Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just when you think

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 129 Likes on 124 Posts
If it was the fuel pump, it should still crank though.

Jim

Old 01-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 129 Likes on 124 Posts
Oh yeah, how is the coolant leak problem?

Jim

Old 01-09-2012, 10:12 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats what i was thinking was even if it was the pump you would have crank but no fuel.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
i know how you feel! i love my junker too!

Old 01-09-2012, 10:33 PM
1990_Bronco_Custom
Junior User
Yeah, I've had my moments with mine too. Like when the starter took a dump on me in my own driveway. Yeah, that sucked something awful. Or when my alternator decided to take a dump on me at my workplace(which was quite recently). I was so damn close to just running up to my dad's shop, grabbing the cuttin' torch, and slaughtering my Bronco right where it sat...

Old 01-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 1990_Bronco_Custom
Yeah, I've had my moments with mine too. Like when the starter took a dump on me in my own driveway. Yeah, that sucked something awful. Or when my alternator decided to take a dump on me at my workplace(which was quite recently). I was so damn close to just running up to my dad's shop, grabbing the cuttin' torch, and slaughtering my Bronco right where it sat...

tell me about it, i went to carls jr for a lunch and went to get in the truck the started died! i was there tell late in the evening swapping it in the parking lot, i did take a break and eat dinner there also tho. i dont know what was worse, changing the starter right in front the entrance door freezing, or the runs afterwards.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:47 PM
1990_Bronco_Custom
Junior User
Originally Posted by b-uno
tell me about it, i went to carls jr for a lunch and went to get in the truck the started died! i was there tell late in the evening swapping it in the parking lot, i did take a break and eat dinner there also tho. i dont know what was worse, changing the starter right in front the entrance door freezing, or the runs afterwards.
Right in front of the entrance? Ouch. I bet you got a few "Ford Jokes" thrown your way as well...

Old 01-09-2012, 11:39 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I get ford jokes thrown at me all the time and mine isn't broken. But it might not help i work for a Buick and GMC dealership

Old 01-10-2012, 01:33 AM
ford1977owner
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
I get ford jokes thrown at me all the time and mine isn't broken. But it might not help i work for a Buick and GMC dealership

nothing better then driving a ford to a GM dealer hah

Old 01-10-2012, 05:31 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ford1977owner
nothing better then driving a ford to a GM dealer hah
Even better was i wore my for hat for the first 6 months before the owners son told me to change it. Both the owner of the dealership and my boss saw it and never said anything. Oh well i got a free hat from them.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I must say that was very disrespectful from you, it's your job there, and they're buying those hours of your time, at least you listened to the owner's son.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:50 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Disrespectful how? I didn't have another hat so i grabbed that one, Plus i work in the very back of the dealership and don't talk to many customers. The owner of the dealership had no problems with it neither did my boss (service manager) No one ever told me not to wear it till the son did. Is it disrespectful that i drive a ford and work for them? Is it disrespectful that they use me to do things my job description does not call for? This dealership has a lot of problems and the reason i am still with them is because of the money and the few friends i have made there, I am not trying to complain that i have a job nor that i have to do extra work for them but i don't see wearing a different branded hat to the dealership is disrespectful. We even had a tech who wore a U.S. Navy hat and the son told him not to wear it. It isn't just me.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
if it wasent for henry ford gm wouldnt exist

Old 01-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
it's like that picture of the kid drinking Coca-Cola while he was distributing Pepsi, the truck comparison is absurd, it's your personal vehicle, i also worked at a Chevy dealer and nobody had an issue with me driving in my Bronco, most of them actually liked it, but it's way different than clothing, even more a hat, you don't need a hat, you might need pants and a shirt, but not a hat, you decided to wear it, even though you know it advertises their most direct competition, anyway, just my opinion, and those are like a**es, eeeeverybody has one.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:52 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ya i follow Encho, It just didn't seem disrespectful mainly because nobody said anything, nobody told me to take it off and nobody told me to change it. The son just came out of the blue and told me, i wasn't really angry or anything it made sense and i was kind of waiting for them to say something but they didn't. Now i where a ski hat with a Mohawk and haven't gotten any complaints. Some people say it looks goofy but i got it from a friend for xmas so i figure ill keep my head warm. As for WHY i wear a hat, a lot of it is to block the sun during summer and rain during fall, When you wash cars for a living you get sprayed quite a bit either by yourself or by a co worker so it's nice not to always get hit in the face. I also used to wear a for sweatshirt under the jacket they gave us but that was because i didn't have another jacket to wear and the ones they give don't do s**t in the cold. Now i mainly wear my carhartt.

Quick Reply: Just when you think