1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Since u got it

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:48 PM
nice1960f250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since u got it

what have you done to your truck since the day you drove it home

Old 02-01-2011, 03:09 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
This could include some rather long post. I am currently writing a story about my truck for a magazine, the truck is not finished so neither is the story, but it is right now at 3 pages long.
So rather than posting something that long, try this, with apologies to those who have already seen this in another recent thread.

BTW, I was not able to 'drive it home'.

Edith

Old 02-01-2011, 04:35 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by harleymsn
This could include some rather long post. I am currently writing a story about my truck for a magazine, the truck is not finished so neither is the story, but it is right now at 3 pages long.
So rather than posting something that long, try this, with apologies to those who have already seen this in another recent thread.

BTW, I was not able to 'drive it home'.

Edith

That's looking really nice, what color did you paint it? it almost looks a couple shades lighter than the "Glen Mist Green" that I had planned on painting my 52 F6 until I saw yours!

Cheers

Josh

btw, about all I've done with both my trucks since they were towed home is dissamble and scatter parts about, also collected a few extra parts to scatter about. had one engine rebuilt. umm, collected some more parts. and a little paint. on the frame of the F6 and the stakebed.

here are a few pictures of Josephine (the F6) prior to tear down and a few current progress pics. 1952 Ford F6 dump pictures by jfmadsen - Photobucket

F-1 is on hold till F6 is done

Old 02-01-2011, 04:39 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

Received 634 Likes on 567 Posts
Spend money, enjoy, spend money, enjoy, spend money.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:03 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jmadsen
That's looking really nice, what color did you paint it? it almost looks a couple shades lighter than the "Glen Mist Green" that I had planned on painting my 52 F6 until I saw yours!

Cheers

Josh

btw, about all I've done with both my trucks since they were towed home is dissamble and scatter parts about, also collected a few extra parts to scatter about. had one engine rebuilt. umm, collected some more parts. and a little paint. on the frame of the F6 and the stakebed.

here are a few pictures of Josephine (the F6) prior to tear down and a few current progress pics. 1952 Ford F6 dump pictures by jfmadsen - Photobucket

F-1 is on hold till F6 is done
Josh, it's Palisade green and it's actually the original color. When I found the color behind the gas tank, I thought it was sea mist green because the color charts only showed that as the light green, but it turns out that for 1950 it was replaced by Palisade green. The only company that I found that has the formula is Sherwin Williams and their Martin Senour brand (NAPA)

Old 02-01-2011, 05:07 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,882 Likes on 1,856 Posts
Grinned, cussed, got dirty, bled all over everything, grinned some more, cussed a lot more, made huge messes, burned things, broke things, fixed things, refixed things, had some frosty beverages, broke more things, went back to square one, grinned a lot more, sat on a bucket in the cab making funny vroom vroom noises, fixed more things, modified other things, remodified those things that were modified before, etc, etc, etc.......

OK, to be a bit more serious
Drug it to the shop, made engine run (flathead I6), made charging system work, laughed at wiring job, rebuilt master cyclinder and wheel cylinders to have some brakes. drove it around some and made big plans.
Aquired parts car
dreamed a lot/had frosty beverages
tore front clip off and pulled engine and trans and put up for sale
tore apart parts car
Fabbed engine and tranny mounts, boxed frame, installed engine
Fabbed steering
Fabbed hanging brake pedal
fabbed radiator support
fired the beast up
grinned a bunch, took it for a ride
fabbed exhaust
took bed off and rebuilt
got tags, title, and license
Drove snot out of it
isntalled wire harness
fabricated custom gauges
Drove snot out of it
etc, etc, etc.........

Bobby

Old 02-01-2011, 05:08 PM
fordman75
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...4x4-build.html

I've changed my mind a billion times, ruined a lot of parts, bought a lot of parts. I've done a lot of cutting, welding, drilling and planning.

The day I hauled it home.

Most current mock up.

It's now completely disassembled and packed away for the winter. Impatiently awaiting springs arrival!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:11 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

Received 634 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
Grinned, cussed, got dirty, bled all over everything, grinned some more, cussed a lot more, made huge messes, burned things, broke things, fixed things, refixed things, had some frosty beverages, broke more things, went back to square one, grinned a lot more, sat on a bucket in the cab making funny vroom vroom noises, fixed more things, modified other things, remodified those things that were modified before, etc, etc, etc.......

OK, to be a bit more serious
Drug it to the shop, made engine run (flathead I6), made charging system work, laughed at wiring job, rebuilt master cyclinder and wheel cylinders to have some brakes. drove it around some and made big plans.
Aquired parts car
tore front clip off and pulled engine and trans and put up for sale
tore apart parts car
Fabbed engine and tranny mounts, boxed frame, installed engine
Fabbed steering
Fabbed hanging brake pedal
fabbed radiator support
fired the beast up
grinned a bunch, took it for a ride
fabbed exhaust
took bed off and rebuilt
got tags, title, and license
Drove snot out of it
isntalled wire harness
fabricated custom gauges
Drove snot out of it
etc, etc, etc.........

Bobby
With all that frost, no wonder it is snowing out there today!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:39 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by nice1960f250
what have you done to your truck since the day you drove it home
Drive? Never had the chance.

Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2011, 06:05 PM
nice1960f250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pulled hey out the woods
nice wheels and tires
pulled the motor and trans
sanded and paint under the hood
pulled the motor (to go in my 1960) and trans
cleaned and spayed the motor

Old 02-01-2011, 06:19 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HOMADE was a basket case or should I say 2 trucks and 2 trailers just to get all the parts home, 5 years to get it done but I love it. As for T MATER I bought it as a cab and chassy with 46 chev bed, ---UGLY---- but hauled from Knoxville, Tn. on the trailer in one piece, tear down in one day and six months to put on c30 step van chassie with Holmes 440 wrecker booms and 40 in sleeper, man what a good driver this thing is, I have pics of both in my gallary but have no idea how to post on FTE, I can build trucks but can't post pics but I do live in Kentucky , what are you laughing about, Garry

Old 02-01-2011, 06:44 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I drove it onto the trailer and off, bout as far as I was willing to go see the PO's idea of installing the Volare IFS was blowing holes in the frame and bolting it on.
I spent the next 5 years tearing it apart, rebuilding everything and putting it back together along with a bundle of money and many more parts. Been driving it for 2 1/2 years, trying to get the courage to tear it back apart for body work and paint.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Drove mine everyday for the first three years I owned it. Driven on and off since then but, once I moved to OK I parked it because the bump steer was more pronounced on the bad roads here.

Now I am redoing the entire suspension. Did the rear first then had a house fire and some other things happen and so now I am back to working on it. I hope to have it up and running this summer.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I didn't to drive mine home. I brought mine home in hundreds of pieces on a trailer. This is what I was doing today.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 PM
tardster
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where to start... lol ok

The day I brought her home. Since then I have put on power disk brakes, new wiring harness, new turn signal switch, new electric wiper motor and switch, stripped her down the the frame (except for the cab) sand blasted, pressure washed the frame and coated it with the roll/spray on bed liner, put in a new 289, put in a new TCI c-4 tranny and new wheels n tires and finally I removed the front bumper which has gotten me to this point.

Next thing is to get the body ready for paint...

Quick Reply: Since u got it