6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Cummins v. International - Maybe your truck is ok afterall...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 05:43 PM
IHbase
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cummins v. International - Maybe your truck is ok afterall...

Cut and Copy from Dodge discussion: - mike

6.7 cummins legal issues info link:

Here is the possible Class Action link :

Dodge 6.7 Diesel Engine Class Action Attorney | Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

Dodge 6.7 Diesel Engine Class Action
Are You An Owner of a 2007 - 2009 Dodge 6.7 Diesel Engine Vehicle?
There are many 2007, 2008 and 2009 Dodge 2500 and 3500 Cummins 6.7 diesel owners fed up with the chronic issues they have experienced with the new technology of their Dodge trucks. Our law firm is receiving requests for assistance and legal guidance regarding the constant check engine light, stalling and numerous other complaints by Dodge owners.

Chrysler is having repair problems with its 2007, 2008 and 2009 Dodge RAM trucks equipped with the 6.7 Liter Cummins turbo diesel engine. Typically, the check engine light comes on causing the owner to take it in to their dealer for warranty repairs. The dealers often find problems with the engine computer controls, the emissions system, the turbo, and the transmissions.

Dodge has issued technical service bulletins on these models dealing with engine control software issues and excessive turbocharger soot accumulation resulting in emissions problems.

Dodge Fire Recall Alert: 2007-2008 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 with Cummins Diesels
Following 14 reports of engine-bay fires, Chrysler is recalling 108,429 2007-2008 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 pickup trucks equipped with the 6.7L Cummins diesel engine. The fires were caused by sagging noise insulation material coming into contact with the diesel's exhaust-gas recirculation cooler.

The EGR systems are used to reduce nitrogen-oxide emissions by recirculating a portion of the engine's exhaust back into the engine at a lower temperature. Nitrogen oxide emissions are a major pollutant, contributing to smog, asthma, and respiratory and heart diseases. To remedy the fire hazard, dealers will add a bracket in the engine compartment to support the silencing material that is in danger of contacting the EGR cooler.

If you believe your Dodge Ram 2500 or 3500 pickup truck caused a fire, please contact our law firm immediately by completing the Dodge 6.7 Diesel Potential Client Questionnaire and returning it to our office immediately. Affected owners may also contact Chrysler regarding the recall at 800-853-1403. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration ("NHTSA") campaign number for this issue is 08V641000.

Complete and Submit Your Dodge Intake Questionnaire Today
If you are the owner of a 2007, 2008 or 2009 Dodge 2500 or 3500 truck with the Cummins 6.7 diesel engine, please CLICK HERE to complete our law firm's intake Questionnaire. You may also contact us directly by calling toll-free (888) 350-3931, or submitting your information on-line using our CONTACT FORM. Additionally, you may qualify to participate in a Dodge class action lawsuit if you live in one of the following states:

Minnesota
Kentucky
Oklahoma
New Hampshire
Illinois
Alabama
Kansas
Texas
Missouri
Indiana
Pennsylvania
If you live in one of these states, and are the owner of a 2007, 2008 or 2009 Dodge 2500 or 3500 truck with the Cummins 6.7 diesel engine, please CLICK HERE to complete our law firm's intake Questionnaire. You may also contact us directly by calling toll-free (888) 350-3931, or submitting your information on-line using our CONTACT FORM.

6.7 Diesel Questionaire link:http://www.crafthugheslaw.com/CM/Cus...istributed.pdf

most of these issues are old and were handled allready through tsb updates some have not,

some one has been reading the mail gripes to put this questionaire together,

This really getting too Deep,

I just wanted a nice new replacement truck to drive and not all this ?

Old 12-15-2009, 06:48 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,417 Likes on 1,012 Posts
well I would think this will hit the news then.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:53 PM
IHbase
Elder User
Cummins problems?

I wonder if Fiat will be or is considering using an Iveco engine (Iveco engines are used in Case IH farm equipment- both are a part of the Fiat Industrial empire) instead of the Cummins. That would be interesting...

-mike

Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 PM
dieselMD
New User
I am not a bleeding heart-liberal or anything but lets not forget the problems Ford had w/ early 6.0L's.....if you see a Cummins broke down do the neighborly thing and give 'em a tow to their local dealer!

Old 12-16-2009, 08:25 AM
The_Juice
Junior User
Nothing worse than a class action, doesn't benefit owners in any way.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:32 PM
IHbase
Elder User
Originally Posted by The_Juice
Nothing worse than a class action, doesn't benefit owners in any way.
ummmm, what are you talking about?!

Owners CHOOSE to join because they believe a defective product has caused them financial damages. So,,, apparently class members believe that if they prevail, the civil action WILL benefit them. Otherwise, there would be no incentive to join the class.

If I owned a product that was defectively designed or manufactured, and if that product were the subject of a civil action among numerous similarly-situated owners, I would join the class action- as would, I presume, almost any other rational-actor.

-mike

Old 12-17-2009, 08:22 AM
The_Juice
Junior User
They join the suit because of big promises of money from the attorneys. Once its settled they realize who gets all the money. And in the long run the costs are passed back on to the consumer.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:40 PM
IHbase
Elder User
Originally Posted by The_Juice
They join the suit because of big promises of money from the attorneys. Once its settled they realize who gets all the money. And in the long run the costs are passed back on to the consumer.
I see where you are going with this. In many jurisdictions, it is a violation of bar association rules for an attorney to "promise" ANY type of outcome in litigation. Further, in a class action, the percentage of any award received by the attorney's is stipulated before settlement. Yes, 30% of millions is, well,, a lot. But would you prefer that a company continue to manufacture a crap product without penalty? I'd rather have some of the costs of prior litigation be contained in the cost of my vehicle than have the opportunity to purchase a cheaper vehicle that may be totally defective and have no legal recourse.

Because of our legal system, we all generally EXPECT the products we purchase both to function as an average consumer would expect them to function for their ordinary purposes and not to present any unreasonable risk of harm.

Sure, I totally agree that the system should/could(?) be improved. I am just not very clear on exactly how...

-mike

Old 12-20-2009, 01:49 PM
jasfaa
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am involved in a class action against Ford on the 6.0 liter. The big issue here is it will be 10 years before anything happens. By then, most people don't care.