6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Lariat vs KR

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 01:36 PM
jack_pine
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really appreciate the thoughts.

Big decision for us. Lot of cash, but nice truck either way. Man lariat/kr.. options....

Whew... Does anyone know when the deadline is for ordering an 11'?

Old 02-27-2011, 01:41 PM
bryced15
Senior User
Originally Posted by Biggziff
I've found one dealer that is willing to do a net/net deal on an ordered truck which means I can get a little over 10% off list, 3% holdback and rebates which on a $60K list truck is $6000 + $1800 + 3500 = $11,300 or $48,700 (not including sales tax) Sounds like you got about the same deal if your sales tax is around 8%. I don't qualify for A plan, but that would have made things easier for me!
Not to be too nosy, but what dealer are you referring to? That sounds like a super deal!

Old 02-27-2011, 01:45 PM
bryced15
Senior User
Originally Posted by jack_pine
Does anyone know when the deadline is for ordering an 11'?
Here's what i've found on ordering dates. https://www.wheels.com/fleet/referen...pDates_USA.asp

Old 02-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Hopper2
Guys the kr leather is what I like verses the two previous lariats I have owned.I have the 2010 model with every option except 20in.wheels I did not care too much about the chapparral colored seats at first but after time they grew on me.I pesonally think the quality leather on the kr is much softer and more comfortable.If i'm gonna spend 3999 for an ultimate lariat I would spend a little more for a KR.I prefer the paited bumpers over the chrome and the two tone paint is not for everyone but I like my royal red metallic with the lower accent gold. Thanks
Have you touched the KR leather in the 2011? It's not the same as previous years.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bryced15
Not to be too nosy, but what dealer are you referring to? That sounds like a super deal!
The sale manager said I could divulge the pricing, but asked me to not divulge the dealer's name for obvious reasons. It's a very large volume dealer in the northeast.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:05 PM
FourOneTons
Senior User
I've never been fond of the two-tone King Ranch features, so I went for the two-tone Lariat Limited Edition seats. Even though I didn't know I was getting the two-tone Lariat Limited Edition seats.

Actually, it was even easier than that. The Supercab isn't available in King Ranch trim.

Joe, who likes his two-tone Lariat Limited Edition seats now. It only took seven months.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:05 AM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
Point of fact, the KR *is* a Lariat. It's just an upgraded Lariat. Not that it really matters, but some may find that interesting. My truck has "F-250 Lariat" on the fender badge, and the King Ranch circle on the doors instead of the big powerstroke one.

I chose the KR for lots of reasons. First, I really like the two-tone interior. Really, it's more like 4-tone - wood, silver, tan, brown... some chrome thrown in here and there. Or, and some black. So, 6-tone? I dunno... it looks great IMO. The black-and-tan exterior is one of my favorite exterior color combos. I had a 1993 Bronco EB in this same color... this truck reminded me of that one, which helped me choose from the lot.

I also really like the fact that the seats are full leather, unlike the lower Lariat packages. They use leather and vinyl. Even the parts that are leather on both aren't the same - the KR uses a chaparral leather that is softer and IMO more comfy.

I will also admit to some snobbery... the KR is a recognized "status", if you will. People see that badging and know that you have a top-of-the-line truck. It's superficial, yes... but I like it. There, I said it

Edit: I forgot the *biggest* reason I prefer the KR. The painted grille surround. I feel like the 2011 KR has plenty of chrome up front... the chrome surround is just a bit more than I like. The painted bumpers have the same effect. I'm not a big chrome fan, I think it looks great in moderation but too much is just too much. If I had bought a non-KR Lariat, I'd have ended up painting all of that... thus costing me more in the long run

Old 02-28-2011, 07:19 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
The chrome fits in with the KR well, I think.
My XLT does have a lot of chrome but I have become used to it (may still replace the grille surround with a painted one someday).

Since we're being honest...when I see a KR my first response is "That certainly is a nice looking truck" but can be followed with "I wonder if it's been on a farm/logging road."
That doesn't make my comment always true but it's just what comes to mind.
For someone that spends all their time driving down an interstate, a comfortable KR makes sense as the recommended option.

