1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

pictures finally

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Mercury Bluz
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool truck Jim

Keep up the good work, and remember it's YOUR truck! Do it YOUR way

Old 04-15-2011, 09:09 PM
zombiefied 247
Senior User
it's all the way you want it to be don't let anyone tell you how you want you'r truck to be do it you'r way. the individuality is what its all about. don't worry about the ones that don't like it they have not a clue on what you or you'r truck are about. Nice truck by the way

Old 04-15-2011, 10:59 PM
AmericanROCKBREAD!
Senior User
Good looking truck Jim, I can only hope to see the day when mine looks as good as yours!!

Joe

Old 04-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Jimmy, glad to see you put them back up! Keep on working and post pics with you progress

Old 04-15-2011, 11:07 PM
joe black
Junior User
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
Well guys im pullin my pictures. First, I thought we were her to encourage the novice (me). The Truck is far from done like I said, I love My truck and it looks just like I want it to look. The underlying fire wall is clean and patched, there is no bondo patches all welded patches ,the inteieror is temp it will be done in leather yes probably diamond tuck , and i havent payed someone to do it for me. At least IM a paying member to this forum.JOE, WORDS HURT ALOT im very discouraged, but i will finish My truck the way I want. you yust wont see it. God bless you ( I dont want no trailer queen) thanks for the nice coments to the other guys ( JIMMY)
jimmy jimmy lighten up man dont be so hysterical about all this bs. i am a judge for the kc mo goodguys event in kc and have 2 trucks of my own that have trophys. i just call them as i was trained to do, you have a very nice truck wit the exceptions mentioned and could never possibly be consideredfor apoint truck .. but this is meant to be constructive critism and should help you want to improve on it.
now before this suck wad marvy 49 rips me apart as he says i really think he will need to get up a little earlier before he attempts that little venture. now man up and quit whining to these characters and tell me to f off and fix that truck however you want. just remember the consequences of having a nice truck with that attire you have on it,, be prepared for a lot of insults and from reading your posts you may not be manly enough to handle it.. no more messages do as you will, just please protect me from 49,

Old 04-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Dano78
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can anyone kick that jerk out of the forums?? That was totally uncalled for. Have some freakin respect. everyone is entitled to an opinion but exercise decency when you express it.

Anyways, Thanks for deciding to share the phoits again. IN MY OPINION, you've got a great start there. Hell... start... you're about 10 miles ahead of me at this point. Nice clean, straight truck and it looks like you're takin care of the minor rust issues. At least you are also abe to enjoy the truck (drive it) while you work on it! That's more than i can say. As far as the interior... that guy is a moron. Diamond tuck is on the way back in. When my friend Scott gets the upholstery in his '64 Chevy Pu finished up, I'll snap some photos of it. It's got diamond tuck all over it and it looks SHARP! He's going with a 60s theme on his truck and that's the way HE wants it. The crowd he mostly runs with has interiors of similiar design and let me tell you.... it is popular!
So this clown doesn't know what he talking about and ought to stick to his Starbucks crowd on Mustang tuner night. Hey Joe- Better get some Altezzas for your F150... you know, since thats what everyone else does.

Bottom line... built it YOUR way. As long as you enjoy it, doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. At least you are doing the work yourself... Capt. Opinion probably drops his junk off to have someone else work on it. Hence the lack of respect tward hard work. You'll run into more clowns like him, the industry is full of them, but don't let it discourage you a bit. Keep up the good work and keep them photos commin!!

Old 04-15-2011, 11:15 PM
joe black
Junior User
Originally Posted by Dano78
Can anyone kick that jerk out of the forums?? That was totally uncalled for. Have some freakin respect. everyone is entitled to an opinion but exercise decency when you express it.

Anyways, Thanks for deciding to share the phoits again. IN MY OPINION, you've got a great start there. Hell... start... you're about 10 miles ahead of me at this point. Nice clean, straight truck and it looks like you're takin care of the minor rust issues. At least you are also abe to enjoy the truck (drive it) while you work on it! That's more than i can say. As far as the interior... that guy is a moron. Diamond tuck is on the way back in. When my friend Scott gets the upholstery in his '64 Chevy Pu finished up, I'll snap some photos of it. It's got diamond tuck all over it and it looks SHARP! He's going with a 60s theme on his truck and that's the way HE wants it. The crowd he mostly runs with has interiors of similiar design and let me tell you.... it is popular!
So this clown doesn't know what he talking about and ought to stick to his Starbucks crowd on Mustang tuner night. Hey Joe- Better get some Altezzas for your F150... you know, since thats what everyone else does.

