6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

THE ONLY REASON I HATE FORD!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 02:32 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ol-blu
Yes the "EMPTY WEIGHT" is not shown, BUT, if Ford went as far as doing the "Max weight of occupants and cargo" label on their vehicles, it would have saved a lot of headache..... They State the combined Weight of truck and people and cargo as a COMBINED weight.... I can do the math subtracting the max weight of occupants and cargo from my GVWR # and use the answer as weight of truck.....
The sticker on my says 13k. I tried getting pictures of it, but it is in the worst possible location to snap off good clear pics where it is in the garage.

It still makes certain assumptions but at least its something to go off of.

I just wonder if you were unaware when you bought it and Ford didn't have it were you wanted to find it, why didn't you ask for it before you bought it and before you loaded it all up? I'm not trying to be a smartass or insulting, but why didn't you do more research if not at the dealership then looking through other sources to make sure that it would fit your needs both legally and capability wise? I wouldn't assume that Ford is going to be spoon feeding that info to you. If Chevy and/or Dodge want to it then that's one thing. I'm not saying that they should or shouldn't do it that way, but I wouldn't assume from the get go that they would.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:23 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
BUT, if Ford went as far as doing the "Max weight of occupants and cargo" label on their vehicles,
Both our 2007 F250s and have that same rating tag on them From what I understand that number is still based on the estimated curb weight of the truck... which has been estimated and provided by Ford for every year of SD: https://www.ford-trucks.com/specs/20...perduty_1.html

Old 11-14-2011, 03:27 PM
ol-blu
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tex25025
The sticker on my says 13k. I tried getting pictures of it, but it is in the worst possible location to snap off good clear pics where it is in the garage.

It still makes certain assumptions but at least its something to go off of.

I just wonder if you were unaware when you bought it and Ford didn't have it were you wanted to find it, why didn't you ask for it before you bought it and before you loaded it all up? I'm not trying to be a smartass or insulting, but why didn't you do more research if not at the dealership then looking through other sources to make sure that it would fit your needs both legally and capability wise? I wouldn't assume that Ford is going to be spoon feeding that info to you. If Chevy and/or Dodge want to it then that's one thing. I'm not saying that they should or shouldn't do it that way, but I wouldn't assume from the get go that they would.

I was aware of the 8800GVW, but was not aware that the truck was so close to being at the max without even hauling anything.... The truck is OVER-EQUIPPED to begin with, why have overloads if u cant use them....

I dont expect Ford to "spoon" feed me the information, I dont expect Ford to Follow Chev Or GMC's or Dodges footsteps..... I just made an observation, made a comment about it, asked if anyone else ran into it, and so happens others have....

The truck was bought used, but I'm looking towards that possibly the scales were out, or I may have weighed wrong... Highway scales are not long enough to weigh whole truck, so I weighed each axle.... should get same result tho.....

There's others following this thread with the same setup as I have, and even with a 3/4 full tank of diesel, still weigh in 800lbs less than I.....

Thanks for your input

Old 11-14-2011, 03:29 PM
ol-blu
Senior User
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel
Both our 2007 F250s and have that same rating tag on them

Thanks for that was not aware, must have been a revision or add-on....

Old 11-14-2011, 03:44 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
What's the trim level of the truck? Trying to determine just how much extra baggage that you have on there. I can't recall if you said 4x4, auto etc. Gears?

Old 11-14-2011, 03:50 PM
ol-blu
Senior User
2004 F-250 Super-Cab Short-box FX4 4X4 SRW
Pwr Windows
Locks
AC
Front Buckets Rear Bench
Auto Tranny
Straightpiped (lost 60 lbs there)

No King ranch or Amirillow ar Harley, Simple White Truck

Old 11-14-2011, 03:52 PM
ol-blu
Senior User
As for the gears, I think that plays into TOWING Limit.... but Im pretty sure I got 3:73's

Old 11-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
Received 136 Likes on 80 Posts
Ol-blu
My '06 KR (in my signature below) has rear bench-front bucket and shows a passenger rating of 5. And 2322lbs max. Not sure why yours would show 6 passenger. My truck weighed 8125lbs on commercial scales at a local truck stop. 2occupants, full tank of fuel, tool box with some junk in it, and a fifth wheel hitch in the back.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:28 PM
ljutic ss
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rusty Axlerod
Ol-blu
My '06 KR (in my signature below) has rear bench-front bucket and shows a passenger rating of 5. And 2322lbs max. Not sure why yours would show 6 passenger. My truck weighed 8125lbs on commercial scales at a local truck stop. 2occupants, full tank of fuel, tool box with some junk in it, and a fifth wheel hitch in the back.

If you have captains seats with fixed center console it is considered a 5 passenger, but if you have a center console that flips up I believe it becomes a 6 passenger.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:41 PM
ol-blu
Senior User
Originally Posted by Rusty Axlerod
Ol-blu
Your truck increased in weight as well as increased in GVWR.... That sticker that I showed was out of a duramax diesel, My 2004 does not have this sticker....

Comparing weights has to be done apples to apples I think, cant compare an 06 to an 04, max GVWR is different, apparently brakes and diff are different too, along with coil springs....

Going to Re-weigh truck, it is the only way to figure out i guess.....

Old 11-14-2011, 04:47 PM
ol-blu
Senior User
Originally Posted by ljutic ss
My 6.0 supercab shortbox 4x4 weights 7,020 with full tank and me (200) sitting in it. Pa. certified scales. Why is yours so heavy?

EXACTLY!!! This users truck is Identical to mine when it comes to accessories and add ons, why is he 800 lbs lighter???????

If its the scales that are out, there is a lot of cargo and a lot of truckers that are not being allowed to haul full loads.... But thats another thread.... Lets keep on track here....

Old 11-14-2011, 04:50 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
EXACTLY!!! This users truck is Identical to mine when it comes to accessories and add ons, why is he 800 lbs lighter???????

If its the scales that are out, there is a lot of cargo and a lot of truckers that are not being allowed to haul full loads.... But thats another thread.... Lets keep on track here....
I think you might have mentioned it, but did you buy used? If so, are there any modifications to the suspension that you might be aware of? Or does it look like there are some additions? Any bigger tires etc? I'm just spitballing here.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:58 PM
ol-blu
Senior User
Originally Posted by tex25025
I think you might have mentioned it, but did you buy used? If so, are there any modifications to the suspension that you might be aware of? Or does it look like there are some additions? Any bigger tires etc? I'm just spitballing here.

Truck is 100% stock... All Factory Suspension, factory size wheels (Duratrac,E Rated) Factory rims, Factory box, Everything is factory on this truck minus the Triple Pillar I installed..... No add-ons to see anywhere.... even have Window sticker from 2004... From what I can tell on this sheet its a run of the mill truck.....

Old 11-14-2011, 05:01 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Unless I am missing something it doesn't look like BC can impound your vehicle if it is overweight.

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bcl...xml#section251

Old 11-14-2011, 05:09 PM
ol-blu
Senior User
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
Unless I am missing something it doesn't look like BC can impound your vehicle if it is overweight.

Motor Vehicle Act

Cant Speak for what the paperwork says, just on the experiences that have occured... Must be like the issue we are having, got to read way between the lines...

What does section 148 cover? This shows a lot but not all of the laws description....

Quick Reply: THE ONLY REASON I HATE FORD!!!!!!!!!!