
huckdeuceman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well? after all of this? I'm now FOOSED OUT....LOL, I too agree with Jason'' would not want my truck messed up,I can do that myself!!...hahaha..

Old 01-12-2012, 10:27 AM
37 Ford guy
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by huckdeuceman
Well? after all of this? I'm now FOOSED OUT....LOL,
Yep, we've beaten this dead horse to death yet again...

I'm sure the next time this truck is up for sale, we'll all meet here and do it again.....

Old 01-12-2012, 11:40 AM
garbz2
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 37 Ford guy
Yep, we've beaten this dead horse to death yet again...

I'm sure the next time this truck is up for sale, we'll all meet here and do it again.....
They call it SSDY..... It is Barret Jackson time here and it will come out of the woodwork for next year.

Garbz

Quick Reply: Has Chip been Foosed