1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

paint scheme again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 09:39 PM
fifty-two_f1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paint scheme again!!!

Okay, my cab just got primed today, so I need to decide quickly what I want to do. I have already decided on red and black, but I would like your guys opinion.

Excuse the pink sky.... That is what happens with photo shop. The first pic of my f1, and the second of someone elses.

I really like the idea of the top of the cab being painted, but I want to paint the center strip black also. I think that will look really good, but I am not sure if the sides of the hood that are red will look good when it meets up with the black cowl of the cab.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:02 PM
fordman75
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
I like the black on the center of the hood. I think the red hood meeting the black cowl looks fine.

I like the black roof. But for some reason I don't like the door being black around the window. I guess I'd have to see it with a completely red door just to see which way looks better.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:32 PM
reed1951
Posting Guru
Thats the first time I've seen the roof painted to match the fenders, I like it. I like the darker red thats in the first pic. I think painting the stripe on the hood black would look good too and wouldn't look bad with the sides of the hood being red.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:46 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
pink sky

The top pic. has a pink sky. How cool is that !!!!! Back to the truck now. HAVI posted some two tone pics. on a another paint thread that i thiought was cool.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:19 AM
tardster
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the top paint scheme better than the second one. I'm not a fan of the center being painted another color but if thats what you want then I say go for it...

Old 01-30-2011, 12:25 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Between the 2, I like the one with the pink sky too. I think you can make it look good by painting the top of the cab black like that as long as you continue it along the lower seam on the back below the window. But it will be difficult to draw a clear line under that hood and toward the front of the cowl.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:41 AM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I like it, Jordan. I'm still not so sure about the black stripe on the hood, but it could grow on me. I do like the top of the cab being a different color than the rest of it. I also like the darker shade of red in the first pic. Next time your playing with photoshop, don't forget to draw in the "EFI" badges. I think they'd look right at home there on the side of the cab where the '48-'60's had their model designation.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 761 Likes on 372 Posts
I got to thinking, having a frontal shot would really give us a better look at how the stripe on the hood works.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:38 AM
fordman75
Lead Driver
The hood stripe would be different if his truck was a 53-56. But I think it works with the F1 since it has the raised area on the hood.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:39 AM
petey shoes
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think it looks good, but not sold on hood stripe. hard to figure how to "blend" at cowl. almost seems that full top of hood being black and tapering toward front trim would "fill" hood and blend at sides? i think a nice black cherry would make that POP.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:52 AM
fordman75
Lead Driver
How is it hard to figure the blend at the cowl? Using the body lines on the center of the hood just run the masking tape to extend the body line on the cowl. It would look fine because that center section of the hood flares out at the back. It would be simple to extend it back over the cowl when masking. You could also just end the black at the rear of the hood. Because the black is just highlighting that section of the hood. It's basically the same as painting the fenders black. Your making the body feature pop. It's not like it would be a racing stripe.

The stripe works because you've got the nice sharp body lines there. Doing the whole top of the hood could look weird. Because there is no sharp body line to end the color change at the sides.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:57 AM
fifty-two_f1
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by BlueOvalRage
Next time your playing with photoshop, don't forget to draw in the "EFI" badges. I think they'd look right at home there on the side of the cab where the '48-'60's had their model designation.
Well I could put EFI on it, but MY chassis, engine, and trans is already done........

I also like the deeper red also. I think that I would paint the whole interior red also.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:02 AM
Walston
Cargo Master

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I really like the 2nd one. I think the black center stripe connects the truck's top and bottom very well. I also think the red wheels is an important thing that makes the truck look even better.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:06 AM
rhopper
Fleet Mechanic

I'm not sure about the black hood stripe, either. But it's a very classy color combo. Not a hot rod scheme or a work truck. It's more of a luxury look. I like it.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:10 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
I thought about a hood stripe but with a white stripe on a blue hood, it looked horrid IMO. I would not paint the inteior red; black is much more desirable IMO. Maybe painting the dash (only) the deeper maroon would set off an otherwise black interior. Red, green, or blue interiors just don't work for me, but it's your truck!!

Quick Reply: paint scheme again!!!