A-Plan...X-Plan...???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 11:46 AM
pumpdriver20
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-Plan...X-Plan...???????

Can someone explain to me what all of these "plans" are and how does a person qualify for any particular plan?

Thanks!!

Old 05-11-2005, 05:53 PM
keith w
Posting Guru
If you are A,Z or D plan, you will already know it. These are for the Ford peeps, active or retired and their immediate family. X plan is known as the friends and partners plan, errr something like that. Quite a few companies are aligned with Ford and their employees can get X Plan. There are a few organizations out there that offer their members X Plan, like Experimental Aircraft Association. When I joined that, I had my X plan PIN in about three days. They now require being a member for one year before you can get the PIN.

X Plan is equivalent to A/Z plan + 4% + $150. In some cases it will be lower than invoice, in some cases a little higher. We are talking a swing of a few hundred bucks here. For the most part joining the AQHA and taking the $500 rebate they offer along with invoice pricing will be a better deal than X Plan. X Plan and the AQHA rebate can not be used together. Only when there is an additional X Plan rebate is it even possible that X will end up cheaper when all is said an done.

I'll give you the best example I can. Say you buy a truck like mine. X plan was about $200 under invoice before any rebates. Joining AQHA (American Quarter Horse Association) will get you a $500 rebate, but you can't use it with "Plan" purchases. Invoice was $200 more than X Plan, but with the AQHA rebate, the total came out $300 less. If, say, there had been a $500 X plan rebate available at the time, X plan would then have been back to a $200 better deal. Again, on a lot of vehicles X Plan is a little more than invoice and not less to begin with, chances are you would never come out ahead with X Plan. X Plan used to be a little more attractive than it is now. It seemed be easier to get dealers to jump on an X Plan price (that is set in stone) than it was to try to figure out the elusive invoice pricing. Not now. With Jeff and Ernie on the job, invoice does not seem to have the mystical aura surrounding it.

Old 05-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Forrest_F150
Senior User
i used x-plan on my 05 FX4 Screw 4X4....

it was exactly $181 above invoice..........

- $500 X-Plan rebate (good till the end of the month)....
- $3000 in normal rebates.....

= $3,319 below invoice....

then minus my trade ($7,500)...

= $10,819 below invoice.......

BUT... there is 1 thing i am curious about... i try not to think about it too much since i have my truck and everything....

but, the first FX4 the dealer went and got for me (from another dealer) had a different X-Plan price on it than the one i ultimately got... both vehicles were identical except for the captains chairs and leather.... even when i subtracted the leather and capt. seats from the 2nd one (the one i have now) it didn't come to the same x-plan price as the 1st vehicle they brought me......

my only explanation is that ford lists x-plan prices based on how the truck is configured from the factory... even if the prices are theoretically the same... maybe a suppluy and demand thing.. i dunno...

but i am happy the truck and no problems yet....

Old 05-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Jossdoit
Junior User
You should have checked to see when each truck was built. Prices tend to go up through the model year. I think they list it as Job #, starting with 1 and working their way up as they make mid-year changes to the model.

Old 05-12-2005, 01:01 PM
pumpdriver20
Senior User

Thanks for all the good info!