Sponsored by: DP Tuner

auto-enginuity question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 04:17 PM
23larry24
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
auto-enginuity question

Hi, does anyone know if you can correct your speedometer with the autoenginuity scan tool? Thanks

Old 02-25-2011, 04:27 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 23larry24
Hi, does anyone know if you can correct your speedometer with the autoenginuity scan tool? Thanks
Yes. You can make an adjustment by tire size.

I can't remember who made this PDF and regret not being able to give them credit. Speak up if you are the one.

EDIT: Found the source for the PDF. I should have known. It is courtesy of Pete (F250_) at his website TruckMods.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
AE Changing Tire Size.pdf (54.5 KB, 209 views)
Old 02-25-2011, 04:31 PM
23larry24
Senior User
Thanks Robin, and thanks to whoever did the write-up.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Whitey Ford
FTE-Spread The Knowledge

Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts
Reminds me of the time when my wife was giving birth and I asked was there anything I could get her to make her feel better......Didn't really like the answer! Sometimes words hurt

Have a GREAT weekend.......

Old 02-25-2011, 06:57 PM
ronjon95
Senior User
This is Great never knew that you could do this with the AE.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Deluxe06
4000 rounds a min
Originally Posted by PaysonPSD
Yes. You can make an adjustment by tire size.

I can't remember who made this PDF and regret not being able to give them credit. Speak up if you are the one.
Robin,
That would be woodnthings he made up a hole bunch of howto for AE

Old 02-25-2011, 09:57 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Deluxe06
Robin,
That would be woodnthings he made up a hole bunch of howto for AE

I didn't put that one together. I was putting one together and then found that one, so I figured it showed the process on how to do it really good. I decided not to worry about making my own.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OK, i need an AE just for the coolness factor alone. Plus all the stuff that it can do.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:02 PM
ronjon95
Senior User
Woodnthings what else is else is wrote up for AE for Dummies?

Old 02-25-2011, 10:15 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ronjon95
I have been building a site that has various information that I have come up with or found on the net. I mostly use it for a single place to store files that I can retrieve quickly. I have been working on a Autoenginuity Page that has information about each of the tests and how to set-up and perform them.

I have been recording some videos to also "show" how AE works, Since we would all rather watch a video on how to do something versus read about it. I need to get busy working on some with narration since they are lame with no sound!

I have a bunch of files attached at the bottom, just click on the download link and save them to your computer.

Feel free to check out the other stuff I have on there as it is mostly Superduty related or some of my other interests. Honestly I just started building the page for fun to see if I could put something together that is a useful resource.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:51 PM
orng1
Postmaster
I'm saving up for one.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:56 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Found the source of the PDF. I should have known. It was Pete (F250_) and can be found at his website TruckMods

Old 02-26-2011, 09:00 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ronjon95
Well I am a Dummie when it comes to the AE!! But I want it, I also want to learn what it can do and can't do. So Woodnthings I had asked you about AE and CPS already But I was wondering if you found or know of any other things that AE won't tell you? And by the way You have a really cool website and great info. Keep up the good work. I am glad this tread came up because it will be a while before I can buy it. This way when I do get it I'll have an idea how to use it.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:18 AM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by woodnthings
I have been building a site that has various information that I have come up with or found on the net. I mostly use it for a single place to store files that I can retrieve quickly. I have been working on a Autoenginuity Page that has information about each of the tests and how to set-up and perform them.

I have been recording some videos to also "show" how AE works, Since we would all rather watch a video on how to do something versus read about it. I need to get busy working on some with narration since they are lame with no sound!

I have a bunch of files attached at the bottom, just click on the download link and save them to your computer.

Feel free to check out the other stuff I have on there as it is mostly Superduty related or some of my other interests. Honestly I just started building the page for fun to see if I could put something together that is a useful resource.
Nice work! Reps to you .

Any chance you have experience/suggestions for programming the PATS keys with Auto Enginuity (AE)? I have the instructions for programming new keys but they require you to have 2 working/programed keys. Just bought a 2000 Excursion a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately the Ex only came with one set of keys..... According to the AE website this is part of the software's capability, just need help figuring out how to do it?

Old 02-26-2011, 12:54 PM
bobbyrjw
Senior User
I just got AE and have it hooked up

Should I be able to hear the buzz test? AE says "performing test", but I don't hear anything. I this a visual thing or should it be noticeable to a person's ear? Should I be checking some of the boxes in "Acuation" in the lower pane?

Edit: Never mind. It worked this time. Not very well written software. Why do I not see any sensors in the pull downs on the data logging?

Are there any primers on this software besides what wood-n-things has? His helped, but for the price of this software, it should provide better human interface.

Quick Reply: auto-enginuity question