1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

what to do for mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 04:52 PM
1whoseeks
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I WENT CHEAP

bought Walmart oval driving lights for something like 15 bucks. I installed them dead center and low. It seemed to me that that was the weakest area of the light pattern. I do like the look of your fogs though.

My next step is to replace the oem headlamps that have yellowed with clear euro style headlamps. I have seen several that have a blacked out look that would compliment the black expy.

last step in my mods for lighting is to model this.......................
Installed Lights behind Grill - F150online Forums

should bring a total of high beam light to 510 watts (if i use 100 watt x2 fogs behind the grille).

Old 03-06-2011, 02:36 PM
SloSupra
New User
Originally Posted by Big Greenie
I also replaced the headlight bulbs with silverstar ultras, I like them!

Would you mind posting a night picture with them on

thanks

Old 03-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Big Greenie
Temporarily Deactivated
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SloSupra
Would you mind posting a night picture with them on

thanks
I'm not sure a picture is going to help. Do you want a picture of the truck or the the light pattern? They do not have that blue, fake hid, look. The light is clearer than the stock bulbs and the sight distance was improved substantially.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:22 PM
SloSupra
New User
I'm not sure a picture is going to help. Do you want a picture of the truck or the the light pattern? They do not have that blue, fake hid, look. The light is clearer than the stock bulbs and the sight distance was improved substantially.
I wanted to see what the bulbs looked like at night to make sure they were brighter but still looked good with the truck I want to upgrade the headlights but I just feel the truck will look bad with a hid kit so I wanted to see if these bulbs were what I was looking for or not.

Thanks

Old 03-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Big Greenie
Temporarily Deactivated
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wanted to see what the bulbs looked like at night to make sure they were brighter but still looked good with the truck I want to upgrade the headlights but I just feel the truck will look bad with a hid kit so I wanted to see if these bulbs were what I was looking for or not.

Thanks
Not only that but most of the hid kits are not well engineered. Fords reflector isn't the best but the ultra bulbs made a BIG difference. The light went from yellow to white and the range improved at least 30%. Even though I think the price is pretty high for freaking bulbs I would buy them again.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:46 PM
hodges710
Senior User

Thanks
I see you are a newbie here and jsut wanted to pass on some info to you. When you read a post by Big Greenie, be careful and do not get too much into it for he likes to try to start stuff here in FTE. He can turn a simple question by someone into a conflict which he gets all mad most of the time for he finds out that his comments are not as strong has he thinks. He will also point out any words that you dont spell right but fails to look at his other posts lol.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:55 PM
SloSupra
New User
Not only that but most of the hid kits are not well engineered. Fords reflector isn't the best but the ultra bulbs made a BIG difference. The light went from yellow to white and the range improved at least 30%. Even though I think the price is pretty high for freaking bulbs I would buy them again.
Originally Posted by hodges710
I see you are a newbie here and jsut wanted to pass on some info to you. When you read a post by Big Greenie, be careful and do not get too much into it for he likes to try to start stuff here in FTE. He can turn a simple question by someone into a conflict which he gets all mad most of the time for he finds out that his comments are not as strong has he thinks. He will also point out any words that you dont spell right but fails to look at his other posts lol.
Thanks very much for the help from both of you. I also think i will try the bulbs out.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:19 PM
alwaysfords41
Posting Guru
Thanks very much for the help from both of you. I also think i will try the bulbs out.
It is pretty low risk, they are 100% refundable if you don't like them. I've tried a bunch of options, they are the best non hids I've found.