If I had a KR, I wouldn't drive it on a logging road. I would need second truck for that (would then need to use my KR to tow the lesser truck to the messy road...haha).

Old 02-28-2011, 08:59 PM
FourOneTons
Senior User
Originally Posted by kper05
...If I had a KR, I wouldn't drive it on a logging road. I would need second truck for that (would then need to use my KR to tow the lesser truck to the messy road...haha).
I'd also try to avoid logging roads with my Lariat that cost more than double what my first house cost. That's why I still have my '89 F350 and four flat-fender jeeps.

I pretty much got FX4 and ELD because about twice a year, the road to the barn (where the '89 and the jeeps are parked) gets too muddy and slippery for 2WD.

Joe

Old 02-28-2011, 09:48 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by FourOneTons
I pretty much got FX4 and ELD because about twice a year, the road to the barn (where the '89 and the jeeps are parked) gets too muddy and slippery for 2WD.
Joe
Now that's funny.

I will admit I have not taken my truck down any crazy bad roads (yet) because these ContiTrac Continentals concern me so I'll wait for more trustworthy tires.
Just what I need to do is get a 7,000 lbs vehicle stuck out in the middle of no-where (almost did back during the summer).
Previous vehicles...different story.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Hu Slung Pu
Junior User
Originally Posted by djjoshuad
Point of fact, the KR *is* a Lariat. It's just an upgraded Lariat. Not that it really matters, but some may find that interesting. My truck has "F-250 Lariat" on the fender badge, and the King Ranch circle on the doors instead of the big powerstroke one.

I chose the KR for lots of reasons. First, I really like the two-tone interior. Really, it's more like 4-tone - wood, silver, tan, brown... some chrome thrown in here and there. Or, and some black. So, 6-tone? I dunno... it looks great IMO. The black-and-tan exterior is one of my favorite exterior color combos. I had a 1993 Bronco EB in this same color... this truck reminded me of that one, which helped me choose from the lot.

I also really like the fact that the seats are full leather, unlike the lower Lariat packages. They use leather and vinyl. Even the parts that are leather on both aren't the same - the KR uses a chaparral leather that is softer and IMO more comfy.

I will also admit to some snobbery... the KR is a recognized "status", if you will. People see that badging and know that you have a top-of-the-line truck. It's superficial, yes... but I like it. There, I said it

Edit: I forgot the *biggest* reason I prefer the KR. The painted grille surround. I feel like the 2011 KR has plenty of chrome up front... the chrome surround is just a bit more than I like. The painted bumpers have the same effect. I'm not a big chrome fan, I think it looks great in moderation but too much is just too much. If I had bought a non-KR Lariat, I'd have ended up painting all of that... thus costing me more in the long run
These are the exact reasons I wanted a KR. I love that the leather is "real" and covers everything, instead of having mixed vinyl. Factory NAV is great! I get nothing but compliments on my interior (non-black). Best and nicest truck I've ever had.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:54 AM
6.7Fan
Senior User
Two reasons I went with the Lariat Ultimate over the KR: 1) I have 4 kids so needed the full bench up front for road trips; not an option on the KR. 2) This one really didn't matter because #1 already made the choice, but I prefer a solid color on the exterior and KR only comes in 2-tone. But I love the interior of the KR, especially the new black.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:28 AM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
I do wish I had at least known about the black KR interior before purchasing my truck. I'm happy with it, for sure... but I probably would have chosen the black version, had I known it existed

Old 03-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Shepardsonp
Tuned
I went with the black KR interior and have the GT seat covers for my kids in the back. I am hoping they will prevent chocolate, french fries, 5 day old soft drinks etc from staining them! I could institute a no eating or drinking policy in my truck but then I have to follow it!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:19 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shepardsonp
I went with the black KR interior and have the GT seat covers for my kids in the back. I am hoping they will prevent chocolate, french fries, 5 day old soft drinks etc from staining them! I could institute a no eating or drinking policy in my truck but then I have to follow it!
Whatever happened to "do as I say and not what I do"? It was one of my Grandpa's favorite lines...

Quick Reply: Lariat vs KR