Bottom line... built it YOUR way. As long as you enjoy it, doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. At least you are doing the work yourself... Capt. Opinion probably drops his junk off to have someone else work on it. Hence the lack of respect tward hard work. You'll run into more clowns like him, the industry is full of them, but don't let it discourage you a bit. Keep up the good work and keep them photos commin!!
where did this 2006 f150 come from. totally false,, 2010 chevy silverado ,,no 150 thanks guys

Old 04-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Dano78
Elder User
Originally Posted by joe black
i am a judge for the kc mo goodguys event in kc and have 2 trucks of my own that have trophys.
Were they the only trucks there?.. or were the others towed in?

i just call them as i was trained to do, you have a very nice truck wit the exceptions mentioned and could never possibly be consideredfor apoint truck ..
Yeah you need to add piles of nasty billet, altezzas, and other catalog, bolt-on skill-less goodies. You know like a JC Whitney catalog BARFED on your truck or something...

but this is meant to be constructive critism and should help you want to improve on it.
Consider the source... Mr. "I have 2 trophys"... pffffttt

now before this suck wad marvy 49 rips me apart as he says i really think he will need to get up a little earlier before he attempts that little venture.
Tag team now, buckwheat.

now man up and quit whining to these characters and tell me to f off and fix that truck however you want. just remember the consequences of having a nice truck with that attire you have on it,, be prepared for a lot of insults and from reading your posts you may not be manly enough to handle it.. no more messages do as you will, just please protect me from 49,
The only consequence you're gonna have is being accused of being one of the sheep and bowing to the narrow minds of these so-called "judges". Real Customs/Rods are meant to be driven....not shown.

AS for your truck, Joe, Update your profile.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:42 PM
joe black
Junior User
Originally Posted by Mervy49
Hey Jim, don't even give that guy a second thought, We all really appreciate what you are doing with your truck so don't let joe blow ruin it for you. When I saw that post first I was 'gonna give'em a real good ripping'. If that is his opinion, so be it, but, I guarantee he won't get any cooperation from any of us, ever, especially me. So...don't worry about that. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your truck.
hi mervy, thought maybe you could help a brother fte member,question,,,,i looked at a 49 m47 and on the inside door it has 2 handles, i think one is to open the door but have no ides about the other one , looked and looked but cant find the button to push for the power windows. any help would be appreciated thanks again your buddy joe r. black

Old 04-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Dano78
Elder User
mervy- I think we may be having a shared situation here. There's this guy sittin in this 49 m47 and he's making these weird gestures and faces. I can barely hear him. I think he's saying that he can't roll the window down. Also says he some kind of Goodguys Judge or something. (doesn't surprise me...) I'm trying to tell him to use the handle with the round **** but he keeps looking for a button or something. Looks like he's turning red and sweatin a bit more now. I'd tell him to use the other handle and open the door but figured at this point I'd better not, and spare humanity.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Hey Joe!! I think a lot of us just might decide to bring our trucks up to KC there and let you judge them personally. So what do you think guys? How about we all just get a little convoy together and let ole joe here give us his "expert" opinion about our rides in person?

Old 04-16-2011, 12:35 AM
hotfalcoon
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
where did this 2006 f150 come from. totally false,, 2010 chevy silverado ,,no 150 thanks guys
Joe the 2006 F-150 came from your own public profile which you posted yourself.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:24 AM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
black ball black

this guy is something. cutting down other folks trucks ain't what we do here. IF YOU CAN'T HELP GET OUT OF THE WAY !!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 02:01 AM
lexcoe
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is it even worth wasting all this time over somebody who clearly doesnt get it, and should stick to driving a 2006?

Old 04-16-2011, 02:06 AM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts
WOW WHAT UP WITH NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON JIMS TRUCK?????
Hey Jim I looked at your pictures when your first posted that thread.I loved it.
My girl was sittng next to me as I looked at your pics.
The diamond tuck is exactly what I want indside my truck ecxept in white.RODZ interiors have the diamond tuck i want for 40 dollars a yard I think its a deal.
Keep the good work.
IF WE ALL JOINED FTE TO GET A TROPHY.....I AM FU@#ED!!!!!@

Quick Reply: pictures finally