Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Let's welcome pumpdriver to the chapter!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 09:09 AM
The Freak
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a couple of 205 x-cases that came out of 78 F250's. Both of them came out of trucks with 4-speeds, but I believe they have the same pattern as the auto setup.

AMK, awhile back, it finally dawned on me where you live at!! Once the weather starts getting nicer, and I'm out and about, I'll have to stop by. I remember spotting your truck as soon as you moved out there, it's sharp!!

Old 01-31-2011, 09:32 PM
AMK1979
Freshman User
Sorry, I took so long to reply guys, I've been a little under the weather.

Originally Posted by pumpdriver20
Thanks for the offer. Maybe when it warms up I'll have to drive out that way.
Do you have any pics of the '78 Explorer? I'd like to see it.
I don't have any pics, but it also doesn't have a box anymore either it turned into a parts truck. Kinda sad since my G-pa bought it new in '78.

Originally Posted by 97nukeford
We'll have to try and get a get together arranged here sometime. Haven't had a chapter meet for a while, so I'll see what I can arrange.
I would love that! It would be nice to have some ford lovers to talk to all my friends are married to chebies or dodge's. Heck, if my shop was clean we could have it there and enjoy some nice refreshments.

Some mention of the use of HD brakes. They had clear the larger calipers???? I'm not quite sure as the 16" rims I just put on seem to be o.k. but I haven't driven it a lot yet to make any determinations.

I wish they still offered 16.5" tires. I really wanted to use my stock rims with original wheel caps. I like the ol' school look.
Originally Posted by The Freak
I have a couple of 205 x-cases that came out of 78 F250's. Both of them came out of trucks with 4-speeds, but I believe they have the same pattern as the auto setup.

If you have dual piston calipers that is the heavier set up. I've ran 16'x for years with no problems. If you have any question drop me a line. I have all the ford service manuals for the '78/'79's

AMK, awhile back, it finally dawned on me where you live at!! Once the weather starts getting nicer, and I'm out and about, I'll have to stop by. I remember spotting your truck as soon as you moved out there, it's sharp!!
Freak, thanks! it's always nice to have someone else google over your girl. lol If your out stop by shop fridge is always full!

Old 01-31-2011, 09:38 PM
AMK1979
Freshman User
Some mention of the use of HD brakes. They had clear the larger calipers???? I'm not quite sure as the 16" rims I just put on seem to be o.k. but I haven't driven it a lot yet to make any determinations.

I wish they still offered 16.5" tires. I really wanted to use my stock rims with original wheel caps. I like the ol' school look.
This was suppose to be on my last post. must have messed up, anyways..

If you have dual piston calipers that is the heavy set up. I've ran 16"s for years with no problems. I can probably hook you up with a set of steel 16's and I think I still have the same hubcaps you want, but you should still be able to run the ones you have with the 16's. If you ever have questions drop me a line. I have the full Ford service manual set for the '78/'79's.