Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

Need NOV thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 05:28 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Good Saturday morning to my northern neighbors!

Looks like most of the east is going to have a beautiful day today!!!

Looking forward to next Saturday as it is the opening day of Whitetail gun season here in Indiana...my daughter has already scored on a nice doe a few weeks ago during a special youth only season...now dad gets to take my gun with her and God willing...we'll both harvest a deer together and form more memories...she wants a buck of her own...and I just want her to connect again...I've killed well over 30 in my lifetime...now I'm passing along my passion to her and she is willing to accept it...which is great dad/daughter bonding time...

Oh yeah...don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight!!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Joe.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Congrats to your daughter Joe, sounds like she already may have the passion. Our season starts the following Tuesday I will be in my blind in the UP and hoping to see the 12 point that has been spotted show up.

Pray that all the hunters have a great harvest and safe season.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup Luke cant wait till Opening Day He is ready !

Boy was it nice today ......

Old 11-06-2011, 05:34 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Good morning Michigan!

So much for an extra hour of sleep...haha...

Originally Posted by Toyman
Congrats to your daughter Joe, sounds like she already may have the passion. Our season starts the following Tuesday I will be in my blind in the UP and hoping to see the 12 point that has been spotted show up.

Pray that all the hunters have a great harvest and safe season.
Yeah...she has the passion...which is awesome...

I'm not used to seeing this...so I snapped a photo of Zoe practicing shooting yesterday...she wanted to shoot one more time before opening weekend...Like I said she has already harvested a nice doe earlier in year during a special youth only season...but as she is shooting and I look down...I'm not used to seeing PAINTED fingernails on my shooting partners!...not that there's anything wrong with it...I'm just not used to it!

Based on her shooting skills...I'm very confident if the deer give us the opportunity...Zoe will connect again...the deer just have to show up to the party!...the rut should be in full swing down here this week...so we'll catch some of the rut next weekend...which always increases your chance of a nice buck doing something he wouldn't normally do...be out during the daytime...

Good luck to you and all the hunters out there...be safe and shoot straight!

Have a great day today...I'll be flying west later today for the week...

Joe.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
Yes so far for the extra hr of sleep no one told my Brain this ,,,and I am up at the same time anyway.

Luke was out last night as well and seen some more, I think this will be a good Year for Hunters

We are currently looking for a different gun for Luke ...but Jays is so out of whack on some of their prices gezzzz..its not a must have right this moment but just looking.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:05 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Jasmin,

What type of gun are you looking for?...rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader?...curious...

Down here in Indiana...as you know it is shotgun only...well other than handgun calibers in rifles...I got Zoe a Marlin 1894 lever action rifle chambered in .44 mag...a very nice gun...actually nicer than any of mine! LOL...it sure wasn't cheap I'll tell you that...

Joe.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
He needs a Left handed either a 30-06 or a 270 semi auto or Bolt

Old 11-06-2011, 07:34 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good morning everyone, did you get all those clocks turned back? What a pain!!

Old 11-06-2011, 07:48 AM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
lol did just now .... thanks for reminding me ......

Old 11-06-2011, 09:44 PM
greenmachinejohn
Senior User
Spotted a nice spike buck about 50 yards off walking away. Grunted a little he circled back and gave me a good look at him. He wandered away and I grunted again and got him to come right back. To small to shoot. Let them go so they can grow!

Old 11-07-2011, 06:46 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well.. nothing at my blind.. they all come in at night, seen signs about 100 yards tot eh SOuth of my blind, moved the blind there Sunday. Saw a Massive buck Saturday sitting in a guys front yard.. WTF..they were still taveling in their bacholor groups.. no rut there yet. Woods and water projects Rut to start next week in the LP, Sadly it started in the UP Oct 31st, I believe it should be dwindling when Rich gets there, that sucks..here is a picture of One of the guys that comes to visit at night.

Attached Images  
Old 11-07-2011, 07:37 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Morning Michigan!

Well I'm on the leftist coast in SoCal again this week...I'll be out here all week...I fly home on Friday and then Saturday morning I'll be in the woods with Zoe chasing her second deer of the year and my first for this year!...good luck all you hunters!!!

Have a great week everyone.

Joe.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Hoping there will still be some activity up there when I get there. I have a few tricks up sleeves to bring them back in. The blinds are being bated so that is a good start.

Still talk of the big boy up there, I just need to lure him back in. On top of that the word is that they are seeing deer everyday when baiting, so hopefully the Wolves will be in another area this year.

Happy Monday Michigan!!

Old 11-07-2011, 08:25 AM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
Yeah cuz I've heard that wolves will raid your cooler. And that's just SO not cool!

Old 11-07-2011, 09:41 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Morning Michigan!

Well I'm on the leftist coast in SoCal again this week...I'll be out here all week...I fly home on Friday and then Saturday morning I'll be in the woods with Zoe chasing her second deer of the year and my first for this year!...good luck all you hunters!!!

Have a great week everyone.

Joe.

That is just so cool.. I have taken my oldest out with me, we saw nothing.. correction, I saw nothing, my oldest saw Indians, Elephants, lions, bears, deer and so on..Yeah, it was fun..

Quick Reply: Need NOV thread