2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eBay COPs sellers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 11:18 AM
jennkent5454
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
eBay COPs sellers?

I remember reading in 97-03 forums about 2 guys on eBay that sold COPs, one guy was good with warranty returns, the other guy not so much. Does anyone have any info on a reliable eBay seller?

Old 12-08-2011, 03:29 AM
Mawk
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a COP from global-automotive on ebay about a year ago.

First one I've had to replace, since all my others are original. I put on about 7K miles on my truck last year, and the first rainstorm this year, they failed. No biggie, I figured I'd send them back since they have the lifetime warranty.

I called their number and was told I had to contact them through eBay.
I did, and this was what I sent on Nov 10, 2011.

Hi, I bought an ignition coil for my 2001 F150 (with the 5.4 motor) in July 2010, and not it's starting to misfire under heavy acceleration. I had it diagnosed as the COP, and the code I recieved was P0302. I initially took off the boot to make sure that there were no cracks in it, and there aren't. I had it tested and it's still getting a signal from the ECU, but is misfiring when I try to accelerate quickly. Please let me know what I can do to get it replaced.

Thank you.

-Mark

I got this reply from them through ebay.

Dear Valued Customer,

This has been forwarded to the correct department for review, and will get back with you shortly.

Thank you,
Global Automotive

On Nov. 14th, I had sent this reply after not hearing from Global
Hi,

Has your correct department reviewed my case yet? I need to get my truck up and running, and with it misfiring, I cannot haul my stuff. Could I just buy one, and return the defective one for a refund?

THen again, on Nov. 24th after not hearing from them I sent this:

Hi, I contacted you guys about a faulty ignition coil, on November 10th, 2 weeks ago today, and was told that my return was sent to be reviewed by one of your departments. I haven't heard anything back yet, and was wondering if I could still get it replaced. Each time I call your customer service number, they tell me to contact you via eBay.

Please help me resolve this issue.

To which Global promptly replied:
Please provide your RMA#.

Followed by this message:

Please provide a tracking # for your return.
To which I replied:
What address do I need to send it to? Who does it have to be addressed to? Do I not need an RMA number? Please let me know, and I'll get it out to you with a confirmation or tracking number.

Followed by another of my message:

That's the problem. I have not been authorized an RMA# yet because I was told:

"Dear huh-what*,

Dear Valued Customer,

This has been forwarded to the correct department for review, and will get back with you shortly.

Thank you,
Global Automotive"

And until you replied today, I hadn't heard anything about it.

It's been nearly a month, I still don't have my COP from them because they didn't authorize a Return Merchandise Authorization number. They won't accept it, and my truck runs fine with one that I had originally bought to replace it. It's only 10 dollars plus shipping, but since I only got 7K miles out of it (at 120 with OEM) I don't really think it's worth paying shipping both ways (which is what the guy on the phone told me) when I can buy one for less than $80 at my local dealership and get 18 times the mileage out of it for 8 times the price of an ebay one.

It's not worth the hassle to me.