Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Truck acting weird ! Running rough

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 08:15 PM
renan
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck acting weird ! Running rough

Well i was driving my truck " 00 F450 7.3L " and i noticed the truck started to act weird , it started to run rough , truck seemed like it was missing fuel .. like you could hit the gas pedal and no power at all. Well after a few seconds truck died.

I took to the dealer and paid a diagnostic of $195 .. they called and gave me an estimate of $2100 to replaced Orings and the fuel bowl ! They said there is a leak on the bowl , and the injectors are leaking also. I went there and i noticed the truck was still sitting at the same spot , tryed to look for the leak on the bowl couldnt find it.

Any help ? i dont believe on their diagnostic at all i mean i dont think a leak on the bowl could cause all this ? Unless all the seals on the injectors when bad on all injectors at the same time which no way in hell could have happened .. Any help ?

Check engine light is off. Cant read any code with my computer

Old 10-28-2010, 08:27 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you do have any leaks, this is the guy to get them from, bob at guzzles. Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines I dont believe that the leak unless quite severe would cause this but there is a possibility of the O-rings giving you an issue, is there any oil present in the fuel filter? If so injector HPO is leaking into the fuel which will give you some issues.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:34 PM
renan
Freshman User
you mean like the high oil pressure pump is leaking to the fuel bowl ?

Old 10-28-2010, 08:37 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Injector O-rings will cause the high pressure oil to leak into the fuel system, should be evident by inspecting the filter for oil contamination. Was the truck smoking at all?

Old 10-28-2010, 08:45 PM
renan
Freshman User
Yes there is a large white smoke when you crank the truck and when it starts a lot of white smoke comes out. But would it cause all this on the truck for not even to start ? i mean you guys know more than i do about diesel but how would this leak on the seal not make the truck to run ?

Old 10-28-2010, 09:09 PM
tdpower
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why do you keep starting new threads on the same problem? If you want help we need to know the history.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:19 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by tdpower
Why do you keep starting new threads on the same problem? If you want help we need to know the history.
This is kind of important. If we don't know all the info, we can't offer good advice. What else was left out of this thread? If it's really as simple as dealer wants $2,100 to fix it, decline, get the truck home, buy AE and a few o-rings from dieselorings and you can fix it yourself.

But if you only give bits and pieces of your issue in several different threads, we'll soon have you chasing your tail.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:34 PM
renan
Freshman User
well im a new user of this thing so i dont really know how to delete or continue with the same thread to be honest ... I recently replaced the HPOP and the Fuel Injector Regulator ... and the truck drove fine for a few days and then now it started this new problem. Truck now takes a while to start and when finally starts , runs rough and then die after a while.
Im going to check tomorrow to see if there is any oil in the fuel filter .. what other things should i check for ? i really dont believe on their diagnostic .. i feel like this could be a simple problem and they are just trying to rip me off ..

Old 10-29-2010, 12:02 PM
renan
Freshman User
Hey i took the fuel filter out and i noticed that there was alot of pressure in there and no oil in the diesel .. so no way this fuel bowl is leaking and no way the injectors seals are bad ...

What else could i check ?

Old 10-29-2010, 02:24 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
I have not read your other threads but check the ICP plug for oil

Old 11-06-2010, 10:52 AM
renan
Freshman User
Hey i got it to start and drove for a few days.... but i couldnt get to start this morning it seems like the glow plugs are working ...

I left plugged with in all night and when i went to start this morning the temp was still COLD level , i noticed my intake heater is not working and that there is no smoke comming out of the muffler at all while cranking

How do i test the glow plug relay ? which one of the two is it ? and if it is working how do i test my glow plugs ?

thanks