Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Arizona Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: kermmydog

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Post Fiend

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
Where are all the Nubee's?

We have had lot's of new people join...... how come they dont post?
Old 12-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Senior User

89stinger is starting off with a positive reputation.
POST! There ya go.... I always forget to check AZ Chapter stuff. Usually too busy trying to figure out how to fix something. Hope everyone has a very Merry CHRISTMAS!

Old 12-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Senior User

FXDC4419 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi Bill,
They are probably afraid to. If they are not all knowing, and happen to ask a question that has been answered before or do not know to give enough info. the responses can be rather rude. Or maybe they just have no idea what they are doing and are as green as grass to these old trucks, or any other vehicle. But they are willing to try to learn. They are the ones that should be able to ask and get a straight answer with out being treated like they are stupid. They deserve credit for having the guts to jump in and try. Just my opinion.

Bill T.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Elder User

1dieselman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey I'm here, haven't seen much going on in the Az chapter, have been posting in the idi diesel and small block forums.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:56 PM
SUPER size it!

UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXDC4419 View Post
Hi Bill,
They are probably afraid to. If they are not all knowing, and happen to ask a question that has been answered before or do not know to give enough info. the responses can be rather rude. Or maybe they just have no idea what they are doing and are as green as grass to these old trucks, or any other vehicle. But they are willing to try to learn. They are the ones that should be able to ask and get a straight answer with out being treated like they are stupid. They deserve credit for having the guts to jump in and try. Just my opinion.

Bill T.
Hey Bill......sorry to hear about how you are treated. What section do you post on this site? Pretty much everybody in the 7.3L Diesel section is very cool to newer people. This time of year especially.....we get the exact same questions about trucks not starting from the cold. We're like a big family over there, and for the handful of regular posters in the AZ Forum, we are also! A lot of us have met in person. We try to have g2g's a few times a year. Anybody that is a jerk to a newbie needs an attitude adjustment if you ask me.......if I saw it, I'd be all over them reminding them that they new JACK SQUAT at some point in time. I don't take that lightly.......we all gotta start somewhere!

PAA #5
2000 F250 Crew Cab with a few goodies
Old 12-20-2008, 08:17 PM
New User

dgoodhart is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd have posted earlier but have been wresling with the clutch on my Ranger. First time doing this so it has been slow.

First the drive shaft didn't want to come off, found out you need a BFH. Took care of that problem.
Didn't drain the oil so took a bath once the drive shaft came out.
Waisted an hour or so with a "helper" and "advice" trying to remove the Y.
Came back next day (doing this at work, I have a gravel drive and no garage) after reading hear and finialy got the trans out myself.
Pilot bearing (if you can call it that) was non existant except the outer shell. After trying to find a puller, and the grease ext trick (to no avail), the chisel and BFH took care of the bearing.
Now the new flywheel doesn't quite match up, 4 holes good, 2 slighly off.

Will give it a go again Sunday or maybe a day off wouldn't be bad. I do have 2 wheels to boot skoot n boogy.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Post Fiend

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
Hi, Keep rotating the clutch plate around untill all the holes line up, sometimes the bolt holes are offset, don't know if that's the case with your truck or not but might be worth a try. I am sure i have ran across what you describe before..... Aint Gravel fun!

Just a month ago I poured a 10X20 ft concrete pad, so no more dirt for me!

What kind of bike?
Old 12-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Post Fiend

helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.
I sign em up but I can't make em post, I am always looking for tnem in other forums to remind them to post up here.
Bart
Old 12-21-2008, 06:53 PM
New User

dgoodhart is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill W View Post
Hi, Keep rotating the clutch plate around untill all the holes line up, sometimes the bolt holes are offset, don't know if that's the case with your truck or not but might be worth a try. I am sure i have ran across what you describe before..... Aint Gravel fun!

Just a month ago I poured a 10X20 ft concrete pad, so no more dirt for me!

What kind of bike?
No, the flywheel (new) bolt holes don't line up on the engine. It's the right part # from Napa, but not quite right. I've lined it up with the old flywheel and 2 holes are jsut off.

I took today off due to football, gotta keep your prioritys straight. Although I should've done something else considering Pitt didn't bring home the bacon, and don't know what the h@^% the Cardinals were playing(not football).

I'm hoping someone will turn me in for extreme house makeover, maybe I can get my garage. Gravel definately pushes some maintenance items out a bit.

As for the bike I ride a Honda Shadow for a daily commuter (sorry Harley guys).
On dirt I race a KTM.

Last edited by dgoodhart; 12-21-2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: mis read
Old 12-22-2008, 06:38 AM
Posting Guru

SGnAZ has a good reputation on FTE.SGnAZ has a good reputation on FTE.SGnAZ has a good reputation on FTE.
Well here's another Arizona member.Getting ready for Christmas
Looking forward to some more great info here.
Steve
Old 12-22-2008, 06:38 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Arizona Chapter