Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Adrenaline is already pumping!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 12:35 PM
robinsonpowerstroke
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Adrenaline is already pumping!

I can't wait for Saturday to come. A little town by where I live is having a truck and tractor pull. They are having a street truck class and this is truly a street truck class. The only requirements are that must be diesel and be less than 8000 pounds with the driver in the seat. I am going to be as close to 8000 lbs as possible. Going to use sandbags as weight. Last year I watched it and the winner was a 2001 dually with just a chip. I think I have a pretty good chance at winning it. Will just have to wait and see. Anybody got any advice since I've never done it before?
Edit: Sorry I shouldn't have used the word adrenaline. I'm not talking about the programmer, I'm just talking about my adrenaline.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:42 PM
indyF-350psd
you can't fix stupid!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good deal! is that YOUR adrenaline or bob's adrenaline thats pumping? LOL! i would love to try pulling just once to see what she could do but im afraid i would rip something apart...........

Old 09-01-2009, 12:45 PM
03_PSD
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol...at first I thought this thread was about Dieselsites new HPOP.

I've never pulled before, looks like a blast though. Sorry no advice from me except have someone video taping you.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:46 PM
robinsonpowerstroke
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by indyF-350psd
good deal! is that YOUR adrenaline or bob's adrenaline thats pumping? LOL! i would love to try pulling just once to see what she could do but im afraid i would rip something apart...........
If your asking about the truck, I love it. Pull ***** like I've never have. It totally drives me nuts when I have to drive my dads gasser.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:47 PM
robinsonpowerstroke
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by 03_PSD
lol...at first I thought this thread was about Dieselsites new HPOP.

I've never pulled before, looks like a blast though. Sorry no advice from me except have someone video taping you.
For sure. Going to make one of my buddies tape it so I can post it on here.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:55 PM
mudbug04
Senior User
first off, i love the way your truck looks!
secondly i would highly recommend pulling in 4L, i have seen people try 4H and its not to bueno unless you seriously have enough power to push it. If they have a hitch height limit i would try to get as high as you can with the hitch so your pulling as straight as possible from the take off. get your speed up from the get go and give em hell!!

Old 09-01-2009, 04:17 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Good luck Justin! Fire 'em up!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just like the others said, 4L hubs locked, and if it starts hopping let out immediately or something will break, dont ask me how I know.
Most pulls have a hitch height limit of 24'' to the center of the eye. With my 4'' lift and 35s a straight tow hitch with an eye sits right at 23.5 inches, but most wont check in a street class unless its pretty obvious.
Double check to make sure you are not required to have a killswitch, some do around here and some dont. If you find out you do, give me a shout and i'll tell you how to make a cheap one out of an extension cord like I did mine.
With no rear ladder bars I wouldnt recommend running the rear tire psi below 40-45
Front you could run down to 28-30 or so.

Hope that helps some man, Goodluck!!! hold 'er to the floor

Old 09-01-2009, 08:50 PM
robinsonpowerstroke
Laughing Gas
There is a hitch height of 26”. For the kill switch, that is not needed. I was wondering on either 4H or 4L. I didn’t want to get to the line in 4H and look like a fool cause not enough power, or on the other hand, get to the line in 4L and look like I was going to be a tractor and try to pull the sled slow. Now I know 4L is the way to go. Also thanks for the tip on air pressure. I will probably run the rear down to 43 and the front to 30. What type of hitch do they normally use, pintle?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by robinsonpowerstroke
There is a hitch height of 26”. For the kill switch, that is not needed. I was wondering on either 4H or 4L. I didn’t want to get to the line in 4H and look like a fool cause not enough power, or on the other hand, get to the line in 4L and look like I was going to be a tractor and try to pull the sled slow. Now I know 4L is the way to go. Also thanks for the tip on air pressure. I will probably run the rear down to 43 and the front to 30. What type of hitch do they normally use, pintle?
No problem man, I think that usually they require a hitch with a 2.5'' opening around here, i've got one with an eyelet, but thats just what I had, I know alot of people who use a pintle hitch, its a tight fit, but it fits regardless.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:04 PM
robinsonpowerstroke
Laughing Gas
Ok I will take my pintle hitch with me. Thanks for the advice.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Donny_D
Senior User
good luck man... hope everything goes well for ya... show'em what the 7.3 can do

Old 09-01-2009, 09:14 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good luck, never been to a pull so get plenty of pics for us house mouse's and video if possible...