Sponsored by: DP Tuner

BTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 09:58 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
BTS

Okay, while all of this is as fresh as it is going to get.. WOW..

I left here Sunday and made it Lead Hill Ark at 12:45 am their time, Pattie had already set me up with a local Hotel, they knew I was coming and had me call them at 8 to find out what room I had.

Got UP MOnday, Early as always, 7 am the Resorts Resturant opens, the owner sat with me and Bs;d while I waited to get my truck down to BTS.

Now I have heard others say 20 mins and the trans was out, thats not the case when you come down from Michigan, a little more rust, but with in 50 mins they had my trans on the floor.

During tear down they identified any all problems, and answered question's I had in regards to the last rebuild and what may have failed.

I would like to put a little note in here, I have slept all of 2 hours in the last 30 hours, so if anything here doesnt make sense.. oh well

During the reassembly Brian and one other just go to twon, each and every piece is touched, replaced, moded, nothing that was in that trans from the factory ( or last rebuild) is still in that trans. EVERY piece in that trans has a replacement that was engineered by Brian and his team.. Any failure he has had with his transmissions in the past are sitting there for you to see, with a another piece sitting next to it so you can see how he cured it.. WOW..

HE shows you why each place is replaced, he explains what was a good idea, was built wrong.. not built wrong, but cheesy parts were installed..he shows the difference between his parts and what the OEM uses..

Driving, wow.. just let your foot off the pedal, it moves, there is no wait, no throttle needed.. she just goes..I can not explain it, but what I Can tell you is, I now ( I knew before just not the exactly) know exactly why I was told to head to BTS..

I am officially on the BTS Bandwagon..

I asked Brian before I left, What do I need to do, or not do to protect your warranty.

He says, have you seen BDP's "BA" Doing one sick wheel stand - YouTube?

I said no, he says look it up.. you have the same trans as this guy..he has gone through two motors, and not my trans yet, you should be good.

I believe him.

Thanks BTS, by the way.. His Wife and crew are Great as Well.. Very Friendly, great people!!!

Okay, I am going for another coffee and a shower.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
indyF-350psd
you can't fix stupid!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
by FAR the best money you have spent on your truck huh?

Old 12-13-2011, 10:05 AM
SteveH-CO
Fleet Mechanic
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Great story - thanks for sharing.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:08 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Originally Posted by indyF-350psd
by FAR the best money you have spent on your truck huh?
866 miles so far.. oh heck yeah..and I am not sure it is related, I got 1 mpg better on the way back then I did there.. but they are 1200 above sea level.. I am 650..

Originally Posted by SteveH-CO
Great story - thanks for sharing.
no problem.. and this is no means a push.. I blew my tran once before, there was no way in heck I was going to be able to pull off a BTS then.. Sadly, I had to get another trans, thankfully I had access to some money this time.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:29 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats Pat. I'm glad you were able to get this experence with your truck at BTS. As you know, I can't say enough good about my trans.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:39 AM
89LX306
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Congrats! I wasn't able to go to Lead Hill. I did however spend quite a bit of time on the phone with Brian. He comes across as a very honest guy to me. I have had my BTS for nearly 6 months and love it. I asked Brian about break-in, warranty, etc as I had a 3k mile trip with my 5th wheel I was leaving on. His response, "Hook up and go." With roughly 60 miles on my BTS I headed out for a 3k mile trip with my 5th wheel. I like that kind of confidence.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:08 PM
bulla
Cargo Master
Yea, know what you mean. I tried to convince Rick we could load his truck up and I'd haul it back home then we figured how much fuel I'd waste! Ughh! Like many others I haven't had a lick of problems with mine either. Sure it's alot of money, but hey, I can rebuild my engine for about the same as a junk tranny. It has eased my mind and definatly raised the value of my truck in my own eyes. Like many know the tranny in a 7.3 is the weak link, fix that and it ain't weak no more!

Old 12-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Brother Les
Cargo Master
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
My truck will not jump as high as the one in the vidio, but I do have to hold down the brake when I put it in gear or it will take off. You should be able to easily stand on it and burn the rubber off the tires......

I know that you may think that the price is up there but after 25,000 miles I still have that perma-grin No more worries about the transmission with Brian only a phone call away.

Congrats on your New Truck.

You should have had him put a 6.0 cooler in it while it was there. He would have only charged you for the parts.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Robert6401
Cargo Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to hear it, Pat. Reps for biting the bullet this time and going with the last tranny you'll ever buy (well, for this truck).

Old 12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
HH60FE
Posting Guru
Pat, soo glad you got it sorted out. I think for us that don’t have a BTS (yet), when we say were happy for you = we are jealous!!!!
Somehow I gota convince my financial supervisor its a needed item

Old 12-13-2011, 01:46 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Brother Les
My truck will not jump as high as the one in the vidio, but I do have to hold down the brake when I put it in gear or it will take off. You should be able to easily stand on it and burn the rubber off the tires......

I know that you may think that the price is up there but after 25,000 miles I still have that perma-grin No more worries about the transmission with Brian only a phone call away.

Congrats on your New Truck.

You should have had him put a 6.0 cooler in it while it was there. He would have only charged you for the parts.
ITS IN THERE

Originally Posted by Robert6401
Glad to hear it, Pat. Reps for biting the bullet this time and going with the last tranny you'll ever buy (well, for this truck).
Biting the bullet wasnt the problem the first time, it was affording the lead to get the bullet

Originally Posted by HH60FE
Pat, soo glad you got it sorted out. I think for us that don’t have a BTS (yet), when we say were happy for you = we are jealous!!!!
Somehow I gota convince my financial supervisor its a needed item
If you ever get a chance to go there and watch and listen, you will understand the "why" are transmissions are the way they are. It is not a design flaw, it is the material that is used. Brian does a nice job breaking it all down for you.

JUst got back in my truck and noticed that they fixed the over drive button cover at some point as well..

Called and thanked them, AGAIN..

Old 12-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Franko72
Molon Labe
Congrats Pat. Its money well spent, and being there watching and learning is a great experiance. I've never had that much fun while spending that much money! (Not to mention all that I learned listening to Brian explain all of the parts)
I told Brian that the only abuse my trans will see is pulling my fith wheel, he replied with "if you drag race the truck every weekend and pull sled with it every weekend bring it back every couple years so that I can make sure everything is still good. If your just pulling a camper... I'll probably never see you again"
You just cant put a price on Peace of mind

Old 12-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Brother Les
Cargo Master
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Franko72
Congrats Pat. Its money well spent, and being there watching and learning is a great experiance. I've never had that much fun while spending that much money! (Not to mention all that I learned listening to Brian explain all of the parts)
I told Brian that the only abuse my trans will see is pulling my fith wheel, he replied with "if you drag race the truck every weekend and pull sled with it every weekend bring it back every couple years so that I can make sure everything is still good. If your just pulling a camper... I'll probably never see you again"
You just cant put a price on Peace of mind

Who is their right mind would give a warrenty like this?

You would think that Brian would loose a ton of money on this warrenty..... not if it is a good product

Old 12-13-2011, 03:28 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

On my test drive after Brian put my trans in, I put my truck in 4x4 and boosted to 20# then let the brake off and went through the gears. He said the shifting feels good, then home bound I was.

EDIT: He also tuned my trans for 450 RWHP.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
Congrats Pat, I wish I had some lead for a bullet but maybe sometime in the future.

Quick Reply: BTS