Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum80/)
-   -   Where are all the Nubee's? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/803472-where-are-all-the-nubees.html)

Bill W 12-20-2008 10:32 AM

Where are all the Nubee's?

We have had lot's of new people join...... how come they dont post? :-tap

89stinger 12-20-2008 10:44 AM

POST! :) There ya go.... I always forget to check AZ Chapter stuff. Usually too busy trying to figure out how to fix something. Hope everyone has a very Merry CHRISTMAS! :-drink

FXDC4419 12-20-2008 10:52 AM

Hi Bill,
They are probably afraid to. If they are not all knowing, and happen to ask a question that has been answered before or do not know to give enough info. the responses can be rather rude. Or maybe they just have no idea what they are doing and are as green as grass to these old trucks, or any other vehicle. But they are willing to try to learn. They are the ones that should be able to ask and get a straight answer with out being treated like they are stupid. They deserve credit for having the guts to jump in and try. Just my opinion.

Bill T.

1dieselman 12-20-2008 11:46 AM

Hey I'm here, haven't seen much going on in the Az chapter, have been posting in the idi diesel and small block forums.

UP_There 12-20-2008 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by FXDC4419 (Post 6906563)
Hi Bill,
They are probably afraid to. If they are not all knowing, and happen to ask a question that has been answered before or do not know to give enough info. the responses can be rather rude. Or maybe they just have no idea what they are doing and are as green as grass to these old trucks, or any other vehicle. But they are willing to try to learn. They are the ones that should be able to ask and get a straight answer with out being treated like they are stupid. They deserve credit for having the guts to jump in and try. Just my opinion.

Bill T.

Hey Bill......sorry to hear about how you are treated. What section do you post on this site? Pretty much everybody in the 7.3L Diesel section is very cool to newer people. This time of year especially.....we get the exact same questions about trucks not starting from the cold. We're like a big family over there, and for the handful of regular posters in the AZ Forum, we are also! A lot of us have met in person. We try to have g2g's a few times a year. Anybody that is a jerk to a newbie needs an attitude adjustment if you ask me.......if I saw it, I'd be all over them reminding them that they new JACK SQUAT at some point in time. I don't take that lightly.......we all gotta start somewhere! :-X25

dgoodhart 12-20-2008 08:17 PM

I'd have posted earlier but have been wresling with the clutch on my Ranger. First time doing this so it has been slow.

First the drive shaft didn't want to come off, found out you need a BFH. Took care of that problem.
Didn't drain the oil so took a bath once the drive shaft came out.
Waisted an hour or so with a "helper" and "advice" trying to remove the Y.
Came back next day (doing this at work, I have a gravel drive and no garage:confused:) after reading hear and finialy got the trans out myself.
Pilot bearing (if you can call it that) was non existant except the outer shell. After trying to find a puller, and the grease ext trick (to no avail), the chisel and BFH took care of the bearing.
Now the new flywheel doesn't quite match up, 4 holes good, 2 slighly off.

Will give it a go again Sunday or maybe a day off wouldn't be bad. I do have 2 wheels to boot skoot n boogy.:-X0A6

Bill W 12-20-2008 09:11 PM

Hi, Keep rotating the clutch plate around untill all the holes line up, sometimes the bolt holes are offset, don't know if that's the case with your truck or not but might be worth a try. I am sure i have ran across what you describe before..... Aint Gravel fun!

Just a month ago I poured a 10X20 ft concrete pad, so no more dirt for me!

What kind of bike?

helifixer 12-21-2008 05:48 PM

I sign em up but I can't make em post, I am always looking for tnem in other forums to remind them to post up here.
Bart

dgoodhart 12-21-2008 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bill W (Post 6908382)
Hi, Keep rotating the clutch plate around untill all the holes line up, sometimes the bolt holes are offset, don't know if that's the case with your truck or not but might be worth a try. I am sure i have ran across what you describe before..... Aint Gravel fun!

Just a month ago I poured a 10X20 ft concrete pad, so no more dirt for me!

What kind of bike?

No, the flywheel (new) bolt holes don't line up on the engine. It's the right part # from Napa, but not quite right. I've lined it up with the old flywheel and 2 holes are jsut off.

I took today off due to football, gotta keep your prioritys straight. Although I should've done something else considering Pitt didn't bring home the bacon, and don't know what the h@^% the Cardinals were playing(not football).

I'm hoping someone will turn me in for extreme house makeover, maybe I can get my garage. Gravel definately pushes some maintenance items out a bit.

As for the bike I ride a Honda Shadow for a daily commuter (sorry Harley guys).
On dirt I race a KTM.

SGnAZ 12-22-2008 06:38 AM

Well here's another Arizona member.Getting ready for Christmas:)
Looking forward to some more great info here.
Steve