2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

TrustiGO Sat Nav

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 10:24 AM
joiseystud
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joiseystud
He was pretty good answering my questions but I think there must be a language barrier. After I ordered he was very proactive and even offered to load a custom logo into the Double Din unit I bought. He emailed me with a couple install tips and let me know when he shipped. The product is enroute and we will see from how it goes from here.
He just responded to my inquiry about a replacement warranty and he said its 1 year.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:35 PM
jjjaymmman
New User
Do you have the Rear DVD entertainment system? I would be interested if this works with that. Also if you have Sirius, whether that will work.
I do have a Sirius system installed on my truck but I never used it. I may test it out after I get this system installed and I'll update.
I do not have a rear DVD ent system, but I will probably get the head rests that testigo sells. They match my truck and have a 7" display installed. I don't know about factory or other aftermarket units, but it should be ok as long as it has a standard a/v in/out put.
Another thing I'm really excited about is the fact that this unit is a windows CE software based unit. Which is great, becasuse its just like a mini computer in your dash. I was looking online and found that it plays games, can connect wireless via USB (I don't know it this is already installed on the unit--read other messages that it may be wifi ready).
I also plan on installing a removable hard drive in my center console for easy trasfer of info (movies, mp3, ect). Just a few ideas.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:43 PM
jjjaymmman
New User
Originally Posted by chuck s
I'm curious about the location of the GPS antenna (and the complete install).

-- Chuck
I was trying to figure out where a good place would be. I do not think it is weather proof, but if so then I'll install it on the roof (like the sat antenna). If not, I saw a picture of one installed on a F250 and he put it in the corner of his dash on the passenger side. I think that is the best place.
I'll update you on the install 2006 F-150 Lariat

Old 01-23-2011, 10:26 PM
ftruckbeatles
New User
looking forward to getting one!

Old 01-24-2011, 03:55 PM
function12
More Turbo
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Most GPS antenna can be mounted inside the car. They can also be hidden under plastic. You just dont want to place them under metal.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:08 PM
jjjaymmman
New User
Installed New Trustigo Nav Unit

My unit came in yesterday. It was fairly easy to install. I removed the factory unit and connected the new unit with the adapter cables it came with. They linked right up. The only wire I needed to do anything with was to ground the video (pink) wire. I easily did this to a screw behind the radio. After turning turning it on, I has to hold down the camera button for 3 seconds and configed the steering wheel controls. I ran the GPS wire under the dash to the passenger side right corner. No wires show any where. Tomorrow I have to route the additional wires to the center console (i pod, usb, and additional video), along with installing the rear camera. I am going to install a switch as well so I can us the camera in both reverse and forward (so I can check out who is behind me while I'm driving, or what I'm towing). Overall I'm happy with the unit. On a 1 to 10 scale (10 best) I'd rank it:
1) Customer service- 10+++ This guy is quick to respond!
2) Install- 9 Very easy.
3) Product quality 8
4) Price vs other units 10
If you have any questions, please let me know. It does not support Sat Radio directly, but can be added in the Aux input but will require an external unit (Radio shack has them for about $55.00

Old 01-29-2011, 04:47 AM
joiseystud
Junior User
Originally Posted by jjjaymmman
My unit came in yesterday. It was fairly easy to install. I removed the factory unit and connected the new unit with the adapter cables it came with. They linked right up. The only wire I needed to do anything with was to ground the video (pink) wire. I easily did this to a screw behind the radio. After turning turning it on, I has to hold down the camera button for 3 seconds and configed the steering wheel controls. I ran the GPS wire under the dash to the passenger side right corner. No wires show any where. Tomorrow I have to route the additional wires to the center console (i pod, usb, and additional video), along with installing the rear camera. I am going to install a switch as well so I can us the camera in both reverse and forward (so I can check out who is behind me while I'm driving, or what I'm towing). Overall I'm happy with the unit. On a 1 to 10 scale (10 best) I'd rank it:
1) Customer service- 10+++ This guy is quick to respond!
2) Install- 9 Very easy.
3) Product quality 8
4) Price vs other units 10
If you have any questions, please let me know. It does not support Sat Radio directly, but can be added in the Aux input but will require an external unit (Radio shack has them for about $55.00
Awesome. Can you post some photos of the unit installed? Better yet would be a youtube video showing the install and functions. Thanks

Old 01-30-2011, 08:52 AM
jjjaymmman
New User
Post images??

I don't know how to post an image on here? But if you want you can PM me and I'll give you my number.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:29 AM
function12
More Turbo
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
You upload the pics to a site like webshots or photobucket. Then post the links here. Both site are free.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:20 AM
jjjaymmman
New User
Originally Posted by function12
You upload the pics to a site like webshots or photobucket. Then post the links here. Both site are free.
I emailed them to joiseystud. He said he will post them. I am very happy about this unit and I really like the back-up cam.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:15 PM
joiseystud
Junior User
Old 01-30-2011, 12:55 PM
jjjaymmman
New User
Here is a link to jjjaymmman's photos

jjjaymmman pictures by joiseystud - Photobucket

Thanks for posting those pics for me. If anyone has any questions about the pics let me know.
1) I installed a rear camera with a switch so I can see it while in forward.
2) Extended USB cables to the center console
3) Routed Ipod cable to center console
4) Grounded DVD wire so it can play without e-brake being set
5) Set controls to work with me Steering wheel buttons
6) Temp ran DVD output to rear seats

Future upgrades
1) Just ordered Front Camera (same as rear night vision camera)
2) Head rest monitors with wifi headsets
3) A/V mode switch for multiple sources
4) Install PS 2 and Wii under rear pass seats
--My goal is to be able to play PS2, Wii, or DVD an each monitor independently. And have seperate Audio using wireless headsets for rear users. The head rests I'm looking at aleardy match the truck and are adjustable to fit right in (10" displays X 2, pair cost about $175). I do not want a headrest display with a DVD for 2 reasons. 1 they usually suck. 2 price. I'll be able to senf the dvd output from head head unit, and the PS 2 will play them as well.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:25 PM
goody454
New User
I bought one of these for my 2005 F-250, it looks great and the NAV and everything works awesome. I can post some pictures later if anybody is interested.

Did anybody with this radio have trouble with the DVD? I hooked up the pink wire to a ground behind the dash and it worked initially. Then I unplugged everything, cleaned up the wiring with zip ties, and put it all back in and connected everyhting and I get a message saying "please enjoy music while driving". I messed with the whole thing for about 2 hours after that and I still cant play DVDs at all.

I cant imagine something shorted out because the rest of the radio works fine, maybe I have a bad ground??

Where are you guys grounding your pink wires?

Thnks in advance.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:43 PM
brianq9
New User
Please post pictures of the truck install, thinking about doing it myself.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:18 AM
jjjaymmman
New User
Originally Posted by brianq9
Please post pictures of the truck install, thinking about doing it myself.
Shoot me an email at jjjaymmman@hotmail.com and I can email you the pics and answer any questions.

Quick Reply: TrustiGO Sat Nav