Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Hard starting running Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 12:32 PM
snakedoc
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hard starting running Problems?

Can SC Cause Starting running Problems? i have been having some starting problems for a year. i have read a lot of threads and non look is wacky as mine. it can happen form 65*F to 13*F that i have seen. the battery's are good 13.2v GPR is working checked with meter only .1v drop, all GP ohm at 1.1-1.0 from VC plug, and the volts are 13.2 then it goes to 11.9 with the gp on so they look like they are working good. buzz test looks good and combustion test is ok #8 fails sometimes as normal. at start up the HPOP is putting out 900 psi LPOP is 70-50 psi oil is new and full. some of the time there is some white smoke but not all ways and it dose not smell like diesel.

what happens is the truck will spike then fall in rmps at start up i just push the gas and it goes away. then sometimes it will start great but when i pull out of the shed and let off of the gas it will spike then fall in rmps. and sometimes it can happen after the truck has been running for 10 minutes and it is 50* out . the truck has no power loss will driving or bad sounds and it can happen a warm temps to what so of you see. my dad and brothers trucks all have more miles and start up with no problem and i use the same oil.

i have put a new MAP, CPS, EPS, GPR, cleaned the IPR, unpluged the ICP no help, pluged it in only helps some. i have tried to stopping the truck when it happens and checking the HPOP res but the level dose not change. the only thing that is left is the super chip. it is 37* out to day and im going to pull the SC to see if it will help what do you think?

Last edited by snakedoc; 11-30-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: better name to help others find it.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Brother Les
Cargo Master
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by snakedoc
Can SC Cause Starting Problems? i have been having some starting problems for a year. i have read a lot of threads and non look is wacky as mine. it can happen form 65*F to 13*F that i have seen. the battery's are good 13.2v GPR is working checked with meter only .1v drop, all GP ohm at 1.1-1.0 from VC plug. buzz test looks good and combustion test is ok #8 fails sometimes as normal. at start up the HPOP is putting out 900 psi LPOP is 70-50 psi oil is new and full. some of the time there is some white smoke but not all ways and it dose not smell like diesel.

what happens is the truck will spike then fall in rmps at start up i just push the gas and it goes away. then sometimes it will start great but when i pull out of the shed and let off of the gas it will spike then fall in rmps. and sometimes it can happen after the truck has been running for 10 minutes and it is 50* out . the truck has no power loss will driving or bad sounds and it can happen a warm temps to what so of you see. my dad and brothers trucks all have more miles and start up with no problem and i use the same oil.

i have put a new MAP, CPS, EPS, GPR, cleaned the IPR, unpluged the ICP no help, pluged it in only helps some. i have tried to stopping the truck when it happens and checking the HPOP res but the level dose not change. the only thing that is left is the super chip. it is 37* out to day and im going to pull the SC to see if it will help what do you think?

The SuperChip will not cause it to have starting problems.... what this chip is for is transmission shifting times and at what rpms.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:54 PM
snakedoc
Postmaster
update took the SC off did the same thing. what do i look at now?
also fuel psi is 62 all the time.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:16 PM
snakedoc
Postmaster
when i started it to day i had some help looking at things i let the truck spike for 20 sec and in that time the lpop showed no psi. i think the lpop is weak, but when running i can get 70psi out of it?

i have a lpop out of the 02 i parted it had 145k would it be ok to use it or just get a new one? money is bad this time of the year but i dont want to do it again in 3 months.