Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POPS PERFORMANCE RIP OFF

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:19 PM
jnelson021
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually don't know any of these other guys. I stumbled onto this thread when I couldn't get a hold of him. I made a deposit in December, he said it would be about 6 months because of the lead time to get the heads. I had spoke with him on numerous occasions and he had said he had the short block parts but still waitng on the heads. It has been a couple of months since we spoke last, but now his phones are disconnected and he hasn't answered my e-mail. His website is still up but none of the contact info is any good.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:53 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Thats fishy that the guys contact info is no good. Not that I condone it, but maybe try a "fake" email account, "wanting to buy" lots of parts?

I would go to the cops though, I had a similar situation happen with some electronics. I contacted the RCMP up here, and they were able to press charges cause the person never followed through with their end of the contract, believe they pressed fraud? charges? Doesnt matter, its irrelevant the charges, just contact the local authorities.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:19 PM
deljac
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would go to the authorities. sounds like theft by deception. good luck

Old 11-23-2011, 05:47 PM
KTANNER36
New User
My daddy ordered parts in april the amount was 7,952.00. He paid in full months go buy, he speaks to dennis several different times, always another excuse, now there closed, we are in a neighboring state, he made a trip up there, spoke to the son he stated that his mom and dad were getting divorced and he was trying to get the buisness straightened out. He gave my dad his word that he would take care of the parts, he did sent some, now there is still 4,000.00. now the son says that dennis will have to take care of the other. my dad called the district attorney there the number is 502-696-5300.
If everyone would call maybe we can get this guy, that is nothing short of stealing!!!
please reply if you all have any questions!!!

Old 11-23-2011, 06:36 PM
jnelson021
Senior User
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>jack
sorry about the confusion.we are moving our shop and the phone people had things confused.our new number is up and working(270 360-0442).the last i spoke with bill coon was that the heads are being machined now,so they should be ready soon.our shop will not be up and running until the end of next week,so bare with us.i will probably see bill at the all ford show coming this weekend in columbus ohio,so i hope to find out more then.thanks and if you need anything call the new number.you may have to leave a message because we are at the other shop tearing down equipment,talk to you soon.
dennis
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This is an e-mail I recieved from Dennis yesterday, I still haven't been able to reach him on the phone so I still have no real answers.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:40 PM
jnelson021
Senior User
KTANNER36 I have spoke to the District Attorney and he did mention your dads complaint. He is sending me a complaint form and I will be sending him all my information next week.

Old 11-25-2011, 12:21 PM
KTANNER36
New User
@ Jnelson021
Thanks for calling maybe we can recovery some of our money or parts at least. you can email me directly at ktanner36@gmail.com, were we can communicate more. Dad is calling him back today I will keep you posted on what is said, there are several more people that have been done this way. My dad works hard for his money and its really upsets me people will take advantage like this. I don't believe in theft!!!!!! Dennis can write emails all day but coming through I have no faith!! It's been almost a year for you hopefully statues wont run out. Please stay in touch and lets get our money or part's!! Also I mentioned in the other message that my dad took off work drove up there to find the business about empty, there was a guy there that knew the situation and that's how dad found out about the new business and this number that you've got. We have tried this several times, we also have his personal cell phone but he will not answer it!!! very fishy!!!!

