6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Lariat vs KR

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 09:16 AM
jack_pine
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lariat vs KR

Working on ordering new truck. Have done Lariat's for the last two. This time, when adding options to the Lariat I am pretty close to the KR in price.

1.We cover the seats. We have 4 dogs and go to cabin every 3 weeks. Lots of shedding and wet paws.

2. I don't think we need the nav, though ..maybe. Have 2 portable units..

I know this call is based on a lot of personal preferences, but....

Anyone else struggle with is decision and what made you make a call one way or the other?

Old 02-26-2011, 09:31 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I never cared for the color combination of the seats in a KR. The new black KR interior would change my mind though. I do like the chrome front of the Lariat more than the painted KR but they both look nice.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:12 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
The NAV option gives much more than just navigation. There are other goodies displayed on that screen including the backup camera, Sirius options, etc. Plus I think the factory navigation is really excellent and better than having a separate device to mount/deal with.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It is all personal pref. I bought when there were few of these on the lots. If I could have waited to order etc, I would have gotten a KR with the black interior not tan. I love the KR's. I also love my Lariat. I do not have the Nav but wish I did. I like gadgets. The SYNC is nice but the Nav display is better.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:39 AM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Dogs - i would be using a canopy, with a nice bed carpet. Atleast for owet and dirty, but when clean for longer trips in the cab.
Integrated nav has several benefits.
I prefer chrome bumpers but honestly with lots of rocks ect, they mark up to, painted pieces on the lariatare lookin rough after 2 winters on my 2005. Only benefit would be kr would get rough sooner, then you could go get an aliarc or ranchhand.
Black on black interior the best, but you need to be able to keep out of the sun.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Noah2010
Junior User
I agree with Rickatic. Did not like the two tone interior. Got everthing I wanted on the Lariat Ultimate and I like the chrome package plus, it was still less money.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:21 PM
PITS
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never understood what people see in the KR although I have not seen a black one in person. I went with a black Lariat Ultimate. I think the NAV is well worth it. It is not just a map. With Travel Link you can get actual radar maps of the weather ahead of you and the cheapest gas prices and traffic conditions. The bigger screen for the back up camera is so much easier to see than the little one built into the rear view mirror.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:25 PM
jack_pine
Elder User

thanks, I will re-visit. I was sliding towards the KR but maybe for no good reason. Will also take another look at the nav.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:28 PM
jack_pine
Elder User

I do like the step bar on the KR. It seems wider, kind of like my 01 DRW. Better for mother in law and such. I don't see that as an option on the Lariat?

Also, I am not seeing the "Lariat Ultimate" as I am building, am I missing something?

Old 02-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jack_pine
I do like the step bar on the KR. It seems wider, kind of like my 01 DRW. Better for mother in law and such. I don't see that as an option on the Lariat?

Also, I am not seeing the "Lariat Ultimate" as I am building, am I missing something?
Step is the "angular" model. I believe I was able to add it to my Lariat builds online.

Lariat Ultimate package is on the Packages page for $3995!

Old 02-26-2011, 04:29 PM
jack_pine
Elder User

Originally Posted by Biggziff
Step is the "angular" model. I believe I was able to add it to my Lariat builds online.

Lariat Ultimate package is on the Packages page for $3995!
Thanks, will take a look see...........

Old 02-26-2011, 04:39 PM
chris8084
Freshman User
The one and only item that made me decide between the KR and Lariat was the chrome bumpers. If the KR came with chrome bumpers that truck would be sitting in my driveway.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Sportscraft
Elder User
As someone already mentioned, I'm not a fan of the two tone, especially if your buying black. So personally I'd go for a lariat ultimate (which is what I ordered). I would definitely get the nav too.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:11 PM
jack_pine
Elder User

Originally Posted by Sportscraft
As someone already mentioned, I'm not a fan of the two tone, especially if your buying black. So personally I'd go for a lariat ultimate (which is what I ordered). I would definitely get the nav too.
Ok, I'm there, but I still don't see the ultimate package on the ford build site?????

Old 02-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Sportscraft
Elder User
You have to select the Lariat truck, then when you get to the next step of "Select Packages" you see a button for Lariat Ultimate Package". Its an option within the lariat trimline.

Quick Reply: Lariat vs KR