6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Basic Questions from a new Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 10:04 AM
surferaw
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basic Questions from a new Owner

1. I want the heater and/or air conditioner to come on when I engage the Remote Start. How can I make this happen??

2. I can't get the Cruise Control to work. I've tried everything and followed the Owner's Manual instructions. Anyone have any idea what the issue might be??

Thanks!

Old 02-27-2011, 10:42 AM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Leave hvac on auto, set to desired temp, turn off truck. When you remote start it will come on. It depends on water temp, unless you have the supplemental heat. So, if you remote start and get right ini, it wont actualy be working, because there is no hot water yet, it will slowly ramp up. Will ussually take 15 minutes to actually blow heat, needs water temp of about 130 f.
There are several other posts on this if you search.
Cruise should be a. Turned on, then b set to initiate sped you are going, light on dash will come on. I dont have new truck so maybe something changed. Are you going above 20 mph? As cruise wont set below. Just trying to help. Manuals can be dificult to interpret.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:53 AM
ctownson
Senior User
When you turn the cruise on, you should see a small light come on in the display. After that, set at the speed desired. It works the same in the 2011 as my 2008 did.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:59 AM
brmccolley
Senior User
Welcome to the site and to the new Ford 6.7

Before getting to your questions, I wanted to make sure you were aware of a helpful location to gain a lot of information on your recent purchase. In the event you've found the Ford owner's site, Official Ford, Lincoln & Mercury Owner Site | Personalized Owner Information | FLMowner.com, you may skip ahead. If not, log in your vehicle at this site for a great deal of helpful information, to include but not limited to recall notices, videos, up dated pdf format manuals, maintenance schedule and enabling the vehicle health report option. I've found this location extremely helpful and educational.

In reference to your question; 1) enabling the heater or A/C with the remote. Page 85 of the owner's manual covers the issue. The short answer is "The climate control system will condition the cabin temperature during remote start based on the outside temperature" and will automatically adjust (heat or A/C) based on temperature. The setting must have been in the "Auto" engaged position for the system to engage when remote start is used. Next the climate control display will not indicate that the rapid heat supplemental heater is engaged. My experience has been that I haven't noticed the heater/blower running or the seat heat prior to thorough warm-up, but usually I'm turning the engine on as I'm approaching the vehicle as I live in an apartment building and hate to have a running vehicle in public for any length of time.

As far as the cruise control, page 109 of the manual provides some insight in its operation and controls. I trust you've thoroughly investigated the instructions and understand its limitations, such as it will not engage at a speed below "xx", perhaps that speed limitation is 20 mph but I'm not sure. My next suspicion would be a blown fuse. Unfortunately, the owner's manual doesn't identify the location for the cruise control fuse, so I'm thinking it's connected with a second system in the fuse panel. Therefor, I'd be certain there isn't a second system affected by the possible blown fuse and identify that fuse, or look through any suspect fuses until identified. If that fails to identify the impediment, I'd next look at a brake disconnect failure. The cruise control will not engage when it senses the brakes are engaged, thereby if that sensor is broke the system will not engage. I'd suspect that if the last possibility were the case that a code would be thrown and it would show up on a vehicle history report and an dash light would illuminate. Whatever the case, please report back and let us all know what you determine the cause of the problem so we may all learn from your experience.

Best regards,

It took me a while to research and post my response and some others addressed your concerns so I apologize for perhaps repeating what others have said.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:49 PM
surferaw
New User
Thanks man!