Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need professional mechanic help...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 04:12 PM
92nite351
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just had this problem with mine last week and had to replace all the grounds and terminals, also put in new starter and battery and know she is running awsome

Old 03-05-2011, 07:13 PM
MGIBSON
New User
I love how people assume and are willing to make a diagnosis from such a little bit of info. (It is better to be thought a fool yet remain silent than it is to speak and remove all doubt) A little more info is needed here. Does it not crank, or does it not start? If I had to throw a dart, I would say starter........... but I don't have all the info I need. If you E-Mail me I will get out a service manual and talk you through it.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:26 PM
MGIBSON
New User
BTW..... the starter grounds to the block, O2 sensors will only cause a Closed Loop problem, you may need to do a voltage drop on the cables, coolant flush and T-Stat WTF?? Thumbs up to bluerebel, pro70golfer14,deeznuts822 (not these nuts here), drjoe171 who made suggestions on what you may check. Good luck dude.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:40 PM
BRay09
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MGIBSON
I love how people assume and are willing to make a diagnosis from such a little bit of info. (It is better to be thought a fool yet remain silent than it is to speak and remove all doubt) A little more info is needed here. Does it not crank, or does it not start? If I had to throw a dart, I would say starter........... but I don't have all the info I need. If you E-Mail me I will get out a service manual and talk you through it.
BTW..... the starter grounds to the block, O2 sensors will only cause a Closed Loop problem, you may need to do a voltage drop on the cables, coolant flush and T-Stat WTF?? Thumbs up to bluerebel, pro70golfer14,deeznuts822 (not these nuts here), drjoe171 who made suggestions on what you may check. Good luck dude.
So what are you trying to imply here? No on else knows what they are talking about when they post on other peoples threads?

Read post #3 by the PO. He clearly says that it tries to crank over a time or two and then will fire right up an hour or so later. E-mailing you (also called a 'Private message" or 'PM' by many) will defeat the purpose of having a forum to begin with. How are people supposed to look up information about their similar problems looking for a diagnosis if it isn't recorded to begin with?

Your not the only person on here that knows these trucks. Many people on here can help. That being said, before you go and make a fool of yourself, why dont you read the entire thread instead of skimming through it and then make your assumptions. Then maybe from there you can make a name for yourself and people will show you some respect. BTW... Welcome to FTE

Old 03-05-2011, 08:23 PM
MGIBSON
New User
BRay09, you bring up a good point that I did not think about, and I apologise. I did not think about the PM issue, but you are very right. However, I did not skim the post. "It tries to crank over a few times" means what? Nothing to me. I can't find that anywhere in Ford's troubleshooting glossary of terms. A good driver interview is the first step in diagnosing a vehicle. That is where most of the guesses are ruled out. I was not attacking anyone, just pointing out the fact that guesses are just that-guesses. I don't get here on here much, so I am not worried about respect or such. I was just trying to help the guy. Being a professional mechanic I hear crap all the time about forums, and it sometimes chaps my a** how much time I have to spend explaining to people why their "forum" or buddy is wrong. People don't like to admit when they don't know, and would rather say something than nothing. That's all. BTW I joined this forum to get info about a stroker build, and only one friendly fellow bothered to give me some advice. I try to give good advice when I give it. Sorry for the ruffled feathers.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:43 PM
BRay09
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BRay09, you bring up a good point that I did not think about, and I apologise. I did not think about the PM issue, but you are very right. However, I did not skim the post. "It tries to crank over a few times" means what? Nothing to me. I can't find that anywhere in Ford's troubleshooting glossary of terms. A good driver interview is the first step in diagnosing a vehicle. That is where most of the guesses are ruled out. I was not attacking anyone, just pointing out the fact that guesses are just that-guesses. I don't get here on here much, so I am not worried about respect or such. I was just trying to help the guy. Being a professional mechanic I hear crap all the time about forums, and it sometimes chaps my a** how much time I have to spend explaining to people why their "forum" or buddy is wrong. People don't like to admit when they don't know, and would rather say something than nothing. That's all. BTW I joined this forum to get info about a stroker build, and only one friendly fellow bothered to give me some advice. I try to give good advice when I give it. Sorry for the ruffled feathers.
Yes i agree with you 100%. But from his descriptions, whether or not they are as discriptive and through as one would like, people offer advice on what it may be. If you need to know further information... ask. Dont sit there and bash people for throwing out ideas. Most of us ask questions for further information and whether or not they want to give it is on them.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:51 PM
MGIBSON
New User

:-

Check out IATN