Offenhauser heating plate

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 02:42 PM
HoustonDave
Fleet Mechanic
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
Last I talked to him Dave had SS plates available - he had also said he was planning on some mild steel plates (for substantially less, I believe about $65 shipped or $60 out the door) and I am waiting for them to be done. I am in no rush so I have not pushed him.

my impression is that Offy made the bolt pattern in their manifold to match the Ford manifold so the same heater plate would work on either - can someone verify that?

Old 06-08-2015, 02:58 PM
AbandonedBronco
Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts
Offenhauser designed the bolt pattern to match up to the top of the stock exhaust manifold (which is where heat was originally sourced from). So yes, the heat plate will bolt to the bottom of the Offenhauser.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:26 PM
hillcountryflt
Fleet Mechanic
Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts
I just received the SS version. Paid $118 and may not even use it here in Texas. I did use it as a pattern to create a cover out of sheetmetal that I will use initially.
Still not sure how well the top side bolts (they go all the way through) will seal up if I decide to use the heating plate.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:57 PM
BaronVonAutomatc
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just run a bead of RTV around the mounting base on the intake and it will seal fine.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:57 PM
Zee '81 F-100
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no idea if anyone is still looking for heat plate for Offenhauser intake for 300 i6. I am located in PA and I am working on my engine right now. I could not find anyone who makes them except Raso Enterprises. They are located in Canada and I had a pleasure to talk to Frank from Raso. He is really responsive through email. Their website says right now that you can pre-order them, however I talked to Frank this morning and he have 5 of them in stock it just takes a while to update the web.
Once again the company web: Raso Enterprises Store and in the search box just type KIT0008.
I am not related to this company and I am not making any money of of this write up.
I am just really excited to find this part. I will able to make a heat plate myself but it will cost me probably a little more because basic Raso kit cost 64$.
Oh and another thing shipping cost me only 8 bucks because Frank said he can ship it from upstate NY.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:49 PM
Bigcjsbronco
5th Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the info ZEE! I'm doing my build right now and thanks to this thread and some others I learned about the importance of this heater plate on the Offy C. Was very happy to hear someone is still making these as I don't have welding equipment to build one myself.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:37 AM
auto parts headache
New User
Originally Posted by BigJim4x4
Hey guys,

Been reading this site for a while, plus the fordsix dot com and others.

I've got an 82 Bronco, 300 (now a 306) I-6, T-18, BW1354, 3.50 gears.

Just had the motor entirely rebuilt, rebuild kit by Grumpy's out of Oregon. "gasket set wasn't great", RV cam, bored .040 over, EFI exhausts. Still not in the Bronco, but plans are to get an Offenhauser DP, and either a Holley 390, or Edelbrock 500.

I've read here that someone builds and sells the heating plate for the Offy's / Clifford intakes. I checked out the website Fordblue dot com, but that's down, and saw someone knows how to get in contact via email. Could you provide me the email, as I want to get the stud kit and plate so that when I get everything together, I'll be ready to bolt it in and go!

Jim
Ferndale, WA

Formerly from
Walled Lake, MI
Seriously think about a Volley 4bbl Economaster 450cfm spreadbore mech secondary. As another carb choice for your combo: kits still available, economical carbs with a rorty performance feel with the secondaries open on a big L6, especially with dual port offy manifold, I think with a good carb you'd be very happy with this model choice & potential to get some great cruise mpg's too. Don't forget to recurve/quicken the distributors advance curve..especially just off idle to about 2,500rpm to match the cam.
Cheers APH.

Old 10-11-2019, 11:29 AM
HoustonDave
Fleet Mechanic
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
I bought mine from this guy:
David Chapman
713-937-0387
Housing Suppliers
Got it in 2015 , don't know if he is still doing them. To be honest, have yet to hook it up (though it is installed) - today is the coolest it has been. Barely below 50. Up to now it has run great without it. Guess I also need to think about doing anti-freeze in the next few weeks too!

Old 06-17-2022, 07:06 PM
Elduderino
1st Gear
I would like to buy a Heating plate

Can you email me please? I would like to buy a heating plate
atomicsocialclubstudio@gmail.com

Originally Posted by F-250 restorer
Guilty! I'm the guy who had the truckmeblue site. There just wasn't enough demand for the parts to keep the business going. I still make the odd heating plate for forum members, but most guys run for the hills when I tell them the price. The materials for the manifold cost me over $50, with 1/4" or 5/16" plate, steel tubing, elbows and hose fittings, paint, drill bits, welding wire.... It also takes about 3 hours labor, and I was charging $85, and that includes shipping.

The stud kits cost $45, all grade 8, with crimp nuts and washers.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:33 PM
Dipstik86
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Elduderino
Can you email me please? I would like to buy a heating plate
atomicsocialclubstudio@gmail.com

Originally Posted by F-250 restorer
Guilty! I'm the guy who had the truckmeblue site. There just wasn't enough demand for the parts to keep the business going. I still make the odd heating plate for forum members, but most guys run for the hills when I tell them the price. The materials for the manifold cost me over $50, with 1/4" or 5/16" plate, steel tubing, elbows and hose fittings, paint, drill bits, welding wire.... It also takes about 3 hours labor, and I was charging $85, and that includes shipping.

The stud kits cost $45, all grade 8, with crimp nuts and washers.
um this thread is years old dude. They're not selling them anymore just build your own. I built mine in like an hour

Old 11-21-2022, 09:33 AM
Pip1972
Trailering
ADMIN

Admin,

This guy is as helpful as **** on a hog. He first stated that he could make the plate in half an hour.... now he says an hour. Boot him.

Old 11-25-2022, 09:49 PM
AuroraGirl
Logistics Pro

Received 435 Likes on 382 Posts
Originally Posted by Pip1972
Admin,

This guy is as helpful as **** on a hog. He first stated that he could make the plate in half an hour.... now he says an hour. Boot him.
are you being ironic right now? because that is... im not sure i have words

Old 11-29-2022, 06:14 PM
AbandonedBronco
Yeah, I'm not sure what his deal was. Quite the tantrum for their very first post on here, and over something completely insignificant.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-17-2023, 11:29 PM
F-250 restorer
Lead Driver
Received 137 Likes on 117 Posts
Old 01-17-2023, 11:39 PM
AbandonedBronco
Heya Kevin!
That's an interesting idea, I've never seen that before.
My only thought on it is it's a one way, so you wouldn't get flow. However, maybe that gives it a more manageable heat level? Like 350° when it leaves the manifold, but at the end of the pipe, it's a more tolerable 200?

Quick Reply: Offenhauser heating plate