1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your truck today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 05:33 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,120 Likes on 1,805 Posts
Originally Posted by FordFETruck
I bought one of those old add on intermittent wiper delay things and added it to the truck this morning. Wired it up so I didn't have to cut any factory wiring or anything and it works pretty good. It's supposed to be 2-20 second variable delay but its really more like 7-14 seconds. Good enough for me! the copyright date on the box was 1984....
I want to add the same to mine 1 day but I have time before I need it. Glass is still out so I can paint it.

FedEx dropped off my new AC condenser & radiator. It was to be here last Saturday but for some reason it never made it.
Then we got hit with a snow storm Saturday night and it shut the state down, some schools are still closed and we only got 12" max!
Dave ----

Old 12-13-2018, 04:52 AM
crawlin-kingsnake
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smashed rear wheelwell trim

I managed to slide off on a dirt road right into my steel gate pole, smashing my rear wheelwell trim. Needed a tractor with winch to pull her out without further damage. The wheel well trim was totally bent and warped up.
Had a hard time peen it back to (almost original) shape. Looks ok from a few yards away now, but I can kick my a** for the truck had full trim with only one minor dent above the rear lights trim.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:54 PM
greyghost85
Postmaster
Talking

Originally Posted by crawlin-kingsnake
I managed to slide off on a dirt road right into my steel gate pole, smashing my rear wheelwell trim. Needed a tractor with winch to pull her out without further damage. The wheel well trim was totally bent and warped up.
Had a hard time peen it back to (almost original) shape. Looks ok from a few yards away now, but I can kick my a** for the truck had full trim with only one minor dent above the rear lights trim.
Trim shouldnt even be on a TRUCK

Old 12-13-2018, 08:06 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
I weighed mine today, picked up a load of firewood sold by weight... 1981 F350 4x4 T18... 5370 pounds with me and about half fuel capacity.

Old 12-17-2018, 01:55 PM
1986F150six
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
What was the wood's weight?

Old 12-30-2018, 05:08 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Rotated the tires today and set the choke a little tighter. Back in late August I think I put a Motorcraft choke thermostat on my carb that's for a Motorcraft 4180 and that thing has worked fantastic in temps from 90 down to 25 Fahrenheit. The number is Motorcraft CM4513 for anyone who is unhappy with how their aftermarket Holley electric choke works. Hooked mine to the stater wire off the alternator and works with no modifications. No adjustment reference notch though, so you gotta experiment a bit with that.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:18 AM
Dorsai
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey everybody...man, it's been a while since I've been here! Glad to see everything is still humming along.

Oh, my truck? Well, I guess I've hit a milestone of sorts...I've had my truck for about eight years, and now I am getting ready to replace one of the first parts I put on after I got it. I was headed out to lunch a few days ago, and the truck just died as I was going down the street. Mind you, this truck hasn't let me down once since I first got it sorted in 2010, so this was a bit of a surprise to me. Fortunately, I was (literally) three doors from home when this happened, so with the assistance of a neighbor I was able to get it pushed back into my driveway. Some quick testing showed it wasn't getting fuel to the carburetor, so I gave $25 to my local NAPA and put a new fuel pump on. That didn't fix the issue (I know, throwing parts at a problem is frowned upon...but I don't know the provenance of the fuel pump that was on there to begin with, so for $25 I was happy to put a known-good new one on there), plus the truck will run if I suck fuel out of a gas can, so I know the true problem is either in the tank itself or the line to the tank.

I've had my suspicions about the pickup in the tank for a while now (my gas gauge has been wonky lately, plus I've had stumbling if I accelerate up a hill while turning right), so I'm going to replace it even if the problem is a line issue. The sender is a NOS one I installed in 2011 or so when I replaced the original rusty and filthy tank. It didn't last as long as I would have wished, so I'm going with one of the dreaded Spectra pickups...hopefully I'll get lucky.

That is, if it will ever stop raining here...

Old 01-03-2019, 09:35 AM
Old Hickory
Laughing Gas
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Dorsai, I think the pickup in the tank is where you will find your problem. My truck did the same

thing a few years ago and it turned out to be the sock filter in the tank was plugging up.

Removing that filter solved the problem for me.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:16 PM
greyghost85
Postmaster
Installed a rear drive shaft. Seems to fit okay

Old 01-05-2019, 08:33 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Didn't do anything to my truck today but I bought a very nice 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS for super cheap today. The car is in nearly new condition. Going to sell my miata hopefully tomorrow. Talk about floating on a cloud!

Old 01-05-2019, 08:38 PM
Dorsai
Laughing Gas
Didn't do anything to my truck today but I bought a very nice 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS for super cheap today. The car is in nearly new condition. Going to sell my miata hopefully tomorrow. Talk about floating on a cloud!
Oh, God, my mother had that exact same car. I used to refer to it as her 'Medicare Sled', I think she's still mad at me about that.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:40 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Dorsai
Oh, God, my mother had that exact same car. I used to refer to it as her 'Medicare Sled', I think she's still mad at me about that.
LOL! was it gold?

It should make a nice second car, it sure runs and drives good. Needs new tires soon and a general tune up though. The seats are more comfortable than my couch in my house is. Just a driver to me. On the plus side I can now carry 5 passengers including me in the car and 5 more in the trunk.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:46 PM
Dorsai
Laughing Gas
LOL! was it gold?

It should make a nice second car, it sure runs and drives good. Needs new tires soon and a general tune up though. The seats are more comfortable than my couch in my house is. Just a driver to me. On the plus side I can now carry 5 passengers including me in the car and 5 more in the trunk.
I'd describe hers as more of a metallic brown...it's been gone a few years, I don't remember exactly.

And I do have to concede, it was supremely comfortable to ride in. But I also drove it a couple of times and I think I died a little inside each time. 'Floating on a cloud' is the understatement of the year.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:52 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Dorsai
I'd describe hers as more of a metallic brown...it's been gone a few years, I don't remember exactly.

And I do have to concede, it was supremely comfortable to ride in. But I also drove it a couple of times and I think I died a little inside each time. 'Floating on a cloud' is the understatement of the year.
Mine is a light silverish gold color. After all the junk vehicles I've driven both at work and what I grew up with I'm glad I was able to find something like that for the price I paid. I couldn't find any old full size 60's-70's cars that were worth a hoot to fix up.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:57 PM
greyghost85
Postmaster
Sell the cars and put the money in the pickup

Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?