2011 F-150 FX4 - New Owner here - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150

2011 F-150 FX4 - New Owner here

Old 04-04-2011, 07:34 PM
NJ04SS
New User
NJ04SS is starting off with a positive reputation.
2011 F-150 FX4 - New Owner here

Hey All, Just picked up a 2011 Ford F-150 FX4. I love it. The truck exceeded my expectations. My familys owned numerous Fords over the year, and this blows away the 2001 F-150 that was in my family...Just a few questions because I never owned a pickup truck myself before...

Any opinions on where to order and what type of tonneau cover to order?

I don't want a full fiberglass hard tonneau cover, but I don't want the snap on type either. I was looking at the soft tonneau that rolls up, and its still secure?

Also, any opinions on where to order a brush guard/grill guard? Looking for something simple - nothing expensive.

Are there any good aftermarket websites - where I can look around for accessories ect? No I am not talking about stick on hood scoops - I mean lights, towing accessories ect? I have used Stylin Trucks and they were good for Vent Visors ect.

I'm sorry if some of this comes off stupid, I am new to trucks, new to the aftermarket websites and I greatly appreciate all the help.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:52 PM
efx4
Posting Guru
efx4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.efx4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Extang and Truxedo makes nice soft tonneau covers of many different styles and prices. I have bought many accessories online from autoanything.com with no problems and quick deliveries. It's good to wait for the free delivery deals.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:45 AM
svt2205
Posting Guru
svt2205 has a good reputation on FTE.svt2205 has a good reputation on FTE.svt2205 has a good reputation on FTE.
Welcome to a great site and congrats on the new FX4.

How secure are you expecting a soft tonneau cover to be? If someone wants in, they can get in. But that's true with any cover. Myself, I've had great luck with a Truxedo Low Pro QT. I kept the one I used on my 07 and now have it on my 11 FX4. I'm sure you'd be very pleased with this cover or one of the other well known brands.

I've used autoanything for some stuff to. I'm sure there are other good choices. Do some reading thru this site and other Ford truck sites. I'm sure you'll quickly learn who to avoid.

Now, you can't come here and tell us you bought a new truck without spilling all of the details. Or better yet, posting a photo. We all enjoy seeing new trucks and hearing about them.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:33 AM
soundwave
Elder User
soundwave is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just avoid buying the cover from a chain retail store. They seem like they're all junk

Old 04-05-2011, 09:42 AM
MCDavis
Post Fiend
MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
Congrats on the new truck! We definitely needs some pictures though.

I can vouch for the Truxedo line of covers. I have their economy model, the TruXport, on my '06 and I'm very pleased with it. It's velcro, no snaps, manual adjustment, and can only be unlatched if the tailgate is down. So with a locking tailgate you have some "security" but really a knife would allow for easy access.
Here's a link to my thread about it:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...installed.html

Old 04-05-2011, 08:43 PM
NJ04SS
New User
Thanks everyone for the tips and the warm welcome.

Here she is............

She's a 2011 Ford F-150 FX4, FX4 Plus Package, Sunroof, Backup Camera, 20" Rims, 5.0. I love it. I can't wait to
put some miles on this thing.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:45 PM
NJ04SS
New User
and a pic of my other Ford (Not the Explorer)

Last edited by NJ04SS; 04-05-2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Not the Explorer*
Old 04-05-2011, 11:09 PM
bronco840
New User
bronco840 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice, I just pick one up this weekend also. I got the 5.0. This truck is awsome. Picking up a cover Friday and Rino lining the bed. The 5.0 is a great running engine. I drove it home over 300 miles and got 14.5 MPG.Should have been more im sure but man this truck would not stay off the 95 MPH rev limiter. Awsome power and great ride. Fords best yet in my book and that sucks for the other guys cause Ford was winning already.Not sure how to post the picks?

Old 04-06-2011, 01:25 AM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
fordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to behold
Ohh man I'm jealous. I was looking at getting a new truck actually and there was one that was exactly like yours except black but I couldn't pull the trigger. Congrats though it looks awesome!

Old 04-06-2011, 06:06 AM
Joe Finn
Elder User
Joe Finn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Great looking truck! I had an Extang Full Tilt cover on my '97 that I loved. It snaps to a frame and can open like a trunk, roll up, or be completely removed in about 15 seconds.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:11 AM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
LMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputation
The color keyed wheels look awesome on that truck. Congratulations and enjoy!

Old 04-06-2011, 07:06 AM
MCDavis
Post Fiend
MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
Awesome looking truck. I said it before on another user's truck, but those smoked 20"s are simply gorgeous.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:09 AM
MCDavis
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by NJ04SS View Post

Hey guys...what is the button on the steering column just beneath the turn signal stalk?

Old 04-06-2011, 07:09 AM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
That's the control for the power pedals Chandler. On the Platinum trucks, there's one there for the power tilt / telescopic steering column.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:10 AM
NJ04SS
New User
Thanks everyone for the compliments.

That button is for the adjustable pedals.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 F-150 FX4 - New Owner here

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: