Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

January BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 07:39 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW...Welcome to the forums Bohica50! Enjoy your stay and would love to see you participate in the forums!

Racerchick - Everything went great with the trip to Zion National Park over the New Year's weekend. However, the low out there ended up being -10*F. Ya, it was darn cold! LOL But I think we got some great shots (see post above) and it was still fun seeing the mountains with all the snow and ice on it. Especially the waterfalls that were still partially flowing, but partially frozen too. Was pretty darn cool.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:50 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Zion is a beautiful place already, but that snow makes it look even more so. Beautiful pics, Mat. You've definitely got an eye for a shot.

So Bruce...does that make you a "Grand Uncle" or a "Great Uncle"? Either way, congratulations.

I don't bother with resolutions Michelle...I know I'm a weakling

Howdy bohica, and welcome to FTE

A huffer on your 460, eh Jeff? That sounds like fun

Old 01-04-2011, 08:16 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Thanks a bunch, Steve. :-) Much appreciated. I say my wife is way better at landscape shooting than I am. My forte is sports & modeling photography, but I do try and shoot anything I can. I'm just glad you were able to enjoy them.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:32 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by R1_Demon
My forte is sports & modeling photography, but I do try and shoot anything I can.
I'll say....I saw the models & AVP albums Very nice.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice pics Mat, last time I was there it was about 110 F.

Hi Michelle, still on the same work schedule?

Old 01-04-2011, 08:35 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
I'll say....I saw the models & AVP albums Very nice.
If you get bored, you can check out my galleries on my pro photography page. I only put up some shots on FB, but my photography page that I designed usually has the latest uploads (except for these Zion pics)

http://www.southbayphoto.com

Just click on the Gallery link and it'll load it and if you click on the button near the bottom, it will show the list of all the galleries.

I'm working on changing it over to make it simpler because it seems to be a bit difficult right now, but I'll do that whenever I get time.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:01 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning Nevada!

Happy Hump Day!

Old 01-05-2011, 11:30 AM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Hey Bruce! No actually I was laid off the week before Christmas, so I'm on no work schedule right now.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:46 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Wow...it's Wed already?!

Old 01-05-2011, 08:13 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by racerchick21
Hey Bruce! No actually I was laid off the week before Christmas, so I'm on no work schedule right now.

Good Evening Nevada. Michelle, your in Fallon now? We are finally getting settled in here in Yuma & I was going to call you. But if your not down this way then we can't meet. Sorry to hear you got laid off. Hope everything is going OK for you. Enjoy the cold, foggy, Fallon winter. I was never so miserable as last winter in Fallon. I feel 100% better being back in the warmth of Arizona. Only 63 degrees today.

Craig

Old 01-05-2011, 09:50 PM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good evening everyone. Nice pics Mat.

Michelle, I can imagine. I have been the DD a few times. Including a club hopping in Reno for my boss. Yes I do want tickets to Nascar. Please PM me with price and payment info. I am working my budget to allow for a vacation. I really need one.

Does anyone know of a good online classified's web sit for 'Vegas? (Besides Craiglist)

Yea, putting a "huffer" on the 460. Decided to wait 'till spring though. It's too cold to be doing mods. The other night was 12*F. One of the student visa workers asked what that was in *C so I changed the setting on my phone and it showed -11*C. Looking at it that way made the 12* sound warmer

Old 01-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey, that's the schedule I'm on. Hope the time off is welcome. '

I am working on my own, not the same as keeping office hours.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:18 AM
R1_Demon
Elder User
I just found out yesterday that in Feb I switch over to graves. Ugggghhhh...this is gonna take some getting used to!

Old 01-06-2011, 11:53 AM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
The time off is but not the paycheck off lol.

Sorry Craig just missed you guys! It is cold and foggy here how did you know? I think I spent too much time down there 'cause I'm freezing all the time. Larry keeps calling me a flatlander. I don't think the wood stove has gone out since I've been home.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:28 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

The time off is but not the paycheck off lol.

Sorry Craig just missed you guys! It is cold and foggy here how did you know? I think I spent too much time down there 'cause I'm freezing all the time. Larry keeps calling me a flatlander. I don't think the wood stove has gone out since I've been home.
Good Afternoon Everyone.
Michelle, Once we lived in this climate during the winter for several years, seven in Pahrump & a few in Arizona, for me & Vici it was just awful having to live in the cold, snow, & fog again. If I have a choice we will never move back to that weather again. But for us we made a two year plan to return, to accelerate Vici's career, which she did. But we ended up having to stay an extra 6 months or so. We will come up to Hawthorne for awhile during breaks & summer, (WARMER WEATHER ONLY).
Everyone here is cold with the temps being in the 50s & 60s. We are waiting for the promised 70s by mid next week.

Craig

Quick Reply: January BS thread