post your dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 08:40 AM
mustang_gt_350
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
post your dyno results

I'm just looking for some dyno results, graphs, just numbers whatever you have.
Specs with them would be nice also.

Ive been looking around but can't find that much.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:52 AM
yellow truck
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I have posted mine, unfortunately I find this site is very difficult to post. I don't use and don't want to use any other sharing sites, and the size limit here is very strange (315 K file size limit for starters).

If you send me your email address I'll send you the originals that are readable. Note that this file is readable except when posted here. If there is a better way to do this, let me know.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Sleepy445FE
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol yeah I can't quite read that. I didn't want to either, but I had to spend the 2min to sign up for photobucket that I will never use except here.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:58 AM
yellow truck
Laughing Gas
Sleepy - your post reminded me I had already done exactly that to post these once before. Silly me.

Background - it is an original 410 out of a Mercury with a 1U crank. The crank was ground 10 thou, and the block was virgin. It has C7AE-A heads that have a mild port and polish, and it has a C6AE -9425 - G intake that has been intake matched. It also has a 600CFM Edelbrock, and a set of headers. The cam is an RV cam with lift of 484-512, duration 270/280, and duration at .05" 204/212 (just one step up from stock). One final note, it has an NP435 manual with a 3.73 Ford 9" rear end.

We did the dyno run to get the timing and the fuel/air ratios. We tested 8, 10, 12, and 14 degrees. There were a few guys hanging around who tended to scoff at the big old Ford, and I can say they were more than a little surprised. The old 410 is producing more torque than an early 70s LS Corvette, the Chevy guys were not expecting that. We did 4 runs, it only cost $125, and it was a ton of fun. I'll do it again once I change the cam, I hope to do that this spring.

These are rear wheel results:

Old 02-21-2011, 12:52 PM
yellow truck
Laughing Gas
I know it is not exactly about the dyno results, but this is the before on the truck.

Here is the after:

After all that work, she needed a new mill. Since then I have added 1 1/2 inch spacers to the rear (the 9 inch is 3 inches narrower than the Dana front axle) and dropped the rear end 4 inches.

I get huge wheel hop if I am too hard on the throttle (unless I'm really hard on it and break everything loose), partly because of the big tires.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Sleepy445FE
Posting Guru
You're gonna hate this but... your dyno pics didnt show up. LOL
One of the main reasons I love the old iron is to make the chevy guys eat their words! All I hear is LS this and that. How an old carburated cast turd could never compare to the LT1 let alone any LS because of the technology... That is until dyno day! They just look at each other stupidily and say things like, but it doesn't have a computer, to which I reply "I AM the computer!" lol Just like all technology, it just replaces a person who could do the job and allows anyone to be capable of the same feats. They don't know what to do when they can't plug up their motor to a computer.
Trying to find the dyno sheet for mine right now, i'll post it up if I can find it.

Ps yellow truck cleans up NICE! good work!

Old 02-21-2011, 01:36 PM
yellow truck
Laughing Gas
Hmmm. I can see them. I posted them the same way I posted the photos of the truck. You can find them at: 410 dyno results pictures by 410dyno - Photobucket

The mechanic who ran the dyno laughed when he saw the result and said first that it was a torque monster, and second that he saw lots of young guys show up with small blocks with big expectations and leave with V6 results, and looking sheepish. I don't take any credit for it, it is mostly as Ford made it in 66.

I did the dyno mostly to get the timing right, and then to have some fun. It sure sounded evil. One of my buddies who is on this site was there too.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Sleepy445FE
Posting Guru
Hmm dont know why I can see the other pics but not those, oh well, the link works.

Yeah same here, did the dyno to make sure the tune was optimal. There just happen to be chevy vultures hanging about that day. Mine however isn't exactly stock... Sometimes I wish the idle wasn't so choppy so I could just say it was a 360 with a little dress up

Old 02-21-2011, 03:24 PM
mustang_gt_350
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sleepy445FE
Hmm dont know why I can see the other pics but not those, oh well, the link works.

Yeah same here, did the dyno to make sure the tune was optimal. There just happen to be chevy vultures hanging about that day. Mine however isn't exactly stock... Sometimes I wish the idle wasn't so choppy so I could just say it was a 360 with a little dress up
Here is a 360 YouTube - bria jubilee

And when its a 390 i'll still probably have her write 360 on the sign in sheet lol

I have an idea of how much HP it is going to take for her to be in the top 3 given that she does her part in driving. So seeing graphs and what guys have done i have an idea of what works and what doesn't. She never really had a chance last season with the hp she was working with but it gave her a good learning lesson. Its time to build something for the girl in the class to **** off the guys mostly the chevy guys