1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Stoped by the law

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 08:43 AM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, I wish the guy who pulled me over in my Fiero just wanted to check it out. It all ended well though as he gave me a "well deserved" warning. Sorry to hear about the leg, but you're correct in trying to put it all behind you in order to keep moving forward.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:20 AM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad you are able to talk about it and forgive and move on, I almost lost my right leg in Vietnam but with 3 surguries thay were able to save it but after 40 years it still causes alot of pain but I do get around ok most of the time so I'm glad of that, keep on hanging in there and doing the great work you have done on your truck. You say your bored, GET ANOTHER TRUCK TO REBUILD, Garry

Old 04-10-2011, 09:32 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Originally Posted by arrowheadfred
..... My ex wife sure give him hell. GOD BLESS HER !!!!
Man, you just don't hear that very often!

The company I work for has a very good safety record and they beat it into us that we are to stop anyone we see doing something unsafe. The times I've worked industrial construction I've seen some doozies. On a big boiler job the union hall sent out a guy with two mechanical hands, a boilermaker. I thought, what a testament to the need to work safe, I figured he lost them in some construction accident. The super told me No, he lost them fishing! How?! Well, he and some buddies were out at night tossing dynamite into the lake to stun the fish to make it easy. He held onto a stick too long and blew off one hand. What happened to the other one?! HE DID IT AGAIN!!

Old 04-10-2011, 09:44 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
I'm safety guy, I spend a lot of time in heavy construction and industrial situations and I have seen my share, and stopped my share of ugly situations.

I had a cop pull up next to me at a light right after I got my truck on the road. He asked if I was fixing it up, etc. As the light turned green he mentioned to me that I should consider adding a license plate light then drove away. I turned the truck around and went back to the parts store...

Bobby

Old 04-10-2011, 02:02 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 289 Likes on 199 Posts
I just completed another safety class,OSHA 30.I am constantly amazed by the number of people who will not get on board with better safety standards .They sneer,and believe their experience/beliefs/knowledge trumps all,even with facts right before their eyes.As an example,of the 12 in our class,I was the only one who did not have tinnitus,ringing in the ears.I expressed my astonishment at the fact,they expressed astonishment I didn't have any problems with it. This,despite the fact that some of them had only been in construction 5-10 years,me 25 years.I use earplugs.They even insisted,with their problems,sitting in a safety class,they thought the problems were overstated.

Dale,glad you survived,and thrived,and are around to tell the tale.I admire your lack of anger/bitterness toward that guy,don't know if I could do the same.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:51 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
safty

23 years of working shutdowns i have seen it all. I was the guy that would unplug your grinder if you didn't have a sheild on. Its the other guy you got to be careful around. I can't go around being mad at the world just because of one persons mistake. THAT WHY THEY CALL IT A ACCIDENT. He didn't mean to do it and i lived to meet my grandson . Everything happens for a reason. So yall go to work 2mor. and remember SAFETY FIRST !!!!!! THANKS TO ALL MY DEAR FRIENDS ON FTE. GOD BLESS !!!!!!

Last edited by arrowheadfred; 04-10-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: MISSPELLED THE MOST IMPORTANT WORD
Old 04-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Hey Arrowhead, Where you out trying to get the visor to blow off again and that's why the cop pulled you over...

I know a guy that lost his left foot... It was crushed by a backhoe... When ever he's asked about that happened to his foot, He say that is how he paying to build his '34 Ford 3 window... by the time he's finished he's expecting it will have costed him an "arm & a leg"...

Glad to here you made your passed the anger... And I'm not trying to make light of what had happened to you I just always liked the way this guy looked at what had happeded to him...