Notices
1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch fork boot part number

Old 06-18-2011, 11:52 AM
RRranch
Posting Guru
RRranch is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RRranch is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
clutch fork boot part number

Anyone have a ford part number for the clutch fork rubber boot on a 94 F350 zfs542 transmission? It's the last thing I need to find before putting it back in.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:31 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
DRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputation
Old 06-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Talyn
Post Fiend
Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
Green sales probably has one if you cannot find one. I'll get you the number if you need it.

Neal bought out the Clutch Fork Pivot bushings from Green sales, I believe he has 1 left, so you'll have to contact him for it.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:04 AM
RRranch
Posting Guru
RRranch is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RRranch is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There is a pivot bushing too? Mines just got a steel ball there. Am I missing something???? Crap! I asked the place I was getting my internal parts from about that boot and they said that and the pilot bearing and throwout bearing have to come from ford or another regular parts place. That's why I'm kinda lost. I found a good Ford part number for a new white rubber boot that goes on the shifter, it's actually a whole kit with the new shifter bezel upper boot and lower insulator, but the one for the fork has been eluding me. Please let me know if I'm missing something on that pivot ball. That might explain why I'm going through throwout bearings too. I've just been blaming it on bad synchros and having to hold the clutch longer than normal to shift.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:29 PM
dizzyfingers03
Senior User
dizzyfingers03 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mine doesn't have a bushing either. I was wondering the other day whether that was normal.

According to my workshop manual, the Ford P/N on the dust boot is 7513.

The manual makes no reference to a bushing. It talks about the release bearing during installation, but that's just because the fork pushes it.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/faq/949...e=stjs820r.htm

Old 06-28-2011, 12:30 PM
RRranch
Posting Guru
OK, NOW this loacl Ford dealer I used to work at is pissing me off. I just gave them the list of stuff I need and he looked it up then asked me how I'd like to pay. I said I just need the part numbers for now and I'd be in later to get them. Just a little white lie. The turd hung up on me!

So if anyone can help, I tried to look all this up on parts guy ed website but that site just sucks for finding stuff. I AM going to order it from him at the end of the week but I need the complete part numbers first. Those 4 digit ones in all the manuals aren't any help.
What I need is,
release bearing
pilot bearing
clutch fork
clutch fork boot
floor shifter boot kit ( the complete upper and lower boot with bezel and screws)
It's for a 94 F350 with the 7.3 powerstroke and zfs5-42 trans. I can't see any sense after spending 750 bucks rebuilding the transmission to not order all of this new from Ed. I'll really be ticked if that pilot goes out on me again next summer!!!
Thanks to whoever has a way to look this stuff up.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:26 PM
427 fordman
Post Fiend
427 fordman has a great reputation on FTE.427 fordman has a great reputation on FTE.427 fordman has a great reputation on FTE.427 fordman has a great reputation on FTE.427 fordman has a great reputation on FTE.
I have no idea on the numbers for you but whenever I've needed to order something from Ed and didn't know the numbers, I just asked him for the part numbers and he was great about finding them for me. Done this quite a few times, and he's never failed me yet. Parts for more than just my truck too. Send him an email if nobody can come up with your numbers.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:30 PM
dizzyfingers03
Senior User
dizzyfingers03 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Call a ford dealer you've worked with before (maybe another state?) Tell them you're trying to order the parts locally (to avoid shipping of course). But the local guys are dumb and can't find what you need in their catalog. I've done it before with mixed success.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:33 PM
RRranch
Posting Guru
I tried sending them a message on the website but it only lets me type one line. I guess I'll send a few messages so they can get it all.

I just learned a new trick on that zf42. When you are setting up the preload on the main shaft you can use the old release bearing sleeve to knock the bearing race out of the front case half. That sleeve doesn't effect anything and the race isn't pressed into the case that tight but there sure isn't any room to get a puller under it! When you know you got the shims right then put the new sleeve in the hole, with a new o ring and the oil slinger and race. Super easy. You don't have to put the shift rails on to check preload either. Just reach through one of the pto holes to line it all up so you can put a few bolts in.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:22 PM
427 fordman
Post Fiend
427 fordman has a great reputation on FTE.427 fordman has a great reputation on FTE.427 fordman has a great reputation on FTE.427 fordman has a great reputation on FTE.427 fordman has a great reputation on FTE.
Now that you mention that I think I had to do that same thing, send a few messages.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:04 PM
lisagoud
Posting Guru
lisagoud is starting off with a positive reputation.
E7TZ-7513A---clutch fork boot

Old 03-31-2014, 09:50 PM
Talyn
Post Fiend
Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
the pivot point is a little ball thing.

They are hard to find.

I believe Neal Sawyer has a spare. I had to order mine from Green Sales.
Neal bought all they had left after I posted about it.