Sponsored by: DP Tuner

gauge cluster

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 04:54 AM
Wiyr
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gauge cluster

well i took my cluster apart and took the needles off to peel off the backing sheet to scrap the green paint off the lines to put blue LED's in

Maybe "mikeyc0120" 'Spool&Go" Or "JP" Can Tune In

i was thinking "oh they will re calibrate themselfs" but they didnt when i put the cluster back in. im stump on how to go about this.. this is were the guages sit when the truck is off. i've tired cycling the key on/off and put the needles all the way down but didnt work..

Old 10-24-2010, 06:43 AM
Wiyr
Junior User
simplified. if i turn the truck off. and put the needles to the lowest point and turn the truck on.. the needles don't remotely come close, if it was the turned on the truck and guess the levels. they dont fall down correct.. as of right now i disconnect the batterys to see if it will help

Old 10-24-2010, 06:57 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
The needles take a little time to settle. If the above pic is with your truck off, carefully pop the needles off, reposition OP up a touch, fuel up a touch and temp down a touch, then power up and ensure they are all zeroed once the needles settle. Just touch the needles on very lightly - you then just pick the needle off, rotate it in the desired direction just a little bit, then touch the needle on. Once you'd gone through this cycle a few times you'll get the needles on exactly zero. Once you're happy, push the needles home and you're ready to go.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:33 AM
Wiyr
Junior User
The OP gauge is not suppose to move until the trucks started. Right?

Old 10-24-2010, 07:36 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Correct, OP will be zero when engine NOT running - assuming engine has been stopped for a few seconds and pressure has dispersed.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Wiyr
Junior User
Alright well I got the needles close. Moved the OP down so its 0 when I turn the truck on. All those key cycles killed all 4 of my Batterys

Old 10-24-2010, 08:01 AM
Wiyr
Junior User
well pictures with the truck off and on. fuel gauge is off cause i only got 4 gallons in the tank engine temp is goodish.. i guess its not gunna get any better... price you gotta pay for blue lights...

Old 10-24-2010, 08:24 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Got there in the end.
If I get sick of my white dash card, I'll scrape the green off my stock card and re-fit as you have done!
To date I've noticed that the white card does not have the really sharp definition of symbols as what the stock card has.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Wiyr
Junior User
Originally Posted by SSSimon
Got there in the end.
If I get sick of my white dash card, I'll scrape the green off my stock card and re-fit as you have done!
To date I've noticed that the white card does not have the really sharp definition of symbols as what the stock card has.
lol.. i literally spent 3 hours scrapping green off with a steak knife.. im sure theres fast ways.. but i got bored