1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Anyone else rather spend T-day with their FTE family?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:52 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Had son and grandkids up.. Wed -Sun.. wives went out black friday shopping at 8:30 pm, got home at 6am. some left at 2:30am got home at 6am.

I am exhausted!!!.. keeping up with 8,6 and 2yr old is a lot of work!
but it was good to see them again..

Sam

Old 11-29-2011, 08:11 AM
ben73058
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey B-uno,
As one of those "Friggin Texas Tards" hmmmm.... We get almost exactly the same reaction from our Northern friends who come to Texas in the summer expecting to play golf & do nice normal outdoor things. They won't even go to the air conditioned mall because they have to go outside to get there. Anything above 80 is horrible - well it's horrible here from about Feb. on. Last year it was over 100 for (90) days straight - I feel your pain with with whiners.

Your friendly Texas Tard
Ben in Austin

Old 11-29-2011, 09:31 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,100 Likes on 819 Posts
My favorite was quite a few years back. We invited my brother's friend to come alone with him to our house. We live out in the country but not outside a drivable distance from the big city. Our closest neighbor is about 1/4 mile away. The first thing the guy says when he walks in the door is "you guys need more lights out here, I could hardly see the side of the road." Duh, we live out in the country!

As for southerners and our northern climate. I did an system installation in GA a few years ago in November. One day two of the ol' boys I was working with came up to me and told me their supervisor, who was from northern Michigan told them we had a special tool for scraping ice off our windows. I said, "Yeah, we do." He replied incredulously, " You mean ya'll have a special tool to scrape the ice off of ya windshield?!". Again, I replied," Yeah, but don't you guys get frost down here? What do you use?". He said, "Yeah, we all git frost down here, all we use is a Dixie cup or a credit card." They had the hardest time accepting we have extreme cold up here.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:24 PM
old_dan
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I completely missed this thread....

I managed to have Thanksgiving weekend without very much family drama at all. My brother-in-law and his wife came down from Oregon for the week & two of my sons came home from school in Colorado....we did work on the truck. I actually made quite a bit of progress while I had the turkey on the barbecue for 6 hours!!

We did get the truck started....I'll call this a pretty good Thanksgiving. Doh...Christmas is less than a month away!!!

Dan

Old 11-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
im sure ya'all aint all texas tards, but the ones im related to are! hehehe unfortunatly.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2

As for southerners and our northern climate. I did an system installation in GA a few years ago in November. One day two of the ol' boys I was working with came up to me and told me their supervisor, who was from northern Michigan told them we had a special tool for scraping ice off our windows. I said, "Yeah, we do." He replied incredulously, " You mean ya'll have a special tool to scrape the ice off of ya windshield?!". Again, I replied," Yeah, but don't you guys get frost down here? What do you use?". He said, "Yeah, we all git frost down here, all we use is a Dixie cup or a credit card." They had the hardest time accepting we have extreme cold up here.
Since I moved from Illinois to GA, I no longer have to have winter gloves, a stocking cap and a winter coat. However about 5 times a year they would be nice. I don't miss Siberia!