Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Oil drip from? Video

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 08:07 PM
WA_PSD
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Oil drip from? Video

Sorry in advance for the poor video. I'm hoping someone might have an idea as far as where my oil leak may be coming from. It's not bad at all, just a drip or 2 a day and I don't need to add ANY oil, just pisses me off that I have to park in the gravel. The guy I bought the truck from said when I asked him about it that it's been a drip a day truck from almost day 1 (original owner). Maybe I'll try some pics tomorrow.
Also I took a picture of a small amount of oil near my turbo. Is this normal for a 9 yr old truck that has never been steam cleaned? http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q_fcbnSAlk

Old 05-03-2011, 08:12 PM
WA_PSD
Tuned
Old 05-03-2011, 08:34 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
For one or two drops a day, my money is on some loose boots leaking due to the CCV gases. Check the hose clamps on the 2 orange boots and see if they are loose. the one on the passenger side usually is.

Of course your boots don't look orange now because they're covered with that oily sludge. If you notice the blue and black rubber coupler (boots) on the silver pipes on your engine, they connect to an X shaped piece. The two rubber couplers (boots) on the bottom half of that X piece are orange. Use some simple green on a rag and wipe things up and you'll see. Then check the clamps on the orange and the blue and black boots. Not too tight because you don't want to break something, but good and snug. Follow those big silver pipes up toward the radiator and you'll find 2 more boots down low. Tighten those too, but be careful since they clamp on to a plastic part.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:16 PM
WA_PSD
Tuned
Originally Posted by F350-6
For one or two drops a day, my money is on some loose boots leaking due to the CCV gases. Check the hose clamps on the 2 orange boots and see if they are loose. the one on the passenger side usually is.

Of course your boots don't look orange now because they're covered with that oily sludge. If you notice the blue and black rubber coupler (boots) on the silver pipes on your engine, they connect to an X shaped piece. The two rubber couplers (boots) on the bottom half of that X piece are orange. Use some simple green on a rag and wipe things up and you'll see. Then check the clamps on the orange and the blue and black boots. Not too tight because you don't want to break something, but good and snug. Follow those big silver pipes up toward the radiator and you'll find 2 more boots down low. Tighten those too, but be careful since they clamp on to a plastic part.
OK, i'll check the hose clamps. Thanks