Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Senior User

JohnDeereFarmerUSMC is starting off with a positive reputation.
hahaha, i do that all the frickin' time, usually catch myself right before i post though!

00 F250 ext cab lariat 4x4--- 6637, Early 99 turbo wheel, EBPV delete pedestal and housing, IH up's, 4" down, NoLimitsTuning, 160/100% sticks,FRx etc. AND RUNNING AGAIN!
USMC Active duty 0311 2x OEF, Currently stationed in Indian Head MD.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Posting Guru

KelVarnson is a name known to allKelVarnson is a name known to allKelVarnson is a name known to allKelVarnson is a name known to allKelVarnson is a name known to allKelVarnson is a name known to all
So what's the harm of digging up an old thread? Better than starting a new one, IMO.

'02 F250 SCLB 7.3 4WD, 140k. 6637 Filter, ELC with bypass filter, $.50 mod, CCV delete, JW Valve Body, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Moog Ball Joints, 285/75 16 Michelin LTX-AT2's, Line-X, Snug-Top Shell, Yakima Racks.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Postmaster

CSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen2013 View Post
im pretty certain the precombustion chamber were only existent in the 6.9 and 7.3 idi because of the indirect injection..natrally asspurated...am i right or wrong??
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen2013 View Post
lol sry im not guna lie i never looked at the date just read the comment...was just searching around to enlighten myself on stuff i may not have seen before and got caught up with his comment
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnson View Post
So what's the harm of digging up an old thread? Better than starting a new one, IMO.
Thats all fine and dandy...

If you have SOMETHING to add... but when you add nothing but bring up a 5 month old thread...

Just sayin...
Old 10-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Posting Guru

KelVarnson is a name known to allKelVarnson is a name known to allKelVarnson is a name known to allKelVarnson is a name known to allKelVarnson is a name known to allKelVarnson is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Thats all fine and dandy...

If you have SOMETHING to add...
...with ya on that...

'02 F250 SCLB 7.3 4WD, 140k. 6637 Filter, ELC with bypass filter, $.50 mod, CCV delete, JW Valve Body, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Moog Ball Joints, 285/75 16 Michelin LTX-AT2's, Line-X, Snug-Top Shell, Yakima Racks.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Elder User

1fixitman has a very good reputation on FTE.1fixitman has a very good reputation on FTE.1fixitman has a very good reputation on FTE.
Dwayne Dotson
I don't believe I read thru this whole thread and wasted my time. The OP's problem was never solved from what I read. Let me find something that I can learn more of.
Dwayne Early 1999 F250 2WD Extended cab. 190k B.E.S.T. Map CCV re-route, 50 cent mod, EBPV delete w/ blank pedestal, Resistor installed, 6637 filter w/pete's cover, Used 38R and Intl Up pipes(thanks for the great deal and getting that clamp back on...Jason), billet Plenums, new boots and clamps, AE, Stancor style GPR $38 http://www.aerialequipmentparts.com/...586-105111.htm. Window tint, Hutch and Harpoon mod, Parts on bench: HPOP re-seal kit, ICP, IPR, CPS, FRx, 4 way heater hose valve for cold AC mod, .
Old 10-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Postmaster

nlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fixitman View Post
I don't believe I read thru this whole thread and wasted my time. The OP's problem was never solved from what I read. Let me find something that I can learn more of.
I'm with you Dwayne BUT...This is the classic case of someone who looks for help from members then for whatever reason, fails to complete the thread when/if he fixes the truck. To learn the most, there has to be a solution which solved the problem...without the OP giving that feedback to the board, the majority of the learning is lost.

Neal in fantasyland: I wish that when a person had a problem and started a thread, they had to put up a $5 deposit that was refundable when the problem was solved and he posted the solution.

Support The Semper Fi Fund or America's Fund

Your kids are better off if you blow their college savings in Las Vegas. They'll be just as uneducated, but at least they won't be as indoctrinated. - Neal, retired professor
Old 10-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Elder User

srteach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.srteach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiseman View Post
ok i have a 99 7.3l turbo diesel and i have recently been having alot of trouble getting it started. i know that starter fluid is bad for diesel so before everyone tells me..i already know..i have checked the hpop..not the problem, gpr, not the problem, glowplugs...not the problem. i know i have a slight fuel leak from the check valve that drains the water from the fuel..could it just be low fuel pressure? but when i shoot it with starting fluid or wd-40 it starts right up and runs perfect. o..and the check engine light randomly pops on only while im driving tho and especially when i punch the pedal...please helppp!!
I know this is an old post (please don't kill the messenger), but was there a resolution on the problem? Did the Op sell the truck or fix it?

WHAT HAPPENED????
Darrell, PAA#131

The Blue(ish) Beast. 7.3 manual, 6637 Mod, Hutch mod on a steel aft axle tank, pre-pump fuel filter, coolant filter, LED rear lights, HPx, front axle rebuild, transfer case replaced, rear (clear 1 piece) window replaced with privacy manual slider
Old 06-26-2014, 09:29 PM
New User

Duckhunter1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am having the same issue

I am new and not sure how to get help here, but I have the same issue with my 99 7.3 I have 6 codes that come up
P1690
P0381
P1212
P1247
P0470
P1211
Any help?
Old 06-27-2014, 05:49 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
The last link in my signature... give it a click. Where are the scan tools you say? First link in my signature.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:49 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
1999, 2000, 450, 50, 73, duty, fluid, ford, powerstroke, start, starter, starting, super, v10, wont