Old 11-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has any of this transpired threw internet sales ? If so contact the FBI that DA may help you but the FBI will push the issue further! Only fair seeing he knows to use them as a threat, seeing the first post. This guy seams to need to be taken in the back 40 and shown his own .38 to have a moment of clarity. Good luck guys with the talk of divorce sounds like all his money has be buried already.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Plain Jane
Senior User
If I can give you a little "layman legal advice" here:
1. stop making threats. We have freedom of speech and most threats fall under that freedom (unless there is a pattern of verbal abuse or the threat is acted upon). However, it is simply not a good way to get what you want.
2. saying someone is a "crook" is slander
3. writing that someone is a "crook" is libel.
(we live in an overly litigious age and you are better off just not going there)
So that is what not to do.
What I would do if I were you:
1. Have all your receipts from Pop's
2. Have all of your other documentation re: exactly what it is that Pop's was supposed to deliver for the amount of money reflected in the receipts.
3. Find some way of identifying others to whom this has happened @ Pop's.
(A web site titled "Non delivery of goods from Pop's automotive" or something similar would be effective since people could find the site when searching under "Pop's automotive" and post their horror stories as well. But you must stick to the facts or the web site would simply be filled with libelous statements.)
4. after you get a sufficient number of people who also have their receipts and have not received their products you have a case against pops because this would show a pattern of fraudulent behavior, i.e. taking money, promising goods, failing to deliver and refusing to refund.
5. If you are going to post on various automotive enthusiast websites about your experience with Pops stick to the facts of your experience, leave out the accusations and conclusions. Ask if anyone else has had a similar experience with Pops and get that person's contact information if possible. (again to show a pattern of fraudulent behavior on the part of Pop's)
6. Be aware that if you are not located in Kentucky this is not a case for the state authorities, it is a case that falls under federal jurisdiction since they enforce the rules of interstate commerce.
also note: the difference between "fraud" and "hypocrisy" is that fraud has a legalized definition and hypocrisy is a personal perception. So leave the notion that Pop's claims to be "Christian" business out. Your not going to make any friends going around trying to define what the behavior of a "Christian" business should be.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:16 PM
traxx808
Senior User
..........WOW............am i glad i don't have too deal with a shop like this. i feel sorry for the 1's that have. good luck to all that have put money up front to this guy and got the run around. i would definitly be f--king pissed off 2 had i put up money and got nothing. i wouldn't know what too do, except for the fact i probably would snap and do something i would regret later on.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:07 AM
KTANNER36
New User
Thumbs down

Thanks for the support, hopefully we can get somethign done. I will NOT quit until somethign happens. My dad works hard and it really makes me angry for people to take advantage of other's.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:15 AM
nikwave
Senior User
i was looking for pops website when i saw the "pops rip off" and something in my memory banks went ups!
last year i bought a set of cylinder heads from them and i took almost three months after calling several times to get them.when i received them they were damaged because they put the two iron cylinder heads in a cardboard box and shipped here to hawaii.i called dennis and he told me that he fired the guy that packed the heads.then it took a few more months to get the heads fixed but he did.they arrived i good shape,assembled,but i noticed they were not cleaned thoroughly,when i lifted one of the heads iron shavings pour out of the water jackets.i knew something was not going well on that machine shop.still i was happy i had them.then a few months after that i bought a crank spacer from pops through ebay,that one came really fast.
so my feelings are that dennis is going through some hard times,whatever that is,and hopefully he can get things back in track soon.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Roger T. Pipe
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with what Sidewinder 4.9 said....try to locate a member close by in KY and just *maybe* something can be worked out. Perhaps a friendly (no guns a-blazin') visit from a member can get this cleared up. Granted, Pops sounds like an a$$ hole, but I'd be nicey-nice since he's basically holding 4k hostage.
Once you are made whole, be it in either a refund-type situation or you actually get your goods, then go to the internet and just state the truth about him. As other posters above have stated, be careful with the threats and slander, as tempting as they sound, they'll work out against you, and YOU are not the bad guy here.
Trust me, these guys are EVERYWHERE and in EVERY hobby! Try dealing with the guys in the coin-op hobby! This is another one of my hobbies (35+ years worth). They have lying and stealing down to a science. Yup, I'm generalizing-but its the truth.
In closing, I have a friend who live in Paris, KY...if you PM me, maybe I can have him intervene on your behalf?
Best of luck to you and, oh-Welcome to the forum!
Roger

Old 01-09-2012, 10:48 PM
la67flat4
Freshman User
That's why I build my own stuff, no matter what it is. Too many people get hosed every day. I've had it happen to me too.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:13 AM
fosgate forever
Senior User
Originally Posted by la67flat4
That's why I build my own stuff, no matter what it is. Too many people get hosed every day. I've had it happen to me too.
Sadly you still need to buy parts to do your own work, thats where these guys were ripped off. It could happen to anyone. People like this need to be taught a man lesson.

Quick Reply: POPS PERFORMANCE RIP OFF