Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Winter Storage

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 01:19 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Winter Storage

Almost done putting the toys away. I need to talk to one more body shop to figure out if I'm going to send the F250 in for paint. First couple of guys simply would not touch it and said so outright and then added to do it to their standards would cost me,...well more than I paid for the truck. I guess body shops now like to do small jobs with hi margins or deal directly with insurance companies? I'm in no rush I just don't want to rust check this thing before painting and it will be outside this winter.
Almost outside, I put up one of those 10X20 portable garages in a friends back yard so it will be out of the elements as long as the thing doesn't blow away. BTW, a 10X20 garage is more like 12x20 at the base, took up more space than I needed to. May park the F250 this weekend?

The Falcon is under cover at my moms and the '76 has it's snows on waiting for a quick rattle can resto.

Is everyone else ready for the snow? I was at Napa and they're selling snowblowers this year. I asked how many they have sold so far and the answer was "well it hasn't snowed yet".
Speaking of which , I should get the snow blower out of storage and fire it up to make sure all is well.

Now for those christmas lights........

Frank

Old 11-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you've been busy.

Originally Posted by fp_5
Almost done putting the toys away. I need to talk to one more body shop to figure out if I'm going to send the F250 in for paint. First couple of guys simply would not touch it and said so outright and then added to do it to their standards would cost me,...well more than I paid for the truck. I guess body shops now like to do small jobs with hi margins or deal directly with insurance companies? I'm in no rush I just don't want to rust check this thing before painting and it will be outside this winter.
Almost outside, I put up one of those 10X20 portable garages in a friends back yard so it will be out of the elements as long as the thing doesn't blow away. BTW, a 10X20 garage is more like 12x20 at the base, took up more space than I needed to. May park the F250 this weekend?

The Falcon is under cover at my moms and the '76 has it's snows on waiting for a quick rattle can resto.

Is everyone else ready for the snow? I was at Napa and they're selling snowblowers this year. I asked how many they have sold so far and the answer was "well it hasn't snowed yet".
Speaking of which , I should get the snow blower out of storage and fire it up to make sure all is well.

Now for those christmas lights........

Frank
I hear ya about the body shops, that's why I ended up doing the job myself with the help of my pal of course.

That's one nice truck you have there so I can understand your reluctance to just let it get done anywhere.

I just got the Bronco sprayed by Rust Check in Bowmanville, the guy did an excellent job, we'll just have to see how it stacks up to Crown.

inbox me if you'd like to get together for a coffee before winter sets in.

Rick.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:05 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Over here we have one guy who is THE go-to shop for hot rods/customs/restorations etc. But he charges everything time & material, no quotes/estimates whatsoever, because you never know what kind of rust you may run into.

Winter's not here yet, no worries about snow yet.