Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Need a mechanic in Seattle/Eastside

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Nader
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need a mechanic in Seattle/Eastside

Anyone know of a good diesel shop or mechanic in the Seattle area, preferably east side? Thanks.
P.S.: Hey, how 'bout this semi-cold snap we're having?

Old 12-16-2008, 08:05 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Kwik??? Dan???

Old 12-16-2008, 08:07 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Yeah, Dan is a mechanic and knows his stuff and is a great guy.
Here is his profile.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/member.php?u=198029

Old 12-16-2008, 08:23 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Except his shop doesn't work on Super Duty's, but since he's in the area, he might volunteer some assistance or be able to recommend a mechanic.

What kind of problems are you having? Is it something you could fix yourself with a little advice?

Old 12-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Nader
Senior User
Well, it's a 2000 F350 automatic with an Edge Juice, possibly an AIS intake (I'm not sure) and 107K miles. Got it used a few months and few thousand miles ago with the mods already in place. I've kept the chip on the mildest setting since I've had the truck.

All was well until this morning when I noticed a loud whoosh/hiss beyond the usual pleasing turbo whistle. There was an accompanying loss of power, and the expected loss of boost on the gauge. The whoosh lessened as the truck warmed up, but I still have turbo lag and an intermittent loss of boost.

I understand this can be as simple as a loose hose clamp or gasket, but I'm also worried about blockages, wastegate issues or worse. I'd like for someone who knows what they're doing to give the engine a good once over since I'm not too familiar with this turbodiesel scene.

Thanks.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:49 PM
8tsixt
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nader
Well, it's a 2000 F350 automatic with an Edge Juice, possibly an AIS intake (I'm not sure) and 107K miles. Got it used a few months and few thousand miles ago with the mods already in place. I've kept the chip on the mildest setting since I've had the truck.

All was well until this morning when I noticed a loud whoosh/hiss beyond the usual pleasing turbo whistle. There was an accompanying loss of power, and the expected loss of boost on the gauge. The whoosh lessened as the truck warmed up, but I still have turbo lag and an intermittent loss of boost.

I understand this can be as simple as a loose hose clamp or gasket, but I'm also worried about blockages, wastegate issues or worse. I'd like for someone who knows what they're doing to give the engine a good once over since I'm not too familiar with this turbodiesel scene.

Thanks.
Sounds like the evbp kicked in. Others will step in and tell you the valve closed the exhaust to heat up the engine quicker.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep -- it's just cold. When it warms up it'll be okay. That's what the EBPV does, and why a lot of us gut it. I have no EBPV anymore and don't miss it a bit.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:42 AM
Powerstrokedlariat
Postmaster
I'm in Seattle nearly every other weekend if you need something looked at! But it sounds like your EBPV for sure.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Nader
Senior User
Funny how the cold weather's brought all these turbo noise/malfunction threads. And thanks for the offer of help.

I searched further and see that maybe you guys are right about this EPBV acting up in the cold. I hope so, that would be the cheap answer. Does this valve still actuate when the temp gauge is a third of the way up?

Seriously, who's a good diesel wrench around Seattle for when the time comes? Is there a go to shop or does everyone up here do their own work?

Old 12-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Powerstrokedlariat
Postmaster
Well the idea here is to get all the info so you can save the money, so yeah most of us do our own wrenchin'. I dont know of a good shop that far south, sorry. There are a couple other guys on here from down that way though so hopefully they see this and chime in.

Old 07-06-2015, 05:12 PM
Bowie
Elder User
So I hate to say it but this needs thread needs to be revived. I need a mechanic in Seattle/ Preferably east-side(Bellevue, Renton, Issaquah, Bothell) area. Need to some maintenance stuff done and just my front auto 4wd is not working unless I manually turn the hubs, also want to install the red head steering box, the list goes on I just dont have the time these days. Thanks for he help.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:19 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Woodnthings might know a guy in your area. Many of us turn our own wrenches, and seek out experienced input to prevent using said wrench on our own heads.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Nader
Senior User
Seven years later, I know a bit more about my truck, but would still like a go-to shop. I'm looking at a transmission replacement, probably the HD4r100, and will probably go to the dealer for it.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:17 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
I believe there are a couple diesel shops in Snohomish. Not sure of there quality of work though.

For a transmission look up horizonpartsguy.com they are located in Tukwila and have decent online prices.

Old 07-10-2015, 02:23 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Talked to a guy today and he said these guys know there stuff.

North West Custom Diesel ? Tacoma, WA

Quick Reply: Need a mechanic in Seattle/Eastside